best movie ever

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby hivesfan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:52 pm

<a href='mailto:vyent@hotmail.com'>vyent@hotmail.com</a>One night i was sitting on my couch. There was nothing on tv so i wanted to turn it off when a trailer of fucking amal came on. And it was going to be on tv in ten minutes!! I stayed on that same spot of my couch throughout the movie. This movie's real good and the actresses too. That was like 3 years ago and then I thought of the film yesterday so I logged onto this website. Now I'm finding out that there are still people talking about it so thats pretty cool.
Oh by the way, if anyone reads this, who thinks there should be a Fuckin Amal 2? I don't really think so unless it's going to be a very good script. Oh well...I have to pee now. Goodbye

Love, a hivesfan from holland :)
hivesfan

Postby kvaks » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:02 pm

Best movie ever, yes. :)

I don't think there should be a follow-up movie, and don't think there will be. Alltough I'm curious as to what happened with Agnes and Elin, I still think the sort of semi-open ending is perfect.
kvaks

Postby styvisor » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:36 am

I don't think there should be a follow-up movie, and don't think there will be. Alltough I'm curious as to what happened with Agnes and Elin, I still think the sort of semi-open ending is perfect.

I totally agree with you kvaks. Why spoil a perfect film with a sequel which could undoubtedly ruin the legacy of the original.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:42 pm

I also think that a sequel is not a good idea. It is too late now. If Lukas intended a sequel he should have done it earlier, because you can only shoot the second part with the same actors and they still have to be young and in their teens. Now all actors are in their twenties. I can't imagine a Fucking Åmål 2 with other actors then in Fucking Åmål 1, because Rebecka and Alexandra are Fucking Åmål. Well that's my humble opinion. :rolleyes:
sydney

Postby Dori » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:28 am

Fucking Åmål is one of the best movies I've ever seen and I have seen a lot of movies. It has everything I stand for in it and the script is awesome. Not a single boring part in the whole film.

And no, I don't think they should ever do part2 of it. That sort of thing would kill the first one, and they maybe wouldn't be ale to do the second one as good. So yeah.

By the way loooong time I haven't been here.. This place has changed better, yayies :D
Dori

Postby Obi-San » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:35 am

Yes, u have right. This is the best love-story film. Who have this on DVD?

Fucking Amal 4 ever
Obi-San

Postby oszczakiewicz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:41 pm

Sequel=bad idea
but we all want more,i`d like to see sequel but I also think that could destroy first movie.

This movie is wonderful!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby lady_young » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:51 pm

Oh... can I say something?

First - I watched this film few hours ago and I think that almost everything was great. Almost? Yes - script, dialogs, play. BUT... cinematography (Ulf Brantas) and cut (Michal Leszczylowsky, Bernhard Winkler) were... not very good. And the music was badly selected...

However I like this film. I really like this film. And the most I like Alexandra Dahlström.... yeah... she's very nice! She's very, very nice... She's very, very, very, very... etc. ;)

:P:P:P

p.s. Poland roxxx! :D
lady_young

Postby kvaks » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:36 pm

Much of the music is very typical of what would be popular among scandinavian teenagers (at least in 1998). I'm not surprised that some of the typical scandinavian trademarks of the movie don't translate as well to people in other countries.

Re the cinematography, I remember the first time I saw the movie. In the first scene (O'boy quarrel) the image was just incredibly grainy and the camerawork was all over the place. I remember thinking "what the fxck is this??" hhaha... But overall I think the cinematography works very well. In fact it's deliberately made this way. This is not the movie for pompus scenery footage etc..
kvaks

Postby lady_young » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:49 pm

Maybe you're right...? it's fault of Darren Aronofsky and his "Requiem for a dream". Also "Pi" was great :P:P:P
Last edited by lady_young on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lady_young

Postby oszczakiewicz » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:22 am

Music was great,in last scene when girls are leaving school together music by Daniel Broder tottaly rocks!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby lady_young » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:33 pm

Hmmm... I don't agree with you... hey! It's stupid! Why I'm writing it in english?

Wiesz, mo¿e i muzyka by³a fajna, ale jak dla mnie powinno byæ coœ innego. W ogóle muzyka by³a taka... strasznie m³odzie¿owa.... Poza tym kilka rzeczy mi siê nie podoba³o, ale ogólnie film œwietny. Nie wiem, czemu masz tak¹ obsesjê na punkcie Agnes, wed³ug mnie Elin jest o wiele ³adniejsza i - najwa¿niejsze - ju¿ w wieku 14 lat wygl¹da zabójczo. Ale teraz? Z t¹ grzywk¹? No way! Mimo wszystko i tak zaczynam siê szwedzkiego uczyæ :D
lady_young

Postby sydney » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:22 am

lady_young wrote: hey! It's stupid! Why I'm writing it in english?

Because this is an english language forum, and other people would also like to know what other people are saying. :rolleyes:
Last edited by sydney on Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby oszczakiewicz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:21 am

Kurcze LADY YOUNG,te¿ ostatnio zastanawia³em siê czy nie zacz¹æ siê uczyæ szwedzkiego. Co mi siê tak podoba w Agnes? Oczy(She has wonderful eyes),oczy,oczy...to mnie najbardziej poci¹ga u kobiet. Rebecca poprostu ma cudowne oczy mug³bym patrzyc siê na nie godzinami np. ten obrazek u góry stronki,powalaj¹cy. Alexandra lepiej wygl¹da w normalnym zyciu a grzywka jest spoko! Muza by³a idealna,film o m³odzie¿y wiêc muza musia³a byæ taka.

PS Szkoda,ze w filmie dziewczyny przebywa³y razem na ekranie tak rzadko!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:29 am

I answered LADY YOUNG that thing that is most important to me in woman physic are eyes(sory for my english) and Rebecca has the most beautiful eyes in the world. I can staring at her eyes all day! I also wrote that i`m thinking about starting to learn swedish,music was great and that i prefer Alexandra real life look than FA look.

PS In this place i had wrote that girls was together on screen rarely and that was bad!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)