Help!

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: Help!

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:10 pm

fish wrote: I'm thankful . Image

Fish is thankful that Snaps and Alex are around :mrgreen:

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 pm

:o Yummy)) Snaps have red b...hair! I'm surprised))
Kso
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:58 pm

:shock: :shock: Is it only me or are there others as well wondering when we have seen the last comment from Magnus that does not come straight from the T&A department? :wink: :lol:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 am

I think Magnus actually runs that department, Dave. :roll: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 am

I'm very flattered. :oops:

One lesson I've learned for myself is self-love. :Y It goes against the grain of everything I've been taught. But to love other people you must truly love yourself. In every way. Physically, mentally, emotionally. Be forgiving of other people, but especially forgiving of yourself.

Sometimes I go into clothing store cubicles just to have a private moment with myself. To strip off and giggle and overcome the ''programmed embarassment'' of seeing yourself as nature intended. To flirt with yourself, be coy, give yourself a come-on. Tell yourself you are going to be the next Miss Sweden. Embrace the mirror, get close and lick it and taste how good you are. Breathe deep and exhale. Catch the musk scent of your own vituperous energy. See the moist pattern of your breath on the glass. Mwwwwahhhhh! Draw near, dance with your reflection. Pout and kiss yourself for being so good. Explore your own body with your hands and ripple your fingers over every inch of you.

But, hey, I guess I'm preaching to the converted. :? I mean this is like what you guys do all the time, just the same ? 8) Right? :P
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:05 am

snaps wrote:...Sometimes I go into clothing store cubicles just to have a private moment with myself. To strip off and giggle and overcome the ''programmed embarassment'' of seeing yourself as nature intended...

And don't think for a moment that us guys keeping watch on the CCTV's don't love those times too. :P :lol: :)P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 am

snaps wrote:I'm very flattered. :oops:

One lesson I've learned for myself is self-love. :Y It goes against the grain of everything I've been taught. But to love other people you must truly love yourself. In every way. Physically, mentally, emotionally. Be forgiving of other people, but especially forgiving of yourself.

Sometimes I go into clothing store cubicles just to have a private moment with myself. To strip off and giggle and overcome the ''programmed embarassment'' of seeing yourself as nature intended. To flirt with yourself, be coy, give yourself a come-on. Tell yourself you are going to be the next Miss Sweden. Embrace the mirror, get close and lick it and taste how good you are. Breathe deep and exhale. Catch the musk scent of your own vituperous energy. See the moist pattern of your breath on the glass. Mwwwwahhhhh! Draw near, dance with your reflection. Pout and kiss yourself for being so good. Explore your own body with your hands and ripple your fingers over every inch of you.

But, hey, I guess I'm preaching to the converted. :? I mean this is like what you guys do all the time, just the same ? 8) Right? :P

Have you been following me? :shock: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby ctail » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Someone way back asked for Moodysson’s Guldbagge acceptance speech with the ears and the fingers. I thought I would supply some information. You can now see part of it (and other people’s appearances on the Guldbagge awards) on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op4JiE5ukdw

I think the clip is taken from a recent tv show called Nittileaks, which showed a retrospective of each year of the 1990s.

The clip starts with Alexandra Dahlström’s speech, where she gets interrupted by the host (actor/opera singer Loa Falkman) when trying to speak about obsessions with appearance. (The reason for the interruption is not what she is saying, but that she is taking more than her allowed time slice). Then you see three cuts of Moodysson: one when the award for best script is announced, and two from his best director acceptance speech, which are actually out of sequence.

Here is a transcript of the full best director acceptance speech, first in Swedish:

Det är så att när man blir nominerad till ett sådant här pris så får man ett brev där det står att man bör hålla ett tal som är 45 till 60 sekunder långt. Men jag är så där löjligt barnslig, så nu skall jag inte hålla ett tacktal utan passa på att göra några personliga vendettor.

Jag hade i går äran att flyga i ett flygplan och satt i salongen – inte i salongen, vad heter det? i själva flygplanet – tillsammans med Harry Schein. Nu ska jag vända mig till Harry Schein personligen, jag vet inte om han är här eller om han tittar på tv. Fy, Harry Schein! Det du gjorde på flygplanet i går var fult, dumt. Man ska vara snäll mot barn, man ska inte vara elak mot barn. Okej.

Min tredje åsikt i kväll är egentligen det jag sa i mitt tal när jag fick manuspriset, nämligen att filmen borde försvinna från Operan. [Burop från publiken. Moodysson ger publiken fingret med båda händerna. Förklarar sedan:] Till er som inte höll med mig.

And here is my English translation (trying to preserve some of the awkward formulations of this semi-improvised speech):

What happens when you get nominated for an award like this is that you get a letter where it says that you should hold a speech that is 45 to 60 seconds long. But I’m so ridiculously childish, so now I’m not going to hold an acceptance speech, but take the opportunity to do some personal vendettas.

Yesterday, I had the honor to fly on a plane, and I was in the auditorium – not the auditorium, what do you say? inside the actual plane – with Harry Schein¹. Now I’m going to turn to Harry Schein personally, I don’t know if he is here or if he’s watching tv. Shame on you, Harry Schein! What you did on the plane was nasty! Bad! You should be nice to children. You should not be mean to children. Okay.

My third point of view today is really what I said in my speech when I got the script award, namely that film should get out of the Opera²! [Boos from the audience. Moodysson gives the audience the finger with both hands. Then explains:] To those of you who didn’t agree with me.

Notes:

1 Harry Schein was a famous person in the Swedish cultural elite for decades. Most relevant here is that he was the original head of the Swedish Film Institute.
2 The awards event took place at the Royal Swedish Opera, and was (as usual) a glamorous black-tie sort of event, modeled after the Oscars. Apparently, Moodysson found this inappropriate or even offensive.
ctail

Postby Ian » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:50 am

How very strange (Moodyson). Ah, I always did wonder why Alex was interrupted like that! :lol:

Welcome aboard, ctail. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 am

Welcome ctail. :W
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)