Want video file w/Eng. subtitles?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby LyingLiar » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:20 pm

Hi everybody!

I've been interested in this movie for a while, but since I have no money and live in US, I had to search online to find the movie...

Anyway to the point, I found only the version of the movie without subtitles so I downloaded the subtitles and made it into the movie...so if you want this soon tell me and I will put it in my shared folder on Kazaa...

jaibesoinderock@yahoo.co.uk
LyingLiar

Postby kÅt » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:58 am

how?

plz!;) (k198x@yahoo.com)
kÅt

Postby esjen » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:00 pm

same here...

where did you find it??

i don't care about the sub-titles, i understand swedish but there's no way i can see it here in the US unless i ordered it online which i can't so yea...

don't put it on kazaa...IRC is so much better. ;)
esjen

Postby anticheerleader » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:34 am

OH MY GOSH I would love it if you put it on Kazzaa! any way let me know when you do!
anticheerleader

Postby musicluver990 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:28 am

<i>The only one I love, she was a superstar.</i>
musicluver990
Faithfull Member

Postby *blond* » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:18 am

ohh ohh!! i want it too!!
(peekaboo_hamster@hotmail.com)
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:16 pm

I downloaded it from e donkey, and if you want it i will also put it in my shared folder!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby itapa » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:39 am

***This message has been edited. Unfortunately fucking-amal.com cannot allow illegal downloading***

well, Have fun!
Last edited by itapa on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
:)
itapa

Postby joey_b » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:42 pm

I don't know if it is legal or not. But I suggest it was sended by TV so we can share a digital copy of this great movie on a regular web server. If there is somebody who has a german DivX-file of this movie (or english or swedish), I will give the webspace to do this!

If you want to, please contact me by e-mail on jbraunm@arcor.de.

:P Greetz to all FA-Fans...
Joey
joey_b

Postby itapa » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:30 pm

its not illigal by swedish law.. :P
and the tracker is in sweden... så you can download...
B)
:)
itapa

Postby freee » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:00 am

damned i ver got the movie in swedish i wanna get it in english or german or at least subtitles ! help
freee
Faithfull Member

Postby MadDoctor » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:57 pm

I have my own view of downloaded films. I downloaded "Fucking Amal" (and many other films) because it is (they are) not available at my local video rental here in Canada. I don't believe this to be illegal in the spirit of the law, though it is illegal in the letter of the law. I feel this is okay because if I like the movie, I will buy my own copy. If I don't I delete it. I do have a number of movies saved right now, either so I can watch them again before deciding on a purchase (some of these DVDs cost up to four times as much as popular titles) or because they are not available on DVD or available with english subtitles at present.

I also listen to progressive rock which is not played on the radio. I will download the albums of groups I hear about. If I like it, I buy the CD. I keep the downloaded version though, because it is often easier to listen on my computer. I believe in copywrite, but in many cases, I need to sample it before buying.

I just bought a copy of "Show Me Love" . I am now looking for someone who has "Fucking Amal" on DVD to scan the DVD insert and mail it to me. This way I can file it correctly in my DVD rack (under the Fs) with the correct title.

My email is gbeacock@yahoo.ca

Thanks.
Last edited by MadDoctor on Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadDoctor

Postby Kolya » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:21 am

There's few things more cowardly than spineless leechers whining to an indifferent online crowd about why they think it's somehow legal or morally acceptable in their special case to break the law.
So they didn't have it in your local videoshop? Well than that's okay of course ... like fuck it is. And you know it.
You really think it's up to you to decide what the spirit of intellectual property law is?
At least be an upright pirate. Try to accept that there's a tiny tiny chance of you being prosecuted for your illegal actions. Because that's what they are.
Wether you bored an internet forum with your half-assed feelings of guilt and your opportunistic ethics will interest no judge in the world. It only makes a difference to your dignity.
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby Fizzyboy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:25 pm

I originally saw this movie on TV. I thought it was excellent and wished to rewatch it. Obviously it is not a common movie so it is difficult to find.

I downloaded it off the Internet, just like most people would. I watched it a few times and still loved it, and because of that I decided to buy it.

Sure it cost me like 30 CAD +shipping/importing, but it was worthwhile to support such an excellent film.

Since I'm here I might as well ask a question that has been bugging me. Is the R1 dvd lacking any features that the R2 (original) dvd has?
Fizzyboy

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)