I'm in a trance!

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby marjaBI » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:13 pm

Oh yes...simply astonishing...I've not used this forum before..but LesboJenny's Alexandra site has become a part of my daily life.... I've seen FÅ maybe 40 times..And I absolutely love it...it gets me everytime so emotional...it's really hard to explain...
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><b>let me take you to heaven, babe</b></span></span></span>
marjaBI

Postby sydney » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:10 pm

marjaBI wrote: Oh yes...simply astonishing...I've not used this forum before..but LesboJenny's Alexandra site has become a part of my daily life.... I've seen FÅ maybe 40 times..And I absolutely love it...it gets me everytime so emotional...it's really hard to explain...

Hi MarjaBi,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it! :)

It is idd really hard to explain what this movie does to people. Emotional yes, but it gives you also a sense of happiness, especially when Agnes and Elin really found eachother at the end. The struggle to reach eachother is the heart of the movie. I know I haven't seen FÅ for the last time. ;)
Last edited by sydney on Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby simon » Mon May 19, 2003 4:10 pm

I saw FA last week, and while not initialy blown away, I couldn't stop thinking about it all week. And after finding this site have spent much time exploring the FA world.
I just watched it again tonight, and it was even better than last time!
Some films improve with repeat viewings - and this is one of them!
Especially with the subtitling you tend to lose some of the nuance and detail. this viewing was more satisfying in that the narrative did not seem as disjointed, and although already knowing the ending it did not detract from the emotional enjoyment. :)
simon

Postby PueRiL » Mon May 19, 2003 8:23 pm

I've seen it a lot.. Don't know how many times. There was a time I knew like all the sentences in the film :D But I haven't really seen it in 2-3 years now... Maybe I'll watch it again tonight ;)
I've been asking myself why you didn't look my way...
PueRiL

Postby MSandt » Mon May 19, 2003 11:14 pm

I saw it for the first time last January - it was aired on Finnish tv. I bought the dvd in March and I have now seen it about nine times - last time was two days ago. Sometimes I'd like to see it more often - like right now - I just would like to take the dvd and put it in my PS2 and enjoy but I must try to resist its force. I have to keep brakes. So the next time I'm going to see it will be the first day of June - you see I have everything planned already ;)
MSandt
Faithfull Member

Postby marjaBI » Wed May 21, 2003 11:33 am

Sydney wrote:
Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it! :)

It is idd really hard to explain what this movie does to people. Emotional yes, but it gives you also a sense of happiness, especially when Agnes and Elin really found eachother at the end. The struggle to reach eachother is the heart of the movie. I know I haven't seen FÅ for the last time.  ;)

:lol: Well well...yeah I do enjoy the site!!!! :D

yeah it's so funny how much effect fictionmovie can have your life for real...I guess I wouldn't never admitted my real sexuality without this movie and those contacts I got in forums...but Im really glad that it happened... :D

In days like this, it's almost impossible to stay in my pants....well...Im such a horny bitch, but I can't help it hahahaa...little dreaming of Alexandra..and..yes...hmm...

See'll ya around

Mar
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><b>let me take you to heaven, babe</b></span></span></span>
marjaBI

Postby sydney » Wed May 21, 2003 6:31 pm

Hehe ;)

It is really great that this movie including the discussion around it can help people to admit to their sexuality and their believes. This movie states that it is difficult to be different, but eventually you'll be happier, if you do admit it. :)
sydney

Postby marjaBI » Wed May 21, 2003 11:27 pm

yeah...and there's also something I've never told anyone yet ;) but all in time...The movie was just "the first kick" of my search of myself...I've known my intrest for same sex so long as I can remember, but somehow, I've always just forced myself to ignore all those feelings inside...well...let's just say that Im REALLY fed up all bullshit around me, and I won't take any shit from guys, to whom Im just some bitch to fuck with. <_<

But yeah..Im really not going to back point zero, not anymore...hmm...ALL i know I love this movie from the bottom of my heart and despite the fact that's my vains are frozen....alexandra will wet my dreams in future too :P

nice site, even tough I need some time to find things....but I guess Im little bit slow...nah..Im really dumpass, when it comes to computers....

-Jävla coola tjerer-
marjaBI

Postby sydney » Wed May 21, 2003 11:45 pm

I am also fed up with the bullshit around me. <_< That is why I do not care anymore. I go my own way. I am not planning on behaving like a sheep anymore like the rest of the society. :angry: Oh well, if there were no sheep, it would be a fucked up world too ha? :D

BTW thanks for your comments on the site. What do you mean with:

even tough I need some time to find things....

Do you mean the forum or do you mean the navigation at the top of the site (index fucking-amal.com)?
sydney

Postby marjaBI » Thu May 22, 2003 7:45 am

Sydney wrote:
I am also fed up with the bullshit around me.  <_<  That is why I do not care anymore. I go my own way. I am not planning on behaving like a sheep anymore like the rest of the society.  :angry:  Oh well, if there were no sheep, it would be a fucked up world too ha?  :D

Well yeah...hehehe :rolleyes: there'll always be sheeps, yeah...spinning around, but...as I said IM so fed up..no pretending no being nice when no needed. I have given finally myself a promise to do what ever feels good...and I genually think that I'd never be happy living with a man..that's the truth and I can't deny that...I desire men of course it's not about that, but I couldn't share my life with any man. Im just going to live for myself and be more selfish than I've been..I always think too much other people's feelings and the only result with that is that I get hurt, and other people just laugh their asses out, they had their fun..Im just saying, it's about to change from now on...

BTW thanks for your comments on the site.
You're welcome!!!!!my pleasure!

What do you mean with:
even tough I need some time to find things..

Do you mean the forum or do you mean the navigation at the top of the site (index fucking-amal.com)?

yeah..I dunno if it's cuz of the colouring of the site, but it has been a little hard to find things and navigate..it take time to find stuff...but I guess that'll be just ok, when I'll get used to this :D
marjaBI

Postby sydney » Thu May 22, 2003 7:13 pm

Im just going to live for myself and be more selfish than I've been..I always think too much other people's feelings and the only result with that is that I get hurt, and other people just laugh their asses out, they had their fun..Im just saying, it's about to change from now on...

Sometimes you have to be selfish to protect yourself from other people. But I try to be social to other people who are social to me. But it is almost impossible for me to stay nice to people who interfere with my life. You'll find this more often in smaller villages. There is more freedom in large cities, like Stockholm. :rolleyes:

yeah..I dunno if it's cuz of the colouring of the site, but it has been a little hard to find things and navigate..it take time to find stuff...but I guess that'll be just ok, when I'll get used to this

Well, I see you are doing alright now :) But if you come across some specific things then you can always inform me.
sydney

Postby marjaBI » Thu May 22, 2003 8:45 pm

Well, I see you are doing alright now :) But if you come across some specific things then you can always inform me.
yep...I'll inform you for sure :D

Sometimes you have to be selfish to protect yourself from other people.

yeah! BUT I really hate that...I don't enjoy being selfish no, not at all...and If that'd be possible I wouldn't irritate anyone by being selfish bitch, but...I can't be friends with everyone..it's just something I need to accept

But I try to be social to other people who are social to me. But it is almost impossible for me to stay nice to people who interfere with my life. You'll find this more often in smaller villages. There is more freedom in large cities, like Stockholm.  :rolleyes:

Yeah me too...Im quite social person...I enjoy being with people, chatting about everything and I don't talk shit...I always mean what I say... Bigger cities biggest plus is that everyone does not know you...in these shitholes I live in everyone knows everyone and GOD I hate that from bottom of my heart!!!!
Last edited by marjaBI on Thu May 22, 2003 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marjaBI

Postby Devin » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:10 am

know what u mean CHESwhiz. But i can't help myself. I've probably seen it 10 times in 2 years. That's not bad considering i think it is the best movie of all time (by the way I work in the film industry) and i've seen ALLOT of crap out there. Can't believe everybody hasn't even heard of this movie. It's f**king BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!
Devin

Postby Devin » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:19 am

A defining moment: Elin stands on the A-Drain and argues Jessica by saying "I don't feel anything. No anal sex"- it's hilarious, serious and moving all at once
Last edited by Devin on Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devin

Postby Timbird » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:33 pm

It's absolutely true - this movie does just leave you in a trance for days. I just watched the film for the first time 2 days ago and I've watched it 3 times already. I think it sort of leaves you unsatisfied - the ending is really abrupt, and Elin and Agnes don't really seem to be that close at the end, except when they're walking out of the school.

It was a bit bizarre how I discovered it - I saw a picture and a brief summary in the TV guide, and immediately wanted to see it, for some strange reason, then I forgot about it for a while, but eventually trawled the internet to find out what it was called, and ordered it off Amazon. Kinda weird really - I was just certain I'd like it. Which I did. Naturally, having seen it, I now just want to be a lesbian.
T*m
Timbird

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)