Help!

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: Help!

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:03 am

I don't think we do. I think the most we've ever discovered (probably lurking on YT somewhere) is a mono (and very poor) copy of Alex giving her impromptu performance on the night. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:51 pm

You can find a description of the gala night here (by oeb) which explains the finger (though not the ears).
http://oebfa.com/index.php?lang_id=en&page_id=19 (scroll down!)
I have two or three short clips of the ceremony which show Alexadra's speech (not Lucas's). Surprisingly, they seem not to be on YT. I'll post them one of the next days.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Help. You might find this link useful :T Like many of us in the past have found :P

http://www.google.co.uk/
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:35 pm

help wrote: Also, is anyone fortunate enough to have read any of his poetry or his novel? Know where I can get hold of either? Thanks.

Just feed that lil mofo into the machine and it will take you straight there :roll:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=lukas+moodysson+poetry&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Second one down. :T
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:32 am

Now, now, snaps, there's no need to be catty. Yes, we all know google, but it's not unreasonable to ask where to find things on an FA forum! This is what we're here for, for goodness sakes! Stop scaring the newbies. :roll: :T :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby help » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:14 am

snaps wrote:
help wrote: Also, is anyone fortunate enough to have read any of his poetry or his novel? Know where I can get hold of either? Thanks.

Just feed that lil mofo into the machine and it will take you straight there :roll:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=lukas+moodysson+poetry&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Second one down. :T

Jeez! I didn't realise that ONE excerpt equated to his NOVEL and a WHOLE BOOK of his poetry. Now that's compression! The man's a genius! :T I've also never used google before. I guess there's a first for everything :!:
help

Postby help » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:29 am

You're a real branding iron on the ass, snaps. A rude awakening from the FA dream. Since we're all feeling so charitable about providing helpful links, let me return the favour. Try these two:

http://www.ablemuse.com/erato/

http://www.everypoet.org/pffa/

if you are ever considering learning to write something that vaguely resembles poetry :T

Ian, your dvd was posted on Thursday. As long as the address you gave me is correct you'll get it this week.

Bye, I'm out.
help

Postby snaps » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:26 am

Oh come back help, I was just taking the p. :D People on here do that to me all the time. :)
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:13 am

Snaps is going to get a spanking. :(

help, don't run off. You just have to take a firm hand with our resident redhead. :roll: :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am

I hate politics.
It only encourages politicians. :twisted:

Sometimes in a place like this, people can be a little careless with their words. I know I have been guilty on more than one occasion.

Sometimes people take offence where none is meant. I have also found the odd comment mildly offensive.

Deep down however, I have a belief that we are all good people who only wish each other well, so when I read a comment which I feel is harsh towards someone, I think to myself, "I wish that had been phrased more carefully", but I accept that there was no malice intended, just a less than perfect use of the written word. If we could all accept this last premise then perhaps we would save some angst to our sensibilities.

It would be a shame if you left us Help. We are only a small community sharing our affections for a talented filmmaker and for various actors/directors/doctors from Sverige. You have made a great contribution to date and I'm sure we would all like you to stay.

Speech over.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby eric » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 pm

help wrote:I just saw FA for the first time about a week ago. I'd had it on my list for many years but kept putting it off. I'm kind of glad I did because I think I lucked out and saw it at exactly the right time in my life. Only, I've had a rough week! I've had sleepless nights. I see stars during the day. Stars with the faces of Elin and Agnes! It's like walking through a thick cloud all day. What can I do? Here's what has happened in the space of a week: I watched the film, I watched it again immediately after, I spent the night scouring google images and imdb, I didn't sleep, I spent the next day in a dream with the song Show Me Love on repeat, I watched the film again that night, had to take sleeping tablets, scoured the internet for a copy of FA on dvd, flew into a rage when I discovered I could only buy one titled Show Me Love, bought it anyway because I just HAD to own it (I felt like my life depended on it), now I've been exercising about two hours a day, with huge intensity, while only listening to the one song Show Me Love!, every time I think of the scene where Agnes is in her bed crying and her voice is stuck in her throat my eyes well up with tears, I have spent the week on the biggest high but now I'm starting to come down... which is difficult. I feel depressed. I feel sad to have discovered the film only now--years too late it seems. I feel like I've missed it all--again. I'm at a loss for what to do now. I haven't felt this way about a film since I saw Sister My Sister many years ago. I suppose this has happened to a few people here. How do you deal with it? I'm such a monomaniac sometimes. I can't think straight. I am usually a lot more composed and articulate, but I'm a mess at the moment. I'm 25, male, live in Australia, and am in love with Agnes to the degree that i feel like a schoolboy again. I feel like a real idiot and of course have absolutely no one to talk to about this. I'm so glad this board has survived. Thanks.

I had exactly the same experience, at the same age. Couldn't get this thing out of my head for weeks. The only other film that came close to this since then was Donny Darko. You might want to see it, if you haven't already. (Don't look up the plot or anything. It _will_ spoil the film for you. A part of its appeal is that you don't know whats going on.).
eric

Postby fish » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 am

I loved Donnie Darko. What an exceptional film.

Think it's time I watched it again. Image
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:15 pm

I think it's a pity this guy help already left the board
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 am

I agree. :(
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:54 am

It's sad to see anyone go, but unfortunately for him I think he may have to grow a thicker skin if he wants to survive in the real world.

His reaction to Snaps' comments was very malicious and quite over the top. I only hope those uncalled for, and untrue words don't dent her self confidence. I love to read her poetry and prose. I think she has a remarkable talent and I'm thankful that I'm around to see it grow. Image
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)