what I didn't (or did) like about the movie

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Sphinx » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:36 pm

darkleon wrote:
MahaRishiSriSriX wrote: there#s no need for that. handicapped people are just like others, partly "bad", partly "good", in no case perfect. that're just your prejudices :angry:

exactly!

why should lukas make her looks nicer?
she's bitching around...so what?!
he cleary doesn't mean all handicapped people to be like that

same as that he surely doesn't mean all women that love women to be like agnes and elin

It's like that when you are a bit different and it's hard for people to accept you,you become hard to stand...and it was shown in the movie that scene with boys and photo at Agnes's locker and the handicapped girl...she felt rejected from the society and she felt a need of revenge....but it doesn't mean she was bad at all.I think it make sense...I'm a bit tired.... :P
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby darkleon » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:51 am

Sphinx wrote: It's like that when you are a bit different and it's hard for people to accept you,you become hard to stand...and it was shown in the movie that scene with boys and photo at Agnes's locker and the handicapped girl...she felt rejected from the society and she felt a need of revenge....but it doesn't mean she was bad at all.I think it make sense...I'm a bit tired.... :P

yes she was rejected but that's no reason to be such mean
i think a "good" character is that is good in positive("friendship" with agnes) sitiuations AND negative ones(than agnes hurts her so much)
but i think it's ok...it got clear that they don't want to be friends(agnes saying that it's no reason to be friends, just because they are both alone and virctoria than she said that she never liked agnes)
(i think agnes wasn't there to get her back, but just to say sorry because she was feeling so bad about what she said in that situation and doesn't mean it THAT hard)

sense? not for me ;-)
tired....so go to bed girl :-)
(believe me it works!)
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:54 am

i will go to bed soon...don't worry about me..and don't act like my older brother:-)
and it does make sense!!!!! B)
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby darkleon » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:34 am

Sphinx wrote: i will go to bed soon...don't worry about me..and don't act like my older brother:-)
and it does make sense!!!!! B)

hehe sorry wasn't meant like that ;-)

no!!!!!!!!!!
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby robinn » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:26 pm

Guest_simon wrote: [...]
(1) the scenes involving the two girls were powerful, why so few?
[...]

I agree that the scenes involving Rebecka and Alexandra were really, really powerful, but I think that is also because these scenes aren't used that much. The filmcrew shot a couple of scenes more with Agnes en Elin (for example the scene where Elin "uses" the bathroom at Agnes' house. I believe the script said that they'd talk more about music and stuff) , but they didn't use it because it (probably) wasn't as good as Moodyson wanted it to be. Though the actresses both did a wonderful job!
robinn
Silver Member

Postby sparkles » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:27 am

what i liked:
EVERYTHING! lol as for victoria..i didn't like her in the beggining. before anges' party. you can see the look on her face when you see her "catch" anges doodling elin's name. she is disgusted. and thats being a little harsh (gay people are just normal people). so when anges told her off (although being a bit mean, but oh well), i was smileing a bit. the wheelchair isn't even an issue. her actions are only what matters.
the party scenes are too realistic. lol been there and i swear..i knew those people. lol
btw, anyone get a lil "romeo and juliett" feeling on the balcony scene? :D
sparkles

Postby Bomberpilot » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:57 am

I can understand Victoria. What Agnes told her at her birthday was not really nice, then it's normal to be pissed off.
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby Danu » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:04 am

Jen02 wrote:2) now I'm talking about a directing mistake. After Agnes cut her wrist, she should have had a small scar on her left wrist, but I didn't see it in the scene toward the end of the movie, when Agnes was lying on her bed, showing her left wrist without any scar!

what do you think?

I think the thing whith Agnes' wrist isn't a directing mistake. Because as mentioned, a cut like that can be healed very quickly.

I was wondering that nobody talked about the scene, which for me is the only mistake, I noticed it already while seeing the film the second time or something:

When Elin kissed Agnes on her bed and then runs away to Jessica, Agnes doesn't have as much colour around her mouth as in the scene just after, when she sits left alone....

But anyway, once more. I can't get enough of the emotional scenes where Agnes lets us see into her deepest feelings - and this scene is one of my favourite ones (beside the mistake with the colour...) !!!
Danu

Postby edekon » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:01 am

Danu wrote:

But anyway, once more. I can't get enough of the emotional scenes where Agnes lets us see into her deepest feelings [/quote]
I just saw the FILM some days ago...
(i'm in the state of timelessness since...)
I only heard about it before.
(almost missed it, occassionally turned on TV that night (memorable))
Still under the effect of the movie.
(incidence, depression, warm feelings, heatwaves, (untold)....)

However, some personal perception:

I found the film spasmodic and slow in some scene.
(Or maybe i am the one who's too hectic :) )

I missed the representation of deep feeling.
(as mentioned above)

To realize I'm a lesbian (Elin)
leads me think of committing suicide at least.
The sickness of Elin can be the effect of alcohol
not the thoughts.
I miss the antecedent of the lesbian feelings of Agnes,
as we enter at the end of the story.
Agnes was so passive even in kissing scenes
despite she's been waiting for these moments
for a long time (two years ?).

Some scene has predictable prospective incidence (at least for me).

PS: Anyway got the butterflies in the stomach feeling
(I'm still shaken and in love at the same time).
edekon

Postby loveagnes » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:58 am

The whole film looks so grainy and old, even though its not that old of a film.
I love Agnes!
loveagnes

Postby sydney » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:04 pm

Lukas Moodysson shot the movie on purpose with a grainy type of film. I think that this adds an extra to the whole movie.
sydney

Postby darkleon » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:42 am

i found a small logical mistake
(well i don't care about it but nevermind)
its when elin puts the milk over jessica
and jessica:
JESSICA (shouting, not in picture): And what the hell can I wear now?

she cares about what she will wear???
she should more care about her hair
she has to wash it and dry it and school will begin soon
and the shirt she could just change it
(ok i guess she could like it quite much and stuff)
and firstly thought about that because she liked it so much
and was angry so the didn't thought about her hair..

well nevermind :-)

(nice to see the forum being quite active... :-) )
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby Nemo_Me » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:40 am

Well, when Elin is throwing up, I mean all she's been drinking that night is a little coke and a lot of white wine. Why the hell is the vomit white? And you could clearly see it was milk. Why the hell was she throwing up milk?
Nemo_Me
Faithfull Member

Postby Max Lynx » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:49 am

Although i am passionated about this movie.I think the less good scene is the ending.It could have ended with lot of other ways happier or sad.
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)