A little song about FA

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

A little song about FA

Postby nickydriscoll » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:46 am

Hey everybody,

I am a newbie. Like many of the people on this forum, FA is my favorite movie of all time. Every time I watch it I am blown away by the subtly and empathy that Moodysson used to tell the story. Every character felt so real, and Agnes is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Anyway, since I am an (amateur) musician, I thought it would be fun to write a song about the movie. I decided to write a song about Agnes’ party at the beginning of the movie because that scene breaks my heart every time. Fortunately, we know the story eventually has a happy ending! I thought some of you guys might enjoy hearing the song.

WARNING – Since I was writing about the beginning of the birthday scene, Elin doesn’t make an appearance in the song. Sorry! I know that’s a bummer. Perhaps someday I will write a happier song about the second half of the movie. (This current song is pretty depressing. Especially for people who haven’t seen the movie)

Also, my music is pretty lo-fi. Please excuse the production values.

Here is my website where the song (To Agnes..) is featured – http://www.myspace.com/nickydriscoll I hope you guys like it. Have a great day!
nickydriscoll

Re: A little song about FA

Postby fish » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:22 am

Welcome aboard Nicky.

That's a sad little song but it makes for very enjoyable listening.
With the right clips from the film it would be visually enjoyable too. Have you thought about anything like that?

Again, welcome to this site and best wishes to you and The Poseurs for your future ambitions.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:24 am

Welcome aboard, Nicky!

I will listen to your song when I have the chance, promise! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby LifeIsBeautiful » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:55 am

Just listened to your song... Its really, really good. Not just from a FA fan, but in general as a music lover. You should make it a little longer and try to push it to an indie radio station!
LifeIsBeautiful

Postby triddy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:17 pm

That's really beautiful! Well done! It makes me so happy that the film inspires people in this kind of way *:)* that i'm not the only one who wants to sing a comforting song to agnes :D and yeah, do write a happier song celebrating their love or something as well, cause thats also what the film is about! We wanna hear it! You are obviously the man for the job :D
triddy
Gold Member

Postby nickydriscoll » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:35 am

This has to be one of the nicest forums I have ever seen :)

fish - Hmmm... I never considered making a video out of it. I don't think I have the right software, but if I figure out how to do it, I will definitely give it a shot. Thanks for your kind words and your suggestion!

LifeIsBeautiful - I might make an expanded version for an upcoming tour that my friends are doing. If it works out, I will try to record it and let ya know. Thanks so much for your compliment.

codyw1 - I appreciate the welcome. Hope you dig the tune!

triddy - You are very kind. Yeah, FA is definitely an inspiring movie. I wouldn't be surprised if I wrote a few more tunes about it. Sadly, my writing process is relatively slow and sometimes the results are questionable. But, I will certainly let you know if I write a happy sequel to my song.

I'm so glad I can share this tune with some fellow FA fans. Most of my friends here in Pennsylvania haven't seen it. Thanks again for the nice comments. You guys rock :!:
nickydriscoll

Postby Ian » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am

Oh, we're a nice bunch here, Nicky. Completely insane, but very nice. :wink: :lol:

Good tune, btw, just listened to it. Told you I would eventually! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)