Stop press: Lukas Moodysson makes original series for HBO No

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

Stop press: Lukas Moodysson makes original series for HBO No

Postby snaps » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Stop press: Lukas Moodysson makes original series for HBO Nordic

September 19th 2017 - Original Source: Article by Karolina Fjellborg

http://tvkoll.aftonbladet.se/2017/09/stoppa-pressarna-lukas-moodysson-gor-originalserie-at-hbo-nordic/

Lukas Moodysson together with four-legged friends who apparently will be in "Gösta". Photo: Coco Moodysson.

At Last!

Today, the news broke that HBO Nordic makes its first original series - and that it is also Lukas Moodysson behind it.

Yes, but this may be all right. Just over two weeks after Netflix announced the news that they will make their first Swedish original series, HBO Nordic announces that they will also try to dig gold on Swedish soil.
HBO Nordics' initiative will also be written and directed by Lukas Moodysson - the man behind "Fucking Åmål", "Together" and "Lilja 4-ever".

The series he will do is comedy "Gösta", which is described as follows:

Gösta is a 28-year-old child psychologist who gets his first job at BUP (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Organisation) in a small town in Småland. He moves from Stockholm and hires a cabin in the middle of the forest. He wants to be the world's kindest man and help everyone he meets. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it's less good ...

"I am very happy that I will now make my own TV series. I want it to be like a mix of comedy and Dostoevsky. As fun as possible and as seriously as possible, "Moodysson said in the press release.
"Gösta" is Moodyssons first own television series (he wrote and wrote script to SVT series "The New Country", along with Peter Birro ), and it is produced by Memfis Film.

The first season of "Gösta" consists of eight episodes, all of which are directed by Moodysson.

"Gösta" is an insightful, fun, multifaceted and bitterly sweet story that has a lot to say about the time we live in, just as Lukas can tell it. I am extremely pleased to welcome Lukas and Lars to HBO Nordic, "says Hanne Palmquist , Commissioning Editor & VP Original Programming at HBO Nordic.

The series is being recorded in Småland in 2018, and the premier is expected to be 2019.
snaps
Crew Member

Re: Stop press: Lukas Moodysson makes original series for HB

Postby fish » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:54 am

Sounds promising for Lukas.
Probably one for the fluent Swedish speakers but certainly worth trying to find when it's released.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:15 am

Good for him. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby M83 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Great to see Moodysson back at work, sounds like it could be in the lighter Moodysson vein like FA, Together and We are The Best! rather then his darker work. I'm sure it get a release outside of Sweden if it's a critical and commercial hit.
M83
Gold Member

Return to General