Alexandra and Rebecka - will they be forever known for F.A?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Alexandra and Rebecka - will they be forever known for F.A?

Postby Cheevers4ever » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 pm

I would like to know from any Swedish forum members are they still famous in Sweden? Would they still be stopped on the streets or be on Tv talk shows or Magazine Covers now?

I know alexandra keeps herself busy by directing shirt films, DJ'ing, Acting in small films or acting on stage. She's a working Actress but lets be fair (i know she has some die hards fans here :wink: ) She's not exactly a superstar or even a big name in Sweden going by the work she gets. She even starred in some Dutch soap. Do Sweden not have soaps on TV. Its sad really she hasn't build on her amazing performance in Fucking amal, I've seen her in other film roles but nothing really stands out as they are very under written roles.

Rebecka has gone to be what she wanted ,a doctor. So she's been a succes.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Re: Alexandra and Rebecka - will they be forever known for F

Postby DMt. » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Happiness is my definition of success. If you can do what you love doing, and make enough to keep body and soul together, you're already a success, whatever the wage-slaves tell you...and both Rebecka and Alexandra look happy enough to me. It does seem a shame that Alex hasn't [yet?] found a role that fits her as well as 'Elin' did; but anyone will tell you, acting's a bitch.

When you look at the human cost of global fame, it starts to seem more than a bit like a Devil's bargain. Perhaps we [and they?] should be glad they're not better-known!
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 am

Well yes they will, but that's alright. I don't see why Alex has any cause to worry; she may not have achieved any great international success after FA, but she never seems to stop working! She's been in loads of movies the last few years (most of which we can never get access to over here). Her career seems in pretty good shape to me. For all we know, she may not want to go the Hollywood route; she seems to have a pretty good life and lots of friends (and a steady boyfriend) where she is. :D

And Rebecka never really cared about acting all that much then, so I'm sure she's very happy with her success in other areas. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 pm

They are not exactly big celebrities, but they've been occasionally in magazines, although not on the covers I think, and occasionally in radio/television.

Alexandra hasn't been in any big film productions, but she's found acting work here and there in the last few years, before this she was away from Sweden, living in Italy for several years.

Rebecka finished her studies to become a doctor not so long ago.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:They are not exactly big celebrities, but they've been occasionally in magazines, although not on the covers I think, and occasionally in radio/television.

Alexandra hasn't been in any big film productions, but she's found acting work here and there in the last few years, before this she was away from Sweden, living in Italy for several years.

Rebecka finished her studies to become a doctor not so long ago.

Its not really like in Ireland, where a Actor (more likely sadly then an actress) has a break out role in a irish film or even British film goes on to major success with Hollywood directors. People like Micheal Fassbender, Colin Farrell, Cillian murphy, Brendan gleeson etc.. have gone on to major awards and commercial success.

it seems in Sweden, they haven't much choice for good roles or a good living on tv drama. I always feel if fucking amal was made in a English speaking country, shot the same way, Rebecka and alexandra would have got better chances of a bigger career.

But Rebecka is happy and i'm sure is doing a wonderful job. As its a great job to have. Alexandra I just feel could and should have been at least on a Great Swedish tv show or doing more film work with top Swedish directors. She's an attractive woman, i think she's aged wonderfully. Possibly i think as Ian said i just think she rather hang out with friends and pay the bills with lower budget work. Making an odd short film here and there and going out with her boyfriend Clubbing. She's comfortable basically.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)