Who's the prettiest

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Ian » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 am

Yeah, me too. I often think I tend to fall in love with a girl via her eyes! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Re: Who's the prettiest

Postby PackDude » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:21 am

MOST definitely Agnes. Not even a fair fight.
PackDude
Faithfull Member

Postby Larsen » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:57 pm

My vote goes to Agnes.

Strange thing is, I don't know why. To all Agnesians: Honestly, if you didn't know FA or if it had never been made (terrible idea, I know), if you thus had to jugde Alexandra and Rebecka (not Elin and Agnes) only by their looks, wouldn't most of you think that Alexandra was "hotter", isn't she closer to the ideal than Rebecka?

If this holds true, the question ist, what exactly ist the difference between Agnes and Rebecka - what does Agnes add to Rebecka that makes the girl so almost unbearably beautiful?
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby snaps » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:33 pm

This thread isn't gonna die the death it deserves, is it? :lol:

I know some girls have commented (where did they all go? what did you do to them :shock: ) When you are 14/15/16 years old I think it has some relevance because there is a perceived pecking order. It is even referenced in the script notes somewhere Ima sure I've seen it like Elin is the Numero Uno attractivo chica and even has Jessica ranked as fourth or some crap like that. (if that was Lukas notes I imagine he's grown up a bit since then, tcchhhhhh! O-) he was only like 28 at the time, plenty of time for growing up :Y )

If you are talking ''prettiest'' as in chocolate box picture sorta way, then it makes it difficult to separate out from the actresses. Having seen a few photos it's difficult for me cos I have a thang about girls who wear glasses :)P Guess you know where Ima coming from. In terms of attractiveness its a tough one. Obviously Rebecka had to play down. As a committed vegetarian etc you see little in the way of make-up or fashion consciousness from Agnes, whereas Elin could let rip. This is not unlike Marie the tomboy in ''Water Lilies''. When you see her picture as Pauline Acquart, the contrast is quite stunning.

This is a bit like all the Twihards and their dumb debates about ''are you Team Jacob :twisted: vs Team Edward :evil: ?" I might as well ask who would you prefer as a lay, Marcus or Johan. Personally my vote goes to Pappa Olof, but then Ima little homebreaker. :oops: :evil: :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:27 am

Larsen wrote:To all Agnesians: Honestly, if you didn't know FA or if it had never been made (terrible idea, I know), if you thus had to jugde Alexandra and Rebecka (not Elin and Agnes) only by their looks, wouldn't most of you think that Alexandra was "hotter", isn't she closer to the ideal than Rebecka?

Well, not really. But then MY ideal has always been shortarsed brunettes.

:D :wink: :P :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 am

It's bloody uncomfortable sitting on this fence, but isn't it possible that two young women are equally beautiful in different ways?
Alexandra as Elin is bold and outgoing yet has an inner vulnerability which is completely endearing. Physically, with her blonde hair, blue eyes and pretty face she would be the ideal of many people. Rebecka as Agnes on the other hand is an introverted seething mass of neuroses, basically shy and insecure it shows as another version of endearing vulnerabilty. Physically her face is as perfect as any could be, the corners of her mouth always seem ready to smile and her eyes are like deep dark pools.

I'm opting for a tie so I don't hurt their feelings. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby LifeIsBeautiful » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 am

My vote would have to go to Elin.
LifeIsBeautiful

Postby Ian » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:30 am

fish wrote:It's bloody uncomfortable sitting on this fence, but isn't it possible that two young women are equally beautiful in different ways?

Of course they are. Alex rocks, and indeed is the exception to my usual preference. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Kso » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Oh,this is a good topic. So,what's the question? Who's the prettiest? What are you talking about,anyway? Of course,Agnes.Such Girs like Elin in Moskow it is a lot of. But Agnes is something special. A dream girl. One on one million))
Kso
Crew Member

Postby Larsen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Kso wrote:Such Girs like Elin in Moskow it is a lot of.

Alexandra Dahlström has a Russian mother (Irina, i think). I have seen Alexandra in a Swedish TV-Show, where she stated herself, that she has a somewhat "slavic" look ("slavisk utseende" or so) - if I understood that correctly. She also spoke some words Russian in that show - very charming.
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby snaps » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 pm

OMFG here we go again. :shock:

On other php driven boards Ive seen there is an option somewhere for setting up a poll. I'm sure I've seen it here someplace. Can the Moderator set up a freakin poll? Let's get it out of our systems for once and fer all. Even better idea. Why not really let fly and have a ''hot or not'' competition? :roll:

Even better (or worse as Ive seen elsewhere why not pit one against the other, totally outside the film). On one recently I visited I was invited to vote for EITHER Winona Ryder OR Rebecka Liljeberg. Jeez. Give me strength. :T

Why not have a, which one do you think ''spits the best'' thread, furthest and farest ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

snaps
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)