About Alexandra

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Sanna » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:05 pm

6/26/02 8:12:52 am

I have read many threads about the possibility of Alexandra being gay and I think I may have to disappoint some of you. This is stuff I found in different interviews and I quote:

A: "It´s strange that everytime me and Rebecka have our photographs taken we always have to pretend being best friends or in love. We are not either, we don´t hang out."

I found this in another interview.

"Girls often kiss each other on parties. It is quite common when you are drunk that you kiss another girl."

This one can sound like she is gay but in Sweden everybody does that. I have kissed girlfriends when I have been drunk, sometimes for fun and sometimes just to tease the guys. Many of my male friends have even kissed each other! ;) :lol

And this one is from Aftonbladet 1 January 2001.
This is part of an answer to a question about agedifference among friends

A: "But I´m quite double I think, because I can go to fjortis-parties* and have a blast. Then I can make out with everything and everybody and kiss my girlfriend just to provoke.

BUT GIRLS OFTEN KISS BETTER THAN GUYS.

A: Yes, sometimes they do, guys have so big mouths.
And it is a good way to pick up guys. It almost became a cheap pickup-line I used
"-But I kiss guys too"
But I don´t care about having a boyfriend, it is not my first goal.

WHY DO YOU THINK GUYS ARE DISGUSTING?

A: But they are not. Not everybody. Have I said that?

YES

A: I say so many strange things and then I regret it. But I think guys in my age are very uninteresting and you can´t date older guys.

SO ALL MY FRIENDS AND OTHER OLDER GUYS WHO THINK YOU ARE WONDERFUL ARE CHANCELESS?

A: They can make out with me if they are good-looking, but maybe not get together with me."

* FJORTIS is another word of FJORTON = 14
Vara en fjortis = Be like or behave like a 14-year old
Fjortis-fest = A party with people who are only 14
Be a "fjortis" is something negative
Sanna

Postby Sanna » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:06 pm

6/26/02 8:22:36 am

This is maybe silly but I just wanted to correct something I read in another thread. Someone wrote that it was 11 years between Rebecka and her boyfriend. That is wrong. It is not 11 years, it´s 7. 8o
Sanna

Postby cecasander85 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:07 pm

6/26/02 10:25:01 pm

But still, it is quite a big difference. She could better take a boy 4 years younger then herself, like me :D
cecasander85

Postby Sanna » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:07 pm

6/27/02 2:29:28 am

Maybe it is, it pretends on how old or how mature you are.
If you are 40 and he/she is 48 it´s not a big deal, but if you are 15 and he/she is 23 it might be.
Sanna

Postby Rune » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:08 pm

6/27/02 10:52:33 am

Those quotes on their own still doesn't completely rule out the possibility that she's bisexual!! :b

(But actually... My feeling is that she's just a liberal-minded straight girl... unfortunately... :\ )
Rune

Postby Sanna » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm

6/27/02 9:59:06 pm

To Rune I guess I should have explaind it better.

I have read in different threads that some people think that Alexandra and Rebecka was a couple because in every picture, they look like they were in love and that Alexandra is gay or bi, because she has kissed girls and because Alexandra told the magazines that she believed everybody was more or less bisexual.

I believe (like PS4FA wrote) that she probably was a "crazy mixed-up kid" when she was given those interviews.
Like she said in Aftonbladet 1 Januari 2001 (last year)
"I say so many strange things I then i regret it"

If she WAS gay she COULD "come out of the closet" and tell the magazines, we swedes are very open-minded.
But she has told the magazines that she is heterosexual, so I guess she is.
Sanna

Postby Rune » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 pm

6/28/02 3:35:30 am

It's interesting that anybody could suspect they're a real couple. I only heard about the movie a few months ago and only started to look more into the background of the movie production and the actresses 2 months ago.

After only a few articles and interviews I've read I could really tell that Rebecca and Alexandra only had a sort of 'professional' relationship that pretty much ended after they finished all the publicity for the movie. I never got any impression at all that Rebecca was even remotely bi-curious. It seems that she's always maintained her heterosexuality.

Alexandra, on the other hand, seemed to be more open-minded about it. Predominately hetero, but would not completely rule out any possible bi-sexual tendency on her part. But again, my opinion is that she'll never actually get into a real romance with another woman and is just being liberal-minded.

It's funny, there's a good quote I heard... "All women are about 4 to 5 beers away from being bi-sexual."

:lol
Rune

Postby cecasander85 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:10 pm

6/29/02 7:23:48 am

It's quite funny, though. Becouse they played lesbians in a film, everybody expect them to be lesbians in real. It's just the same with people who play the 'bad guys' in films of series, most people think they are bad in real.... I think that's becouse -1- Some people are really into films and movies, and do quite little less than watching them (I know a few) and -2- The roles are played so very good, that it almost looks like it can't be artificial...
cecasander85

Postby Mind Flash 1984 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:11 pm

8/28/02 4:34:03 am)

I have read in different threads that some people think that Alexandra and Rebecka was a couple because in every picture, they look like they were in love and that Alexandra is gay or bi, because she has kissed girls and because Alexandra told the magazines that she believed everybody was more or less bisexual.

Actually, on the bisexuality thing:

The book The Joy of Sex states that at one point we all exhibit bisexual tendencies and that our sexual preference is not based on turn-ons from one gender but turn-offs from the other gender.

?erac I ekiL .drah oot yaw si ti taht si sdrawkcab gnitirw tuoba wonk I llA
Mind Flash 1984

Postby eviewu » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:12 pm

11/12/02 2:40:48 am

Who takes the helm? I found something interesting in the couple's interaction is that Elin seems to be one who calls the shot on the surface, but I notice that when Elin successfully flagged a car which would have picked them up, she hesitated a bit. Agnes is the one who rushed up making up the excuse to the driver. And the last culminatine "coming-out" scene, we've seen the confident smile on Elin's face, and the pleaing look of Agnes'; Elin is the one who bursts out "This is my new girlfriend. Move away..." However, we know that Agnes is the one who encouraged Elin, "We go out." Agnes, in fact, is the one who takes the helm when deciding things. Elin is sometimes the swashbuckler. But I just love Elin. She's a lovely kid. I love her deeply. ^_^
eviewu

Postby PS4FA » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:15 pm

1/6/03 6:48:36 pm

Your next favourite lesbian couple (or not) Well, here I am, almost on my own these days as it seems, trying to see if a little mouth-to-mouth resuscitation might work!

Over the years since FÅ was made, there have been endless discussions about Rebecka and Alexandra, and whether they are or are not lesbians. I've already been quoted in this thread so I won't go on too much, but I do believe that they got very close during the making of the film. I'm still of the opinion that they are holding hands in the "football team" photo

Last edited by PS4FA on Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4FA

Postby Boomer » Fri May 16, 2003 2:32 am

Im a boy and since my 14 years old i've kissed some guys. And why? Just because we were drunk and everyone were kissing each other already. It may sound silly but I dont believe in homossexualism, heterossexualism nor bissexualism. I mean Im not attracted to mens but I can kiss them alright just because it costs me nothing.

I dont know about other countries but here in brazil my new metals friends parties we end up with a slut bedroom where everyone make out with everyone....
Boomer

Postby prionesse » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:38 am

I would be really surprised if Rebecka and Alexandra had something going on in real life. They seem like very different people, and humans tend to gravitate toward their own kind.

Personally, I would love to get in contact with Rebecka -- she has an admirable independent streak and some unorthodox interests (e.g., computers).
prionesse

Postby anticheerleader » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:15 am

<span style='color:green'>ya i think it is wierd that people would think that they are lesbians especially with each other. i mean it was just acting they werent really into each other.... at least that is what i think</span>
anticheerleader

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)