Swedish FA DVDs first & second release for sale?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Swedish FA DVDs first & second release for sale?

Postby Mariefrere » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 am

Hi :D

For quite a long time I have been trying to find the first or second swedish FA DVD release – without any success so far :( :cry:

http://www.showmelove.org/index.php?lan ... em_id=1276

http://www.showmelove.org/index.php?lan ... tem_id=109

Please let me know if you have still a copy of these DVDs you would like to sell me.

New or like new condition with cover. I know how rare they are, therefore I'm willing to pay quite a good price. :T

Mariefrere

Re: Swedish FA DVDs first & second release for sale?

Postby fish » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:55 am

Hi Mariefrere, welcome.

I'm surprised you can't find the DVD or the soundtrack cd at OEB's store, but if they're not there I'm sure you can find many of them on Ebay or its equivalent, depending what part of the world you're from. In the English speaking world the film is more commonly found under the name "Show Me Love", just in case you didn't know.

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Mariefrere. Welcome to the forum.
:D
I can only suggest ebay and indeed our very own Oeb's store. Good luck! *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:33 am

Mariefrere, I have the soundtrack cd and a copy of the second Swedish dvd for sale if you're interested
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Irishman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 am

Before I realized that this forum was affiliated with the Nordic DVD webshop, I ordered a copy of the second DVD from bengans.se. It was one of the only retailers that shipped to the US that I could find. I have also previously received items from bengans.se in connection with ABBA's Official Site, so I knew they were trustworthy. I just didn't want miss seeing FA in anamorphic widescreen, and I didn't suspect that Strand Releasing was planning any updated releases any time soon.

Anyway, does anyone know how I might get a copy of the FA book (the manuscript)? I have found it used on www.bokborsen.se, but I am hampered by my inability to understand Swedish without the use of Google, and I have no idea how to pay the sellers (it's not clear in the translation). Thanks.
Irishman
Faithfull Member

Postby oeb » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:31 am

So nobody wants a vintage Fucking Åmål VHS? I've got plenty in stock! ;)

The current Swedish Fucking Åmål DVD release unfortunately doesn't offer much of an upgrade in video quality from the original release apart from being anamorphic - it appears to have been made from the existing source as the earlier DVD releases and simply "zoomed up". No new high-definition master, that is. A big bonus is of course that it includes English subtitles, making it a much better choice than the U.S. release.

This screenplay book is sold by a book store and they ship internationally:
http://www.bokborsen.se/Lukas+Moodysson-bok-till-salu-17365608_1.htm
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby Irishman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 am

oeb wrote:So nobody wants a vintage Fucking Åmål VHS? I've got plenty in stock! ;)

The current Swedish Fucking Åmål DVD release unfortunately doesn't offer much of an upgrade in video quality from the original release apart from being anamorphic - it appears to have been made from the existing source as the earlier DVD releases and simply "zoomed up". No new high-definition master, that is. A big bonus is of course that it includes English subtitles, making it a much better choice than the U.S. release.

This screenplay book is sold by a book store and they ship internationally:

:lol: I actually laughed the other day when I saw a working VCR. I can't believe anyone is still using those. Anyway, I am not too bummed that it's not a new transfer for the Swedish DVD because maybe they'll save that for a Blu Ray release. I just hate having to watch an old DVD that eliminates ~30% of the available screen space.

Thanks for the link to the bookstore. I will look into that and hope I can use a credit card or PayPal.
Irishman
Faithfull Member

Postby Irishman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 pm

oeb wrote:This screenplay book is sold by a book store and they ship internationally:

Thank you, I was able to arrange a purchase from one of the sellers here.

Irishman wrote:Before I realized that this forum was affiliated with the Nordic DVD webshop, I ordered a copy of the second DVD from bengans.se. It was one of the only retailers that shipped to the US that I could find. I have also previously received items from bengans.se in connection with ABBA's Official Site, so I knew they were trustworthy. I just didn't want miss seeing FA in anamorphic widescreen, and I didn't suspect that Strand Releasing was planning any updated releases any time soon.

Scratch bengans.se off the list. They have it backordered with no estimated time to deliver. I ended up ordering from the webshop here. I can't wait.
Irishman
Faithfull Member

Postby tas13 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 pm

Hello!

Is nordicdvd.com the online shop run by oeb? I would like to buy the anamorphic DVD. I also am interested in posters, but only the one on the bridge.

I know I'm about a decade late, but still wanted to check. I am in the US.

Thanks!
tas13

Postby oeb » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:20 am

tas13 wrote:Hello!

Is nordicdvd.com the online shop run by oeb? I would like to buy the anamorphic DVD. I also am interested in posters, but only the one on the bridge.

I know I'm about a decade late, but still wanted to check. I am in the US.

Thanks!

That's right! nordicdvd.com is still online - at least for a few more months. DVD sales are not exactly booming anymore :lol: Not sure if I have an anamorphic DVD, but I certainly have several posters. Please contact me using the form on the site! :)
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby tas13 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:21 am

oeb wrote:That's right! nordicdvd.com is still online - at least for a few more months. DVD sales are not exactly booming anymore :lol: Not sure if I have an anamorphic DVD, but I certainly have several posters. Please contact me using the form on the site! :)

Great! I'm certainly interested in the posters and I sent a message through the site yesterday--hopefully you got it.

I know we're all probably waiting for the blu-ray release, but I wanted the DVD just in case there's any issues with the blu-ray. You never know these days...would probably break my heart if FÅ doesn't look immaculate.
tas13

Postby fish » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:38 am

Hi Tas. Welcome to the Forum. Hope you find enough of interest to stick around. *:)*

Hi oeb. Glad you're still around.

We've been waiting for ages for the "new enhanced HD" version to be released but sadly it seems it may never happen.

Just try to remember Ole, if there is any news of such a re-release please let us know.
I'm sure there would be sales in it. *:)*

Cheers
Fish. :W
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:11 am

Welcome aboard!

I wasn't even sure the shop was still going myself. :oops: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby tas13 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:53 am

fish wrote:We've been waiting for ages for the "new enhanced HD" version to be released but sadly it seems it may never happen.

Criterion used to have a ghost page for Moodysson before they re-designed the website and we couldn't see them anymore. I guess I have faith they'll release it...but they're very slow to get films out so it's a pretty painful wait. I'm guessing FÅ and Lilja 4-ever are ready to go as far as restoration work.

At this point, I think music rights are holding up any US release, which would make sense if they were planning to do FÅ and Lilja 4-ever, maybe even Tillsammans. I don't think Lilja has even been released in the US.

Anyway, don't want to give anyone false hope. But I don't believe it'll never come out.
tas13

Postby fish » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:47 am

tas13 wrote:...don't want to give anyone false hope...

No, I think we're all hanging in there waiting and hoping too.
One day perhaps. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)