New Lukas Moodysson Film - "VI ÄR BÄST!"

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

New Lukas Moodysson Film - "VI ÄR BÄST!"

Postby snaps » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Lukas Moodysson makes the feature film "WE ARE THE BEST!"
Film i Vast AB - April 16, 2012 11:09 EDT

Stockholm 1982

A film about Bobo, Clara, and Hedwig. Three girls who are twelve or thirteen years. As drag around on the streets and babbling. Who are brave and tough and strong and weak and confused and goofy. As can fend for themselves far too early. Heats fish sticks in the toaster when the mother is at the pub. Starts a punk rock band without instruments to play, even though everyone says that punk is dead. If being different and about a friendship that is greater than everything else. A movie with lots of music and a lot of humor and very serious.

- I hope it will be a happy film, full of hope and vitality, says Lukas Moodysson.

Coco Moodysson has written comic book Never bedtime, which is the basis for the story. Lukas Moodysson has done script processing.

- It is very gratifying for us to continue our partnership with the Memphis Film and Lukas Moodysson makes film in Trollhättan again, says Jessica Ash, Production Manager at Film i Vast.

Lukas Moodysson has previously made including feature films Fucking Amal, Together, Lilya 4-ever and Mammut.

Recording is planned for autumn 2012. The recording will be done at samproducerande Film in the West and on location in Stockholm.

Cinema Premiere autumn 2013th Distributed to the movies in SF.

The film is produced by the Memphis Film.

Film in the West is one of Europe's leading regional film funds. We are owned by the Västra Götaland Region and sits through the movie western Sweden on world map. We are co-producers, partners and funders of 30-40 Swedish and international feature films, as many short films and documentaries as well as a handful of TV drama series per year.

Film in the West at a glance
Owned by Västra Götaland
Revenue: SEK 100 million (2011)
The client is the Västra Götaland Regional Development Board and Region Västra Götaland Cultural Committee.
snaps
Crew Member

Re: New Lukas Moodysson Film - "VI ÄR BÄST!"

Postby katka » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Wow ! Super news ! *:)* :D
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 am

Great to see Lukas back in the saddle. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am

Could be interesting.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Cheevers4ever » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:38 pm

A return to the fun nature of his first two films which i'm sooooooooo happy about cause i think he's more comfortable in this position.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UXoLaxoTx8

this is the only footage of Moodysson's wife Coco, reading up on her blog she's really into the band The Cure and Robert smith the singer and leader of the band she even wrote a book on him and had her daughter dress up like him :D . Looking at her nd listening to her, i think Lukas got a lot of Agnes character from his wife. I can't wait for V AR Basyt hopefully its a return to his sunny first two efforts.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby sydney » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:49 am

Very good news. I thought Mammoth was his last movie :(

But now something is on the horizon!!!!! *:)* *:)* *:)* *:)* *:)* *:)*
sydney

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 am

sydney wrote:Very good news. I thought Mammoth was his last movie :(

and reading excerpts of the comic, it looks like it be a return to Fucking amal/Together terrioty. I taught his last three films lacked the heart of his first three efforts. But this could bea return to his sunnier efforts which for me was Moodysson high points.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby sydney » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:10 am

Cheevers4ever wrote:

and reading excerpts of the comic, it looks like it be a return to Fucking amal/Together terrioty. I taught his last three films lacked the heart of his first three efforts. But this could bea return to his sunnier efforts which for me was Moodysson high points.

You're absolutely right... Now it looks like a real comeback. I also like the sunnier side of his directing carreer, although Lilya 4-Ever was also a really good movie.

Maybe I should plan my annual holiday to Sweden in the autumn of 2013 next time. :mrgreen:
sydney

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:35 am

sydney wrote:
Cheevers4ever wrote:

You're absolutely right... Now it looks like a real comeback. I also like the sunnier side of his directing carreer, although Lilya 4-Ever was also a really good movie.

Maybe I should plan my annual holiday to Sweden in the autumn of 2013 next time. :mrgreen:

I liked Lilya 4 ever(well like isn't the right word but taught it was an important work) but downbeat and grim isn't what Moodysson strong point was, it was heart. This been a coming of age basically based on his wife's teenage years, seen as she comes across like a real likeable person with a Kooky side. i can't see this film been downbeat only upbeat with the usual teen probelms but all been sorted out in the end :D .

I think we all should for 2013 cause this could be a great return to form.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Kso » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Wow, his wife is cute and she is an artist, just like me *:)* And yes, her voice almost sounds like Agnes voice.
Kso
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Go Nosydooms, GO...! 8)
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Kso wrote:Wow, his wife is cute and she is an artist, just like me *:)* And yes, her voice almost sounds like Agnes voice.

Indeed she is, lucky man. Plus She's pretty talented in her own right and has helped Lukas on a few of his films. I think also in her look and mannerisms rebecka took a few things form.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Dahls » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 pm

http://www.dfi.dk/Service/English/News-and-publications/News/October-2012/We-are-the-best!.aspx

Apparently they started filming a week ago.

The film takes place in 1982 in Stockholm and tells the story of Bobo, Klara and Hedvig: Three 12-13-year-old girls who roam the streets. Who have to take care of themselves way too early. Who heat fish fingers in the toaster when mom is at the pub. Who start a punk band without any instruments, even though everybody says that punk is dead. Who are brave and tough and strong and weak and confused and weird.

A film about being different and a tribute to friendship as the most important thing of all.

I agree with previously posts, this sound very interesting.
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:05 am

Lukas wrote:..."My goal is to make a happy film full of hope and vitality"...

Fantastic news Lukas.
I'm really looking forward to it. :Y

Thanks for the article Dahls. ^O^
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Next

Return to General