original (swedish) manuscript?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

original (swedish) manuscript?

Postby showmemorelove » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:24 am

hello FÅ fans *:)*
is there a link out there to the original script? i'm trying to improve my swedish and i can only find the translated script online..(which i have practically memorized :lol: ) but for learning purposes i want to have access to the swedish script too..

so can anyone help me? i'd be so grateful!
showmemorelove

Re: original (swedish) mansucript?

Postby Ian » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 am

I've no idea personally, sorry. But welcome to the forum anyway! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am

I can only recall an English version, but it stands to reason that other languages including the original Swedish, must be on the net somewhere. You probably need to be very patient while searching though and you might just find it. Good luck.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :W
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm

snaps
Crew Member

Postby triddy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:35 pm

I remember reading it on the english wikipedia page (both for show me love and fucking åmål). It's at the very bottom under "links" or something like that. However, I'm not sure that the link always works.

There might be one on Simplyscripts.com, they have quite a few non-englishspeaking movies there.
triddy
Gold Member

Postby showmemorelove » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:30 pm

thanks for the welcomes :D

i just realized that i typo'd in the title :T

snaps - only the 3rd link is working for me :(

triddy - thanks, i checked out the wikipedia page and the link is at the bottom buuut it's the same one snaps posted i believe and it doesn't work.

this is so sad. but i'll keep searching!
showmemorelove

Postby showmemorelove » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:32 pm

triddy wrote:There might be one on Simplyscripts.com, they have quite a few non-englishspeaking movies there.

i checked this site and under the updates it says that the script was added under the non english script section of the site and gives a link to it, only it's not there.. no swedish films are contrary to what is says. i guess it got deleted?
showmemorelove

Postby Ian » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 am

showmemorelove wrote:
i just realized that i typo'd in the title :T

Now that I can help with. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Re: original (swedish) manuscript?

Postby triddy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:35 pm

found it *:)*

http://fucking-amal.droopy.sk/subpages/ ... venska.htm

hope it works, it did for me anyway. There are some mistakes regarding the language though, it sometimes crosses over to norwiegan or something, and sometimes seems to not be entirely correct. But I guess that only matters if you know the dialogue in Swedish by heart :lol: But hey, it's the only version around. It's really weird that the other links aren't working anymore, I mean, why would anyone go aroung deleting scripts from eleven-year-old movies? :T
triddy
Gold Member

Postby fish » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Of course. Droopy's a member here and has heaps of stuff worth looking at.
I should have known/remembered that it would be on his site. :roll:

Nice find. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Larsen » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:21 am

triddy wrote:found it *:)*

http://fucking-amal.droopy.sk/subpages/ ... venska.htm

hope it works, it did for me anyway. There are some mistakes regarding the language though, it sometimes crosses over to norwiegan or something, and sometimes seems to not be entirely correct. But I guess that only matters if you know the dialogue in Swedish by heart :lol: But hey, it's the only version around. It's really weird that the other links aren't working anymore, I mean, why would anyone go aroung deleting scripts from eleven-year-old movies? :T

This is nice! Thank you so much. And thanks to droopy too (whoever he is).

I think that the actors improvised a bit, since many lines are different in the movie. Also, the language seems strange sometimes, as you already pointed out (e.g. huvet - huvud). Any idea why?
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby snaps » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Larsen wrote:
triddy wrote:found it *:)*

hope it works, it did for me anyway. There are some mistakes regarding the language though, it sometimes crosses over to norwiegan or something, and sometimes seems to not be entirely correct.

I think that the actors improvised a bit, since many lines are different in the movie. Also, the language seems strange sometimes, as you already pointed out (e.g. huvet - huvud). Any idea why?

I am really loving seeing the script in Swedish again. I know the story so well I even watch it with English subtitles turned OFF. It may seem daunting at first for someone English, but with a bit of basic vocabulary it is not so difficult to read. Many pronunciations are not dissimilar to Scots English/ Geordie. Main difference is emphasis. In Standard English most emphasis is on first syllable, in Swedish most emphasis is on second or last syllables.

English has a larger vocabulary because it is a confluence of two different language streams i.e. Nordic-Germanic and Franco-Latin. From Swedish you more often have to determine the precise meaning of a word from the context in which it is used.

Before the Romans, Normans, Saxons, Jutes, and Vikings invaded our sceptred isle presumably we all just used to grunt? :lol: When the invaders started shagging around, the Ancient Britions brushed up on their language skills a bit. We then went on to invade places like America, Australia and the rest of the World.

Each variant of English is peculiar but easy to work out. To speak South African English just speak Southern Counties English but imagine someone is squeezing your balls. To speak Australian English, ''Strine'', just speak Cockney (London) English but imagine you have something in your mouth :oops: errr like a golf-ball :lol: :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:43 am

Re huvet - huvud

Huvet is spoken language for huvudet = the head

If this was english it would probably be spelled huv'et
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:48 am

One of the nice things about FÅ is hearing words or phrases that are almost identical to English, like "Elin's sitting over there", etc, etc. There seem to be many shared roots in the two languages. Just the sound of Swedish I find beautiful and to identify the odd bit makes it even more so.

I'd like to say more but I appear to have a golf ball stuck in my mouth. :shock:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Larsen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:46 am

Reading at bit in the script, I stumbled upon a few strange similarities with German, that German and Danish don't share, e.g.: "duschen" (D: Dusche, DK: bruser(en), "fraaga" (D: fragen, DK: spörge), "moped", (D: the same, DK: knallert)
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)