Fan Fiction Help

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Fan Fiction Help

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:03 am

A friend of mine has been writing an SML fan fiction for a few years now (she wants to get it just right) and she asked me if I would post here and ask your thoughts and opinions on a few things related to characters reactions and handling of situations. If you could help, my friend would appreciate it very much! She'd asked mine already, but wanted more.

As far as the story is concerned, Agnes and Elin have decided to be a couple and are in love with each other.

1. In the film: as we know, Karin read what Agnes typed in her journal on her computer.

In the story: Agnes and Elin tell Karin, Olof and Birgitta (all being in the same room) that they are a couple. How do you think they'd each react to the news? How would Jessica react when she found out? How would they all handle the situation?

2. Agnes collapses and is unconcious in the hospital. What would Elin be thinking? Since in this fan fic, she's in love with Agnes. What would Karin be thinking? How would both handle the situation?

Thanks so much if you can help! :D
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Re: Fan Fiction Help

Postby fish » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 am

Rebecka Fan wrote:... How would they all handle the situation?...

My own view is that it would be fairly stereotypical if any or all of the parents/siblings had negative reactions which would make the FanFic like so many others. I'm wondering if there's a way to bring love and support for the girls into the storyline while still keeping a dramatic element.

After all, it's not impossible to fully support a son/daughter in the choices they make after coming out.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:19 am

I actually think that Agnes' mum and dad and Elin's mother would be supportive (though Agnes' mum might take a little while to completely come around).

I reckon Jessica might be more likely to be someone who'd have an attitude problem about it, and dislike and disapprove of Agnes, but that's just my opinion. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Whereas that I writing unfinished fun fiction from Kyle, but concerns that happens five years later, so there has to solve other problems, I got this question also still very interested. I've read a few fun sequel, of how it could immediately after the final scene in the Elin's room continue. And I must say that I did not like especialy any one idea. I would not particularly not dramatized in terms of conflict at home with Elin and Agnes and their parents. I left it in the lineage as it has Lukas. So parents not to include into the action much too, even if the mystery of the girls disclosed. Perhaps such Brigita or Olof still not really know about it. Jessica also not even know that it is clear, but she would be know it from fellow students later that day. It would not solve much too. Such a meeting, the family, '' what do with it ? '' would be too unnecessarily chatty - describing.
katka
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Thank you for all of your input. I'll send it to her right away. She told me that she wanted to make sure that the characters have some familiar elements to them and that they don't stray to far from what we know.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)