I'm in a trance!

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby ABBA » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:03 pm

6/1/02 9:27:39 pm

Since I saw FA on thursday evening on Ned 3 I have been in a trance. Luckily I recorded the broadcast so I so far has seen it over and over again like 5, 6 times now. My boyfriend likes the movie as well but he doesn't understand why I'm in such a trance......hahahah. (Well he does know I'm into girls *as well* but I think he doesn't know how FA blew me away)

Last september-october I went home (Vancouver) for my annual visit just for the film festival and good food, and I actually saw Together. I really enjoyed it, and still had not seen FA after all the rave and hype! Anyway, how many times have YOU seen it? Confess! :)
ABBA

Postby LaraCroatia 2001 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:03 pm

6/2/02 1:42:57 am

Well, I've seen it at least 60 time till now. I know I'M A FREAK! ;)
LaraCroatia 2001

Postby Arreso » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:04 pm

6/3/02 12:16:11 pm

to or at least for the larst week i was ( starting may 26 ) now im just in half trance or something like that in my trance week i have seen it 3 times ( ive had to buy it first )
Arreso

Postby PS4FA » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:05 pm

6/3/02 1:53:47 pm

How many times - well, that's difficult to work out exactly, but it must be at least 50. I keep the DVD in my notebook's DVD drive so I can watch it anywhere :)
PS4FA

Postby ABBA » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:05 pm

6/5/02 12:19:02 pm)

Well, I myself have lost track of it as of today. It has been 6 days! It's as if I'm walking in some kind of weird dream and I don't wanna wake up just yet. The more I see it the more I love Elin (oops, isn't this place pro Agnes? Sorry, hoor.). Anyway, if anyone wanna msg and talk about whatever we can ICQ :)
ABBA

Postby Dedo Mraz » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:06 pm

6/5/02 5:07:41 pm)

I have seen it 11 times till now. :)
Dedo Mraz

Postby cecasander85 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:07 pm

6/5/02 7:59:20 pm

I think everybody will fall in love with both agnes and elin directly when seing the film, somehow....
That is a great job since the watcher will really feel with the characters, and are really 'into' the film......
cecasander85

Postby Rosalind2 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:07 pm

6/5/02 11:02:17 pm

Yes I recognise the classic symptoms - initial exposure to FA followed by a very short incubation period ,after which the patient develops a burning urge to watch the film frequently;intrusive thoughts and fantasies follow with loss of appetite, aching heart and emotional lability.
Over three to four weeks the symptoms become more tolerable and sharing symptoms with groups of fellow sufferers does help.
Abba , Elin is my choice too so you're not out on a limb.

Rosalind :D
Rosalind2

Postby ABBA » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:08 pm

6/6/02 11:32:40 am

hej rosalind2, thanks for that. glad to know i'm not the only one. (my cheeks hurt from smiling for too long :)
ABBA

Postby jntra » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:08 pm

6/30/02 3:08:52 pm

Me, too! And I've watched SHOW ME LOVE for about 40 times.
jntra

Postby The1AndOnlyArthur » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:09 pm

7/1/02 3:23:50 pm

Rosalind2, I couldn't have said it better :D ...

Oww...and I watched it about 15 times now (don't know exactly) and I'm sure it will be much much more in the future :D

Edited by: The1AndOnlyArthur at: 7/1/02 3:33:52 pm
The1AndOnlyArthur

Postby The1AndOnlyArthur » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:10 pm

7/1/02 3:49:21 pm

Abba , Elin is my choice too so you're not out on a limb.

Elin's my choice too
The1AndOnlyArthur

Postby Thorkil1 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:11 pm

7/1/02 9:01:27 pm

Well I think I saw Fucking Amal about 20 times now, and I think I will see it more often in the future!
ABBA, I think Elin is the best too! :D
O ja, we had to write a string quartet as last project of the year (for those of you who don't know: I'm studying CMS - Composition, Mediaproduction and Studiotechniques - at the Noord-Nederlands Conservatoire) and one guy wrote a "Tri-tone substitute" (as he called it) with the title Agnes & Elin.
It's a modern piece where two of the strings play the part of Elin and the other two the part of Agnes. He tried to capture their relationship in music.
I will publish the composition if anyone is interrested.
(Personally, I don't like his work. If I have time during the holidays, I'm going to write my own 'Agnes & Elin' :)

Cheers,
Thorkil

PS: I'm still the same as the good old Thorkil, but EZBoard doesn't accept me anymore...:(
Thorkil1

Postby izzydomain » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:11 pm

8/5/02 4:44:47 am

I'm in a trance! When I first saw Show Me Love last year sometime I couldn't stop thinking about it and after a while I just forgot about it, but after I saw it on Thurday night I'm right back into thinking about it. I absolutley love this movie, the only problem with this movie is sub-titles I hate to read sub-titles because your eyes can't watch to things at once if your reading you can't pay attention to the movie, that's the only problem with the movie. Anyway thats all I have to say for now.

Jake
izzydomain

Postby CHESwiss » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:12 pm

8/8/02 1:36:00 pm)

yo peepz :D
------------------

I saw the movie only 1 time, i think several times watching this movie destroys it (when you know what i mean).......
isn't it?

but i will watch it next time a second time with my friends; wanna know their reactions for this movie ;-)

what about ya friends pplz?
are they saying the same as you did?

well.... P E A C E and cYa
CHESwiss

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)