Fav Scene

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: Fav Scene

Postby fish » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:21 am

All part of a beautiful film.

I find things like that every time I watch it. (I guess that's why I've watched it so many times. :oops: )

And you're right, Alex's was an outstanding acting performance, especially from someone so young.
Not taking anything away from Rebecka's of course, I think she played her more passive role perfectly.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Irishman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Yes, I don't mean to take away from Rebecka's performance. She has little moments like this as well - especially the scenes with her Dad. It's just easier for me to spot in Alex since her character is the one that is compelled to change.
Irishman
Faithfull Member

Postby fish » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:17 am

Irishman wrote:...especially the scenes with her Dad...

They're beautiful scenes, aren't they?

Especially lying on the lounge with Olof talking about how things will be in the future. Lovely.

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Irishman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:33 am

I also love that Moodysson made Olof (both of her parents, really) so sympathetic. Lesser films make parents to be stupid, mean, or clueless. Olof is so concerned for his daughter and is so reassuring. Also, even though Agnes cannot relate to her mother at all, it is clear that her Mom genuinely cares for her.
Irishman
Faithfull Member

Postby LaHaine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:18 am

Irishman wrote:I also love that Moodysson made Olof (both of her parents, really) so sympathetic. Lesser films make parents to be stupid, mean, or clueless. Olof is so concerned for his daughter and is so reassuring. Also, even though Agnes cannot relate to her mother at all, it is clear that her Mom genuinely cares for her.

Very touching and heartfelt scenes Irishman. speaking as a Irishman myself :D Its the character of Olof which made this film the best film on the lives of teens i've seen, a father who was sympathetic(which many fathers and parents are to their children troubles). The Mum certainly cares but i always got the feeling she was probably the Elin of her day very popular and was expecting her daughter to be the same.

The scenes that i love are the night of the party at Agnes house this is when Rebecka steals the film for me. The heartbreak on her face when she finds out Elin and Jessica played her after the kiss, the nasty side of Agnes when she abuses her so called friend, and the sheer delight to see the love of her life come back to her. Wonderful performance.
LaHaine

Postby katka » Wed May 25, 2011 12:37 am

I love all the scenes where Rebecka interesting look, her eyes are charming :roll: :T But so Alex was looking pretty well somewhere, but not so often as Rebecka. :D :wink:
katka
Crew Member

Postby katka » Wed May 25, 2011 12:41 am

LaHaine wrote:The scenes that i love are the night of the party at Agnes house this is when Rebecka steals the film for me. The heartbreak on her face when she finds out Elin and Jessica played her after the kiss, the nasty side of Agnes when she abuses her so called friend, and the sheer delight to see the love of her life come back to her. Wonderful performance.

Yes, it is - amazing scenes :)
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed May 25, 2011 9:32 am

As I've said in the past, every time I watch the film (and I've watched it many times), i find a new favourite scene, so I finally settled for the bit between Agnes typing her "wish list" and Agnes laughing while drinking O'boy with Elin.

Lovely that bit. *:)* *:)* :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:57 am

I'M in SHOCK !!! Someone placed on YT short best scene of film in CZECH LANGUAGE ! :shock: :shock: :shock: I had no idea that it was dubbed by us. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUQV8adi56U

whoooowww to je brutus, senzační, skvělé ! *:)* *:)* *:)* if I can manage it from the guy to get it all so I'll get at least 3 times in a row :T :mrgreen:
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 am

Nice find. :shock: *:)*
I love that scene too. (Who doesn't? :roll: :lol: )

Nice comments you made too. The person who put the clip on YT will appreciate it. *:)* Image
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:37 am

FA transcends language. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:30 pm

:wink: yeah an I noticed that Agnes has mad dubbing. this girl dubbed also Pipi :lol: Pipi was broadcasting at the all time of christmas time now. But I must say that translation is quite accurate. :D Also french dubb is mad. There has Agnes total mad voice. Children's up to much too. Or in italian....One which I liked it was spanish dubb. There both girl had nice voice. :)
katka
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:18 pm

He-he,"Dobrý večer" :mrgreen: It's russian dub :T
P.S.Wow! Just find this clip on your channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U62vR8GjAjY
I soooo like it,especially song,good job :D
Kso
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:04 pm

:D ''Dobrý večer'' by your it's how ? Also somehow like that not ? :roll:
thanks, when I look at it now, I'm not with it already happy, but it's probably pretty still funny. :wink: But more I like the first clip for her birth. where music by cz.band Photolab. :)
katka
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:13 pm

katka wrote::D ''Dobrý večer'' by your it's how ? Also somehow like that not ? :roll:
:)

Sounding absolutely identic :mrgreen:
Kso
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)