Pictures of Oksana

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Pictures of Oksana

Postby fish » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:39 am

M83 wrote:...I think it be safe to say (I could be wrong) that she hasn't come close to topping her performance in Lilya 4 Ever.

Yeah, a great dramatic performance.

Completely different to "Hipsters" though, which is more in the musical/comedy genre.
Even though it may be difficult to imagine 50's and 60's Moscow as being comedic, it's a great film and well worth finding.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:32 am

fish wrote:
M83 wrote:...I think it be safe to say (I could be wrong) that she hasn't come close to topping her performance in Lilya 4 Ever.

Yeah, a great dramatic performance.

Completely different to "Hipsters" though, which is more in the musical/comedy genre.
Even though it may be difficult to imagine 50's and 60's Moscow as being comedic, it's a great film and well worth finding.

She did a really great film before Lilya 4 Ever in 2001 called Sisters. Which was directed by Sergei Bodrov Jr, who starred with Rebecka Liljeberg in Bears Kiss. He sadly died at a early age. But Sister's is a great little Russian film.

She's sadly now typecast as the girlfriend or the girl all the guys fall for in films. Shame really as I think she's a damn fine little actress. I enjoyed Hipster's, it's definitely a crowd pleaser and a bit cheesy but fun.
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 pm

I've only seen little bits of Sisters but my impression of it is very positive.
I think it was directed by Sergey Bodrov Snr though, not Jnr.
Sadly Sergey B Jnr was killed in an avalanche while filming in the Caucasus Mountains.
His father Sergey B Snr as far as I'm aware is still making films.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:47 am

fish wrote:I've only seen little bits of Sisters but my impression of it is very positive.
I think it was directed by Sergey Bodrov Snr though, not Jnr.
Sadly Sergey B Jnr was killed in an avalanche while filming in the Caucasus Mountains.
His father Sergey B Snr as far as I'm aware is still making films.

No it was Jr, his first film getting behind a camera. He finished editing it before he died too. Which is very sad as he had two young children as well and a wife. Sister's is well worth finding it, tough mind you. I saw it on Youtube years ago with english subtitles. But Osksana gave a great performance in that.
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:45 am

M83 wrote:...No it was Jr...

My mistake. :oops:
It was Jr's first effort as an actor, writer and director all in the one film.

I must track it down one day.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:05 am

fish wrote:
M83 wrote:...No it was Jr...

My mistake. :oops:
It was Jr's first effort as an actor, writer and director all in the one film.

I must track it down one day.

No worries, indeed he was following in his dad's footsteps. Well worth checking finding if you can Fish. Jr did a great film called Brother, which a really great gritty gangster film. Avoid it's sequel it's crap. Mind you his worse film was Bear Kiss, he was miscast in it.
M83
Gold Member

Previous

Return to General