New Moodysson Film

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

Postby kant1781 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:34 pm

sydney wrote:I heard that the Swedish version has been dubbed by Rebecka Liljeberg. This means that the voice over is Rebecka! How 'bout that. Does anyone know if this is this true?

That WOULD be something! :shock: :shock:
Where did you hear that??

I tried to find out, but couldn't find anything. All released information about Container pertains to the international version (with English voice-over by Jena Malone). In the press material for the film, the Swedish version isn't even mentioned.
(Read the press book here - it has another article on the film by Lukas himself:
http://www.trust-film.dk/download/container_pressbok_eng.pdf)

BUT - it has been anounced that there is a Swedish version as well, and as far as I know it has nowhere been said who has done the Swedish voice-over. So while there is no information confirming what you heard, neither is there anything contradicting it! (If the film gets released in Sweden, it should be easy to find out.)
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Well... I heard it via the chat yesterday... Unfortunately there was no reference to check this. I thought about it a lot today... and it could easily be a joke, because this person knows I am a fan of her. I will try to contact him again to check if it only was a joke. :oops:
sydney

Postby robinn » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:56 pm

I think you've been fooled,sydney (unfortunately)

I am somehow interested in seeing Container though it sounds like it's very unlike the films I use to go to. What about you?
robinn
Silver Member

Postby sydney » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:33 pm

robinn wrote:I think you've been fooled,sydney (unfortunately)

I was fooled... I got a reply just now. :evil: :x :N *:|* :?

robinn wrote:I am somehow interested in seeing Container though it sounds like it's very unlike the films I use to go to. What about you?

Well, I saw the fragments of the movie, thanks to Kant. If the movie continues like this and then I mean the confusing pictures and the monotome voice for 72 minutes, then I am not interested unortunately. I like art movies, but I have problems with movies that are overdone by art and where the storyline disappears completely. So, I guess I am not interested right now. But I will watch it some day, because he still is my favourite director, thanks to 3 movies he already made.
sydney

Postby Kolya » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:21 am

kant1781 wrote:[...]he even says, "I could go back and make Fucking Åmål exactly like it is again today". So hopefully, some day soon, he will.

To me this sounded more like a defensive reaction. Like: Hey, I haven't gone mad! But I wanted to do something different.
Because on every other occasion he has stressed the actor's commitment on this movie. And realistically he couldn't make Fucking Åmål exactly like it is again today because the actors aren't available / have grown older.

Actually I would really like to see "Container". The clips were haunting. I liked them.
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:45 am

Kolya wrote:And realistically he couldn't make Fucking Åmål exactly like it is again today because the actors aren't available / have grown older.

Oh well, for heaven's sake, of course not :roll: (I assume that he can't use the same film stock again as well... :wink: ) The point is: Many people seem to think that something "must have happened" to LM, that he somehow must have changed his world view completely: First, he makes these light little romantic feel-good comedies full of hope, and then, beginning with "Lilja", he starts to develop this dark, hopeless, cynical, and bleak perspective on the really ugly sides of society. And then people ask, "will he be able to return to the state of mind and to his way of making films like it was before?" And what he says is just that he doesn't have to turn back because, contrary to what people say, he has never changed. So IF he COULD do FÅ again today (which, agreed, he can't, and why should he anyway if it's already there?) he WOULD do it exactly the same way again.
(I have always argued, by the way, that FÅ, Lilja and even Hole in My Heart have a lot in common, even a common theme, despite appearances. And I should also like to see Container if there's any chance. Since Derek Jarman, no film can be so artsy as to scare me out of a cinema.)
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Kolya » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:52 pm

Well it seems we pretty much agree on this.
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby Kolya » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:02 pm

I asked Nicolai Korsgaard of http://www.trust-film.dk when "Container" would come to German Cinemas. Here's the answer I got. (We're both named Nicolai.)

Nicolai Korsgaard wrote:Hello Nicolai,

I would like to know to :) Unfortunately, the film is not yet sold to
Germany. Keep an eye on the DVD market in a couple of month, you should
be able to purchase a copy with english subtitles, the best answer I
have right now.

Yours Sincerely / Med venlig hilsen

Nicolai Korsgaard

BTW: There's a quite cool pic of Lukas on their page. :)

Oh and I managed to download the clips and the interview. If anyone's interested I'll put them up somewhere. They are about 30MB.
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:38 pm

Interesting information Kolya, thanks!
kant1781
Crew Member

Previous

Return to General