Fav Scene

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Ikeano » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:15 pm

One of my favorite scenes is at the start of the movie. It is the scene in the school when Agnes is giving the party invitation to Viktoria and Elin comes in and hugs Jessica. The reason it is one of my favs is because of the close up shot of Agnes' face when she spots Elin. Rebecka plays the scene perfectly. The way Agnes looks away for a split second then looks back, and the little mouth movements portray more than words ever could. It is clear to see Agnes has strong feelings for Elin. :wink:
Ikeano

Postby firecausesburns » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:20 am

Mine is probably the scene where Elin and Agnes are trying to hitchhike. I love the coversation and how they're slowly becoming so much more open with each other, I love how Elin and Agnes both play a big part in getting the ride (without Elin, they wouldn't have started trying in the first place; without Agnes, they would have gone in the wrong direction), I love Agnes' quick story about why they need the ride, I love the childish excitement from both of them culminating in the kiss, and I love the "oh shit" look on their faces when they get caught.
firecausesburns

Funny

Postby Spain_1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:42 am

Hey girls and boys, are you kidding me....... :lol: ?

My favorite scene?.

It is one that begins with a girl that types at a computer, takes 90 minutes and ends with two girls drinking O'boy.

I won't accept any reduction....... :evil:
Spain_1
Faithfull Member

Tearing my heart

Postby Spain_1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:41 am

Well, if you really want to have an opinion about my favorite scenes, and tearing my heart in two pieces.......it’s so damned complicated to choose, even the simplest ones are great. Think about Elin facing Johan in the toilet, or after the tv show, how she comes back once her mind has been made up, reborn from her ashes like an “Ave Fenix” claiming revenge and ready to destroy anything on her pathway, Agnes destroying her room under the notes of the souls or Elin and Agnes connecting by their thoughts with the background of Broder Daniel.

And also and taking the risk of being called maniac or something worse, I will confess my love for the masturbation scene, it’s sweet, with her mind filled of her love, how can we imagine a teenager’s love without it?, and I’m pretty sure a lot of other people like it and say nothing.

But finally, I will have to take, and without any rational reason, completely subjective opinion, the three dialogues between the girls, and specially the two love declarations.

First one:---------you’re not like everybody else-------
Second one:------It’s true what Victoria said.......so I am------

Not forgetting that only tender gesture that we can find all over the film, when Agnes caresses Elin’s hair, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, and....., and......., and......, :wink:
Spain_1
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:06 pm

Let's close this topic. :lol: There can't be another post after the one above. _O_ :wink:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Poko Apoko » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:41 am

Like many of you it's hard for me to choose a favorite scene; I'll just add some that keep growing on me as I watch the movie over and over:

- Elin's attempt (and hesitation) to call Agnes
- Elin's picking up the phone and disapponted when she hears her sister at the other hand.
- Agnes & Elin's conversation on the bridge, that whole scene is magic.
- Elin's in Agnes' bathroom; as we realize she didn't really need to use the bathroom but wanted an excuse to be with Agnes.
- Agnes writing Elin's name on her notebook, then carefully erasing it.

and so many many many many more...
Poko Apoko

Postby Eamane_Luinwe » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:55 am

Well, I really love the film so I can't choose only one scene, but I really like when Elin and Agnes are in the car, when they wanted to go to Stockolhm and they kissed... this music, their faces, the Elin's word... everything, I started to cry like a completely fool :P
One of my favourite scenes is before the car scene, after Elin kissed Agnes and went to the party... their first conversation...
And, of course, the bathroom scene, first the dialogue between Elin and Agnes, I though that they kissed, but finally not :P and then, when they "get out"(I can't avoid to compare the bathroom with the closet :P) with Broder Daniel music and Elin said "This is my girlfriend [...] we're gonna fuck"... It was simply great...

And I could continue thinking about more scenes that I really like, but if I do it I never finished :D

Uhm... I think that I gonna see the film again xD
Eamane_Luinwe

Postby edu » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:23 pm

I don't know if I really have a favourite scene. As styvisor has said, my favourite scene is the whole movie (also spain_1), but one of the most emotional scenes for me, is a short one: When they are in the toilet and Rebecka asks Elin if she really meant what she had said. The way Rebecka looks above, as thanking God for the 'yes', just... kill me... I love that scene.

edu

Postby Mozzer » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:37 am

Kissing scene and the scene where Elin kisses Agnes for the first time at her birthday and Agnes sits on bed and the way she looks....aaaahhh and ofcourse the scene where you can see the Mozzerposter!!!
Mozzer

Postby Max Lynx » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:47 pm

My favourite scene is the Christian's Party.I think this is the best scene. :D
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

Postby Alyson » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:35 am

Nemo_Me wrote:
My third favorite scene and this is probably the best one (and sadly underrated, at least that's what I think) when Jessica tells Elin that she's never happy though she gets everything that she wants and Elin says 'what the hell do you know about that, how the hell do you know what I want

kant1781 wrote:
This scene is pure perfection

I knew i couldn´t be the only one crazy about this scene! kkkk :D
"Elin is like an angel" (quoted by kant´s essay). You can tell she´s not there, she´s floating: her voice and presence are light, her eyes are lost in the horizont - she seems calm but aware that something is about to come (a choice will have to be made) - and what she says is funny which makes you remind the "other" Elin from the beginning of the film but now she sounds SO mature. :roll:

That´s why is very hard to choose one fav scene or 2 or 10! kkkkkkk
This one was supposed to be simple...but it passes far through of it!
Alyson

Postby paniculus » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:42 pm

The best scenes are Agnes thinking of what she's gonna say to Elin.
She just looks around, seems to be far far away, then a smile appears on her face and her answer is so important for her as well as for Elin.

There are lots of scenes, written down in my mind are two: the scene in the toilette and Elin infront of Agnes window, telling her she has to go to the toilette.
paniculus

Postby SpecialNeeds » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:44 pm

when they kiss in the car its my favorite scene

certainly
my fav scene too :)
SpecialNeeds

Postby nanostuff » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

The bathroom scene. Agnes has been ignored all that time and presumably loses hope then suddenly good things happen.

Or maybe the scene when they meet on good terms for the first time in Agnes' room, lots of joy there.

Actually, my ultimate favorite part is between Agnes typing on her computer at the beginning(whoa, ancient mac batman!) and drinking chocolate milk at the end. It's a pretty long part but damn is it good.

Very powerful movie, it's been distracting me all week. This needs a research grant trying to make sense of why it's so much more captivating than any other love film. Bizarro human emotional engine.
nanostuff

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:48 am

It tends to have that effect on you, certainly for the first few weeks after a viewing!

Perhaps one of the reasons it's so powerful is that it isn't just a light and fluffy movie? It flirts with real darkness and despair, the fear of loneliness and the fear of what the cost of going after what you really want will be. That it manages to then pull the triumphant happy ending out of the hat is what makes it so then joyous, because it's EARNED that ending, as have the characters.
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)