just received this movie...

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby sabbath purr » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:55 pm

Not long ago, I ordered this movie online, and yesterday it came in the mail. I had to wait to watch it, but it was worth it. The subtitles didn't bother me at all; the acting was superb (one would never think they were even acting)! The documentary style filming made it all the more realistic. I've watched it twice already, and replayed some of my favorite scenes (the kissing scene and the coming out scene). I really should have gotten this movie sooner! I don't remember how I found out about it, but I'm very glad that I did!

I have a question. I thought that on the DVD there supposedly was the director's commentary and cut scenes, but there are only trailers to other movies, and the theatrical trailer from the movie itself. Is this only available on other language versions of the DVD? (I have the US one). Just wondering. Thanks!
sabbath purr

Postby kvaks » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:07 pm

There is a swedish commentary track by Lukas (the director) on the scandinavian release. but it's likely that there's none on the international (Lukas is not very good at English, I have heard.)
kvaks

Postby robinn » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:39 pm

just something very weird about the movie

while watching the coming out scene I found out that rebecka was looking very weird

to see what I mean:

choose scene 12 and pause it at 6.20

look at rebecka's face! does anybody knows why she's doing this?
maybe someone who think it's strange too can post a screenshot of it
robinn
Silver Member

Postby styvisor » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:23 pm

I see what you mean (I spent about 20 minutes looking at it). It looks like shes just pulling the ccorner of her lip down as I sometimes do when I'm trying to remember what to do. Also also also, if you watch when the door opens to the lavatory so Rebecka and Alexandra can face their detractors you can see Rebecka looking to her left, possibly getting some final orders on what to do before leaving with Alexandra :D
Last edited by styvisor on Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
styvisor
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)