Lets heap some praise on Mathias and Erica

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Lets heap some praise on Mathias and Erica

Postby LaHaine » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:59 pm

This is my first thread on this great forum so be gentle :wink:

As we know Alexandra and Rebecka are the stars of this great film and deserved praise go there way. But there are two actors who sadly don't get the praise that is Mathias Rust as Johan, he gives a great performance in a small part but important role and makes us actually feel for Johan, who just happy living in Amal and having a Girlfriend. Erica Carlson as Jessica she for me is every bit as good As Alexandra and Rebecka but on this forum is rarely talked about. The scenes between Elin and Jessica are great and rival anything between Agnes and Elin. I just taught why not praise Mathias and Erica's cause without them the film wouldn't be as great.
LaHaine

Re: Lets heap some praise on Mathias and Erica

Postby fish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 am

Hello LaHaine, welcome to the forum.

I agree with you about the strength of the performances by Erica Carlson as Jessica, and by Mathias Rust as Johan.

The director Lukas Moodysson did a great job in selecting his cast and in drawing excellent performances from every one of them. As with Jessica and Johan, we are remiss here in not giving more praise to the likes of Markus (RIP Stefan), Viktoria, Birgitta, Karin, Olof, Camilla, even the unlikeable Bengtsson played his part well. However, we occasionally do discuss them in the various threads, we look at their current work (if any), and try to find out where they are and what they're doing. Not always an easy task unfortunately.

For instance, Mathias is very difficult to track down due to his lack of a public life and his unfortunate sharing of a name with a young German kid who flew a light plane to Moscow and landed it on Red Square. Even Erica has very much dropped out of the public eye after acting in a few slasher films. She has even adopted the name Erki Perki on facebook to keep a low profile.

Here's her latest profile pic. Image

Anyway, welcome again.
If you feel you would like to add further to discussions about Jessica and Johan, or anything else, please feel free to open new threads or to visit some of the existing ones. Above all, have fun.

Oh, and by the way, most of us are gentle.
But I'm not saying which ones. :twisted: :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 am

Welcome to the forum! :D

Just watch out for snaps, she sometimes bites. :wink: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby LaHaine » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:08 am

fish wrote:Hello LaHaine, welcome to the forum.

I agree with you about the strength of the performances by Erica Carlson as Jessica, and by Mathias Rust as Johan.

The director Lukas Moodysson did a great job in selecting his cast and in drawing excellent performances from every one of them. As with Jessica and Johan, we are remiss here in not giving more praise to the likes of Markus (RIP Stefan), Viktoria, Birgitta, Karin, Olof, Camilla, even the unlikeable Bengtsson played his part well. However, we occasionally do discuss them in the various threads, we look at their current work (if any), and try to find out where they are and what they're doing. Not always an easy task unfortunately.

For instance, Mathias is very difficult to track down due to his lack of a public life and his unfortunate sharing of a name with a young German kid who flew a light plane to Moscow and landed it on Red Square. Even Erica has very much dropped out of the public eye after acting in a few slasher films. She has even adopted the name Erki Perki on facebook to keep a low profile.

Here's her latest profile pic. Image

Anyway, welcome again.
If you feel you would like to add further to discussions about Jessica and Johan, or anything else, please feel free to open new threads or to visit some of the existing ones. Above all, have fun.

Oh, and by the way, most of us are gentle.
But I'm not saying which ones. :twisted: :P :lol:

Thank you for the welcome guys :)

Thats great to hear that you guys discuss the supporting players cause everyone of them deserve as much praise as Alexandra and Rebecka. Its sad that Mathias hasn't gone on to great things(in the movie industry i'm sure he's having a great life) and its a downright shame Erica only did slasher films cause she's every bit as good as the leads. I be full of questions maybe i will repeat myself (sorry if i do :) ). I will keep my eyes open so just to watch out for the ones who bite :P .
LaHaine

Postby fish » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 am

LaHaine wrote:...I will keep my eyes open so just to watch out for the ones who bite :P .

Naaah!
We might "gum" a bit but we don't really bite. *:)* :P :lol:

Everything you say about the supporting cast is true, but you should understand that I'm biased. You see when I was doing a bit of research into whether I should buy this strangely named DVD this was the face in the first picture I saw.....

What hope did anyone else have? :roll: :)P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby LaHaine » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:10 pm

fish wrote:
LaHaine wrote:...I will keep my eyes open so just to watch out for the ones who bite :P .

Naaah!
We might "gum" a bit but we don't really bite. *:)* :P :lol:

Everything you say about the supporting cast is true, but you should understand that I'm biased. You see when I was doing a bit of research into whether I should buy this strangely named DVD this was the face in the first picture I saw.....

What hope did anyone else have? :roll: :)P :lol:

she stole my heart too Fish your not alone. Its sad she never went onto a Bigger career in film. Out of her and Alexandra, i taught she was the one i be seen in Hollywood films or at least having a steady film career in Sweden. But she's become a mother and she seems happy you can't knock that.
LaHaine

Postby fish » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:35 am

As long as she lets us keep our dreams alive ....

.... and never give up hope. :)P *:)* :P :lol: :T
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)