Hello to everybody ... I'm a new FA fan

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby iris » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:10 pm

Hi!
This is only to introduce myself... I saw the film some weeks ago and I cannot stop thinking about it, about Agnes, Elin and their lives... what a beautiful film!!
And I cannot stop thinking how would be my life if I were as brave as Elin, to go out and say (including the Underground song! :) "Hey!!! I am falling in love with a girl!!!!" Sure the faces around me would be similar as the Elin's mates!

Well, hope we'll see here from now on!

Iris

PD: I am from Spain, and my english is not very good, sorry for that
iris

Postby kvaks » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:20 am

Yeah, my all time favorite movie. When I first saw it at the cinema, I was so amazed that I immediately bought a ticked for the next show which started fifteen minutes later. And the next day I saw it another two times. :)

I know what you're saying about not being able to stop thinking about it. It was on my mind constantly for at least a week after first seeing it.

To me it's not about the lesbian thing (I'm not gay), it's just a very beautiful and believable love story with _real_ people. That's not something you see often in movies.
kvaks

Postby Baby blue » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:07 pm

Hey!

I saw Fucking Amal 2 days ago, for the first time, and I don't understand why i didn't see it before!! It's really so good... (but not when you haven't got a girlfriend, because the movie is all about love... haha :P

Am I the only boy who thinks this is a great movie? Cause somehow the movie is still on my mind a lot!

Greetings, a new member (from the Netherlands)

Marcel
Baby blue

Postby Everhappens » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:39 pm

I'm a 22 year old guy, and I was so moved by the film when I caught it accidentally on TV that I actually went online and found a message board for it.....I don't do that with every film.

I recently got the DVD from America because it's not here in Australia. I went out with a Swedish girl once, and even though my Swedish is terrible, I still picked up a few mistakes in the US subtitles (which you can't remove from the picture).

Can anyone tell me if the Swedish DVD comes with English Subtitles?
Everhappens

Postby Baby blue » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:04 pm

I don't know...
Damn this movie is really known all over the world I guess! :lol:

Greetings marcel
Baby blue

Postby styvisor » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:52 pm

Hello to Baby blue and Everhappens,

Welcome to Fucking Amal. Hope you enjoy visiting the site and post regularly B) You will find this site quite massive with loads of info about the film and the actresses, Rebecka and Alexandra :D

I recently got the DVD from America because it's not here in Australia. I went out with a Swedish girl once, and even though my Swedish is terrible, I still picked up a few mistakes in the US subtitles (which you can't remove from the picture).

Can anyone tell me if the Swedish DVD comes with English Subtitles

I got the American DVD and British video version of Fucking Amal, and if memory serves me correctly the sub-titles in both are pretty much the same. As to your original question though, I'm not too sure if the Swedish version comes English sub-titles. Nope, it only comes with Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish subtitles.

Am I the only boy who thinks this is a great movie? Cause somehow the movie is still on my mind a lot!

I can rememeber the first time I ever saw this film that all my insides felt really funny (like all my nerves were on tenterhooks!! I would probably even say that it was one hell of a crush) for weeks after watching the film and as soon as it had finished I got straight on the net to find out as much as I could about the film. And having bee here for a while now, it seems that the feelings that I had happen to everyone (men and women) else ;)

But anyway, enjoy the site.

Cheers and beers,

Sty
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby Die_4_Your_Love » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:18 pm

Hi...I'm not a new of FA...i saw it 3 years and i found this website recently and i love it.... i'm from canada and i speak french and when i saw fucking amal, it was in french..cool...but i'm wondering why this movies is not in english...but anyway i love that movies and i hope to see it again.
Die_4_Your_Love

Postby robinn » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:42 pm

die for your love: canada... avril lavigne!

:P
robinn
Silver Member

Postby Die_4_Your_Love » Sun May 02, 2004 10:17 am

hehehehe ;) :P
Die_4_Your_Love

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)