Favourite Broder Daniel song? *POLL*

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Favourite Broder Daniel song? *POLL*

I'll Be Gone
32%
Whirlwind
42%
Underground
21%
Hospital
No votes
Sorrow
No votes
No Time for Us
No votes
Shoreline
5%
What Clowns Are We
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: Favourite Broder Daniel song? *POLL*

Postby Dahls » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:35 am

They werent exactly unknown, had a few albums out and such, but the film certantly skyrocketed their career to a great extent.
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:31 pm

None of the songs in the film, either from DB or any others were specially written for the film.

So Whirlwind from BD that we associate so much with FÅ was already written long before the film.

This is interesting to note I think.

Moodysson really had an ear for what would be suitable music in the film.

And FÅ meant a breakthrough to a much bigger audience for BD as Dahls said.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby katka » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Also Drifter was already in 1995 :) In any event, it was very interesting to find what music of teenagers was at that time popular in Sweden. :)
katka
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:None of the songs in the film, either from DB or any others were specially written for the film.

So Whirlwind from BD that we associate so much with FÅ was already written long before the film.

This is interesting to note I think.

Moodysson really had an ear for what would be suitable music in the film.

And FÅ meant a breakthrough to a much bigger audience for BD as Dahls said.

Also Moodysson wanted to use The Smiths and Morrissey solo material for the film, Marr (guitarist and co songwriter of the smiths said yes, Morrissey said no to both the smiths material and his solo music). So I say Broder Daniel were happy he said no.

I have to say i really liked a lot of Broder Daniel music from what was on youtube. The three chosen songs were the most commercial cause a lot of the stuff is pretty heavy.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 pm

katka wrote:Also Drifter was already in 1995 :) In any event, it was very interesting to find what music of teenagers was at that time popular in Sweden. :)

Apart from the Broder Daniel stuff, I was never a fan of a lot of the music used in the film. I remember reading on here about a play version in germany that used music such as The strokes coldplay and the sugarbabes, i know these bands came out after Fucking Amal but this film was made around the Britpop/Dance crazy and could have picked better soundtrack, but thats just me nitpicking as usual :D
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:29 pm

I think some of the music Moodysson wanted to use was too expensive also.

That's why he ended up with BD and a lot of other fairly unknown bands.

The BD songs were excellent for the film though, so no loss there I think.

"Drifter" is likewise great for the films intro.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Cheevers4ever wrote:
Also Moodysson wanted to use The Smiths and Morrissey solo material for the film, Marr (guitarist and co songwriter of the smiths said yes, Morrissey said no to both the smiths material and his solo music). So I say Broder Daniel were happy he said no.

Just as a side-note. John Ajvide Lindqvist (like Moodysson, a big fan of The Smiths) had to substantially re-write sections of his third novel (in English) 'Harbour' to remove quotes from songs by the Smiths under pain of huge financial penalties, to the point where parts of it don't make sense.

So, Morrissey, like Agnes, just because you are a vegetarian doesn''t mean you are not a jävla fitta.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 am

snaps wrote:
Cheevers4ever wrote:

Just as a side-note. John Ajvide Lindqvist (like Moodysson, a big fan of The Smiths) had to substantially re-write sections of his third novel (in English) 'Harbour' to remove quotes from songs by the Smiths under pain of huge financial penalties, to the point where parts of it don't make sense.

So, Morrissey, like Agnes, just because you are a vegetarian doesn''t mean you are not a jävla fitta.

But it seems with most British films he's happy to clear his material and some aren't as good as Fucking Amal. But i suppose its the money they pay sadly.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:03 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:I think some of the music Moodysson wanted to use was too expensive also.

That's why he ended up with BD and a lot of other fairly unknown bands.

The BD songs were excellent for the film though, so no loss there I think.

"Drifter" is likewise great for the films intro.

i think most of the soundtrack used is perfect some of it has aged the film especially the dance music stuff. Broder Daniel songs are the stand outs by a mile.

I know robyn's show me love is a nice ending to the film but a song she did called With Every heartbeat would have been a perfect song for Fucking amal pity it was written 11 years later :D
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby katka » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:54 am

Cheevers4ever wrote: With Every heartbeat would have been a perfect song for Fucking amal pity it was written 11 years later :D

I like more Show me love, I can't imagine the film without this song, simply belongs to it. But WEH is also nice song, but I feel of it that is a little more modern for FA. BTW, With Every Hearthbeat was already in 2005
katka
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 pm

katka wrote:
Cheevers4ever wrote: With Every heartbeat would have been a perfect song for Fucking amal pity it was written 11 years later :D

I like more Show me love, I can't imagine the film without this song, simply belongs to it. But WEH is also nice song, but I feel of it that is a little more modern for FA. BTW, With Every Hearthbeat was already in 2005

it was released in Ireland until 2009 Katka :)
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby katka » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:18 pm

Cheevers4ever wrote:
katka wrote:

it was released in Ireland until 2009 Katka :)

well I read somewhere that it was that. But on YT channel has that the ballad "With Every Heartbeat" really reestablished Robyn in the U.K in 2007. :roll:
katka
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)