Bara Prata Lite (Talk)

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

Bara Prata Lite (Talk)

Postby mpox » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 am

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6551121kGbTfckb

(There are no subs but it's a normal .swf that you can download and then find subs for and watch it in VLC or whatever. I didn't watch that version but I have some subs I can upload to rapidshare or something if needed.)

On to the short, this is a pretty dark piece that Lukas shot a year before he did FÅ. It's the story of a retired worker who has nothing to occupy his time and nobody to talk to and the result of his increasing desperation. It reminded me a bit of L4E but I don't want to spoil the story by divulging too much.

I'm not sure if this is available anywhere else, maybe the box set? I've almost ordered that a half dozen times but keep hoping against hope that there'll be a 10 year anniversary release or something that isn't letterboxed. Anyway I just thought I'd throw it out there for people to check out since this forum was empty. :)
mpox
Gold Member

Postby 12raHraH » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:08 am

Not really a fan of this short. But it's nice to see it anyway. If you've seen Tillsamans, one can probably link this film's character with Birger, the sad guy Rolf befriends. It doesn't help also that the same actor acted in it. Hehe. And the one he killed played the hippie mother of Moon, again in Tillsamans.
Writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia
12raHraH

Postby bruno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:56 pm

the video is no longer there.
"The content for this video is no longer available"
bruno
Gold Member

Re:

Postby LaHaine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:55 am

12raHraH wrote:Not really a fan of this short. But it's nice to see it anyway. If you've seen Tillsamans, one can probably link this film's character with Birger, the sad guy Rolf befriends. It doesn't help also that the same actor acted in it. Hehe. And the one he killed played the hippie mother of Moon, again in Tillsamans.

Interesting fact about this short film, this was a part of the early script of Fucking Amal. This wasn't going to a coming of age love story but a slasher flick :o . The story of Agnes and Elin was just a sub plot instead of the whole Film. It was really about Elin and Jessica finding out that their neighbour was a serial killer. I would love to read a early draft of that script.

This is an enjoyable enough short, pretty dark compared to Moodyssons first two films.
LaHaine

Re: Re:

Postby fish » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 am

LaHaine wrote:... this was a part of the early script of Fucking Amal...

I'm glad Fucking Åmål didn't come out as a slasher flick. :shock:
Who knows how the penultimate scene would have ended. :shock: :r :T :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Re: Bara Prata Lite (Talk)

Postby snaps » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:39 pm

FUCKING ÅMÅL : THE SLASHER FLICK!
a.k.a. The Harmless Schoolgirl Killer

Who would want to kill a harmless schoolgirl? - SHE was the Killer!!! :cry:

he followed HER every order :Y as SHE poured out HER honeyed tones down the ‘phone :r :evil: he could not avert the gaze of HER mesmerising eyes :shock: he was a slave sap until death :W SHE was a woman on a mission *:)*

Who would be her next victim by proxy? :( *:|* SHE could strike anywhere :shock: International boundaries 8) mean nothing to HER. Are you feeling safe? :| :idea: Well are you punk? Mwuhhhuhhh! :twisted:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 am

Agnes the flasher. :shock:

err, sorry, that should be slasher. :twisted: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 am

snaps gets ever stranger. If that's actually possible. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Re: Re:

Postby M83 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:31 am

fish wrote:
LaHaine wrote:... this was a part of the early script of Fucking Amal...

I'm glad Fucking Åmål didn't come out as a slasher flick. :shock:
Who knows how the penultimate scene would have ended. :shock: :r :T :P :lol:

I did hear Moodysson mention it when he did a Q and A during his Hole In My Heart tour, it's on the DVD. Elin and Jessica were the main characters, and the old character from Talk was the killer and they go out to prove he's killing young women (I recently found out that Sten Ljunggren was playing the same exact character in Together that he was in Talk, He was really sweet in the film that makes the ending to Together more depressing to me now lol). As the guy below me said, Agnes was just a side character. Definitely that's the holy grail for FA fans to read those early drafts. FA went from a slasher flick to romantic teen drama. The only bits Moodysson admitted to keep in FA were the chats between Elin and Jessica early in the film.
M83
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:36 am

:lol: That's just crazy. :mrgreen:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby M83 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:25 am

Ian wrote::lol: That's just crazy. :mrgreen:

It is but damn I be so excited just to get my hands on that script. It be amazing to see how much Agnes and Elin's romance would have gotten in the script. Also just weird how you go from a serial killer script then to a teen lesbian drama/comedy, boggles the mind.
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:29 am

M83 wrote:...boggles the mind.

The story-line really travelled a long way then.
And I'm certainly glad it did. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:41 am

fish wrote:
M83 wrote:...boggles the mind.

The story-line really travelled a long way then.
And I'm certainly glad it did. *:)*

It did, but I would have loved to see how much time was given to Agnes and Elin in that script. Cause Moodysson did say the relationship was in it but not the main focus like it became in the finished film. Going from Slasher film to coming of age film shows how much work goes into draft of scripts before they come the finished article.
M83
Gold Member

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:18 pm

M83 wrote:.... Also just weird how you go from a serial killer script then to a teen lesbian drama/comedy...

sometimes it is not the mind but the money that changes these scripts. :roll:
Santi
Crew Member

Return to General