question about the bride/motorway

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: question about the bridge/motorway

Postby Larsen » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:16 pm

snaps wrote:
triddy wrote::lol:

what the heck, it's a kickass movie and it will stay so for the next century or so.

Well kick my ass for a start! :lol: The Bible's been around for a coupla thousand years but it's still got some good kickass stories in there. :D

I think everyone's reaction to FA is slightly different. I have found reactions among my friends vary a lot. Samuel Johnson (an English writer, from centuries ago) wrote ''He who is tired of London, is tired of life''

I get a similar buzz, even now off FA. I use it as a ''litmus test'' with people I know and get introduced to. Their reactions tell me a lot. Either people see some part of themselves in there somewhere, and it isn't necessarily about the sexuality. It's just a confirmation that there is still a pulse beating, and a desire to believe that you don't have to settle for acceptance/ ''being content'' when there is a whole wild world outthere to be explored, or else people are doomily resigned to their fate.

I know the kinda people I gravitate towards :D

Actually I don't know anyone who reacted negatively to FA. Everyone I know who has seen the film was impressed by it.

BTW: I found this "litmus"-thing funny. We call it Lackmus. It never worked in chemistry.
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Re: question about the bride/motorway

Postby fish » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 am

Larsen wrote:...Ever seen "Aguirre" or "Fitzcaraldo" or any other film starring Kinski (also the bad ones)? Watching this mad man in Aguirre for the first time made me realize what "acting" actually can mean and do to people who watch the actor. Anyway, Rebecka and Alexandra are absolutely great in FA, that's for sure.

I confess that I've never seen Kinski in any film, although he certainly has had an extensive career, and I am willing to concede there have been many fine performances by actors over time.

I guess it's just a subjective viewpoint, an argument which cannot be won, but it is my viewpoint and I'll stick to it. I will however do a bit more research on "Aguirre" and if it seems to my taste I'll see if I can find a copy.
He will have a hard job being cuter than Alex or Rebecka though. :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Larsen » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:19 pm

fish wrote:
Larsen wrote:...Ever seen "Aguirre" or "Fitzcaraldo" or any other film starring Kinski (also the bad ones)? Watching this mad man in Aguirre for the first time made me realize what "acting" actually can mean and do to people who watch the actor. Anyway, Rebecka and Alexandra are absolutely great in FA, that's for sure.

I confess that I've never seen Kinski in any film, although he certainly has had an extensive career, and I am willing to concede there have been many fine performances by actors over time.

I guess it's just a subjective viewpoint, an argument which cannot be won, but it is my viewpoint and I'll stick to it. I will however do a bit more research on "Aguirre" and if it seems to my taste I'll see if I can find a copy.
He will have a hard job being cuter than Alex or Rebecka though. :roll: :lol:

As for being cute, I can recomend his daughter:

http://www.leninimports.com/nastassja_k ... ery_32.jpg
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby fish » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:36 am

Oh! That Kinski. :)P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Previous