Fav Scene

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: Fav Scene

Postby katka » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 pm

:wink: :D my father can speak ru. and sometimes with it pretty annoying us. :mrgreen: 8)
katka
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 am

fish wrote:As I've said in the past, every time I watch the film (and I've watched it many times), i find a new favourite scene, so I finally settled for the bit between Agnes typing her "wish list" and Agnes laughing while drinking O'boy with Elin.

Lovely that bit. *:)* *:)* :roll: :lol:

It really is, isn't it? Elin's rambling explanation of her unique method for making chocolate milk is hilarious anyway, but it's the slowly spreading beaming grin on Agnes' face, and her finally bursting out laughing - for the very first time in the film - that makes it so sweet and lovely.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 am

Yes.
That's part of my favourite scene, stretching right back to the bit before the opening credits. :shock: :oops: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Casper » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 am

Hey people. Glad I found this board, first post here. Saw the movie first time a few days ago.
Favorite scene is the ending bathroom scene when they both come to terms with their relationship, when Elin completely lets her guard down. And the chocolate milk, that was a fantastic ending.
Casper

Postby fish » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Casper.
Welcome to the forum.

There are so many beautiful scenes that will start to mean more and more every time you see them. I confess to having seen the film many times and every time there still seems to be something new.
Now I just say that my favourite bit is everything between the beginning and the end. :roll: :T :lol:

Lovely to have you on board. :W
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 am

Welcome aboard Casper. :D

The ending is indeed lovely. I particularly like the contrast between the very vulnerable Elin we see confessing her feelings to Agnes, and the return of her ballsy, f***-you persona when she opens the door. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:53 am

Casper! *:)*

I think the dream sequence might be my fave scene...it's very tender, and also very sensual. I always imagine the rest of the table goggling at them enviously.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby katka » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Ian wrote:Welcome aboard Casper. :D

The ending is indeed lovely. I particularly like the contrast between the very vulnerable Elin we see confessing her feelings to Agnes, and the return of her ballsy, f***-you persona when she opens the door. :D

It's good contrast between two Elin's faces :roll: :wink: because at least that moment she had to play that one of them before will be entirely free herself. :) Scene of dream I like too, exactly how Dave writes so. My fav scene are all *:)* but most probably scenes from the beginning of the movie. The scene in the hallway, the school's dining room.
Hi Casper ! :wink:
katka
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)