Fan Fiction

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Fan Fiction

Postby LifeIsBeautiful » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 am

Hey found something that I have been looking for for ages. A great piece of complete fan fiction.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6533927/1/Travelled_So_Far

The piece is moving and a great read. I finished it in one go. Reminded me of the first time I watched the film and wished it continued past the ending.

Hope you all love it as much as I did.
LifeIsBeautiful

Re: Fan Fiction

Postby katka » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm

wow :D as soon as I´ll have a little time, I´ll be sure to read it :D super ! I´m very happy that I can reading some fun fiction again. :)
katka
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Wow! :D This one slipped in under the gaydar. Wierd, when I know it was me set up the thread on fanfiction.net in the first place. :lol: I've only dipped my toe in so far, but whoever she is a pretty good writer. And she's finished it to the end. Some 20,000 plus words. I want to read the whole lot at one sitting when I'm in the right mind frame :T Doesn't look like she's writtten fanfic about anything elase. Why isn't she on here? :? :)P
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 am

Looking forward to reading this when I get a bit more time.
Nice find LifeIsBeautiful.
Yum. 8)

(Think I'll just call you "Life" in future, if that's OK by you. Save me getting RSI in the fingers. :P )
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 am

One for the weekend, methinks.

It better have a happy ending, though. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks again for the link Life.

What a thoroughly enjoyable FanFic. I loved it from start to finish. :D

Now, if only we can convince Lukas to re-release FÅ with this added on as a bonus. *:)* *:)* :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:09 pm

I thought it would end badly, but once I read the first sentence of the last tenth part (bell met :D ) so it was clear to me that it finally ends well :D . Just seems to me the ending a little accelerated. I do not know if I have everything properly understood, but I think maybe so :roll: . I think it is written very nicely, I'd imagined all live. Even if it was a lot of moments when it has seemed to finally converge again (kiss, etc.), eventually it broke and I was nervous until the end, where it then the last scene written rescued. If it was filmed, it certainly worked out well, also if there would have delivered the most Agnes flashbacks from the past (what has not in the original) Nice fiction. *:)* :D
katka
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:41 am

Read it this morning. I'm always a bit wary of fan fiction, but I thought it was excellent. Been thinking about it all day, actually, so LifeisBeautiful is right about it having a similar effect to the movie, which is the highest compliment you could give it, really.

I agree with katka that their final reconciliation could have gone on a bit longer, but it was very beautifully poetic for it to be discovery of Elin's O'Boy stash to finally inspire Agnes to throw all caution to the wind. :oops: :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 pm

I've been doing a little more digging. ''Ridiculous Mavis'' the author is actually ''Fran'' who used to be active in FA circles. You can still find her old website (last posting circa August 2002): It's a good website, mostly intact, includes a copy of the script in English. She still seems to be active in writing activities.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021020042600/http://www.eratosthenese.com/showmelove/index.html
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:10 am

Ian wrote:Read it this morning. I'm always a bit wary of fan fiction,

Goodness me, how things can change in just 5 months! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Cheevers4ever » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am

Ian wrote:Read it this morning. I'm always a bit wary of fan fiction, but I thought it was excellent. Been thinking about it all day, actually, so LifeisBeautiful is right about it having a similar effect to the movie, which is the highest compliment you could give it, really.

I agree with katka that their final reconciliation could have gone on a bit longer, but it was very beautifully poetic for it to be discovery of Elin's O'Boy stash to finally inspire Agnes to throw all caution to the wind. :oops: :D

It has a feel of been a real sequel to Fucking Amal cause it comes across like something you'd expect Lukas Moodysson to have written. I do think the ending is a bit rushed and the girlfriend of Agnes wasn't really needed to be honest, i think Elin been scared of jumping into a reltionship with Agnes after been broken hearted before would have been fine. Plus i don't think it goes into why Agnes never replied to Elin when she went to Universaity.I think this is the closet fan fiction to the feel of the film i've read yet as it comes off feeling real and honest. I liked that Agnes broke Elin heart which was a nice twist on the story as we see in the film that Agnes was the one who wanted Elin so bad. Top work and really enjoyable.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Hermes3G » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

I’ve seen this, but I assumed everyone knew about it. The author is especially good at writing dialogue. Hopefully, she's written and will continue to write more fiction. She's got the gift.
Hermes3G
Silver Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Hermes3G wrote:I’ve seen this, but I assumed everyone knew about it. The author is especially good at writing dialogue. Hopefully, she's written and will continue to write more fiction. She's got the gift.

I'm really shocked it wasn't one of the more sort after Fucking Amal fan fictions.Her story is believeable as is her dialouge which is really sweet and natural plus its a believeable sequel, just straight into the story and the change in Elin is perfect as you feel she's lived a life and has grown up, the ending is every bit as sweet as the film but i just feel another chapter wouldn't have goe amiss. I love the fan fiction but sometimes some tend to go a little over the top (i'm included in that) and the best fan fiction is a simple story with no over dramatic plots.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Have you read mine yet, Cheev? :oops:
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm

DMt. wrote:Have you read mine yet, Cheev? :oops:

No i haven't i would love too is it in fan fiction?? :)
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)