Has anybody ever met anybody from the film before?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: Has anybody ever met anybody from the film before?

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:35 pm

katka wrote:
Ian wrote:I'd be so terrified of making a twat of myself I'd probably dare not say anything. :lol:

We have the same, but with my poor English, it would didn't even enough good possible. But if Bex would want to turn trip to our country and I would met her somewhere by the Cathedral in Prague as a tourist with a camera, so I probably a moment hesitated than I would gathered courage, but ultimately I would wanted ​​at least a photo with her when it would wasn't equal the entire interview. :lol:

For me i wouldn't be as crazy to meet Bex or any member of the cast now. Back when i first saw the film many many years ago i would have reacted just like you Katka. Now i'm pretty much not bothered seen as Fucking Amal hasn't the same feelings for me like it did back in my late teens early 20's.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby katka » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Cheevers4ever wrote:
katka wrote:
Ian wrote:I'd be so terrified of making a twat of myself I'd probably dare not say anything. :lol:

We have the same, but with my poor English, it would didn't even enough good possible. But if Bex would want to turn trip to our country and I would met her somewhere by the Cathedral in Prague as a tourist with a camera, so I probably a moment hesitated than I would gathered courage, but ultimately I would wanted ​​at least a photo with her when it would wasn't equal the entire interview. :lol:

For me i wouldn't be as crazy to meet Bex or any member of the cast now. Back when i first saw the film many many years ago i would have reacted just like you Katka. Now i'm pretty much not bothered seen as Fucking Amal hasn't the same feelings for me like it did back in my late teens early 20's.

Clearly, it is natural. Who knows how I'll write that after ten years, right? When will the end of this obsession so I'll probably quieter and as neutral as you. :roll:
katka
Crew Member

Postby Hermes3G » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:21 am

Cheevers4ever wrote:...I'm in love with their characters rather then them, i know that sounds wierd...

I know exactly what you mean, Cheeves. This might sound like heresy to some, but I have almost no interest in Bex and Lex themselves (well, maybe Bex :) ) and have yet to see any of their other work. I guess I'll get around to it eventually, but I have no strong desire to. Like you say, it's the story and characters of FA that effect us so strongly. It's almost more like reading a novel than seeing a film.
Hermes3G
Silver Member

Postby katka » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:44 am

It often happens that the nature of the figures audience also connects with a real character of actor / actress. You need to keep a reasonable distance and detachment from it. Well, fortunately, as she said Rebecka, she has much in common with Agnes, the most of all her played roles. Actually, one could say that Rebecka is Agnes, of course, to the little detail, right ? ... :roll: :wink: I would like read FA as book a novel
katka
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Both Alexandra and Rebecka have said that they had a lot in common with their characters in FÅ.

Rebecka just said she wasn't at all a lesbian though.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby katka » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Rebecka just said she wasn't at all a lesbian though.

This is precisely that detail what I had in mind. :wink:
katka
Crew Member

Postby soho » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:12 am

Cheevers4ever wrote:I can't and wouldn't be bothered really to even go up to any of the cast memebers. I'm in love with their characters rather then them, i know that sounds wierd.

This hits the nail on the head. I think the real weird thing is mixing together actors and the characters they've played. I have no problem talking about and having feelings towards fictional characters, it may be weird but it's still less weird than using the poor actor/actress as an unwilling proxy. :?
soho

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 am

soho wrote:
Cheevers4ever wrote:I can't and wouldn't be bothered really to even go up to any of the cast memebers. I'm in love with their characters rather then them, i know that sounds wierd.

This hits the nail on the head. I think the real weird thing is mixing together actors and the characters they've played. I have no problem talking about and having feelings towards fictional characters, it may be weird but it's still less weird than using the poor actor/actress as an unwilling proxy. :?

I tell you a story. I met an Actor Called Cillian Murphy, he was in the Batman films, 28 days later, Sunshine and Disco Pigs. He usually plays crazy characters in his films. i saw him one day in my local city centre. My friend and i, both big film buffs couldn't resist to go over. We both were hoping he be just like his characters in his films a bit kooky and out there but who we met was a very nice, down to earth guy who was happy enough to our pieces of paper. I was certainly disappointed that he wasn't everything i saw in the screen but just anormal everyday guy like me (just richer :D ). I swore from that day forward never to go up to any of my fav actors in my fav films.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Hermes3G » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Both Alexandra and Rebecka have said that they had a lot in common with their characters in FÅ.

Rebecka just said she wasn't at all a lesbian though.

What's your source on this? It kind of contradicts something she said in an interview in 1998,

Alexandra: "I tell my girlfriend that I love her, because I do! It would feel strange to make love to her..but I don't rule out that I'm bisexual. I think everyone is.
Rebecka: "I even believe I am, allthough I've never been with a girl. I've had feelings for a girl that were enormously similar to love. It's a very blury line between friendship and love."

The blurrier the better, ladies. :)P

The full interview is here: http://users.belgacom.net/gc855995/a9.htm
Hermes3G
Silver Member

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Cheevers4ever wrote:.... I'm in love with their characters rather then them, i know that sounds wierd. I wouldn't want to be so disappointed with them if they didn't live up to my expectations.

I think the same . It would be good to meet with them and would give us count the characters do not resemble anything in the film.
It might be a good disappointment. :( :(
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:08 am

Fantasy > Reality. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Yes, is true! _O_

In a radio interview a young girl say what happen in the TV's soap opera series was impossible. :N

And the men of the radio said:
You are young , when you grow up you will notice that reality is greater than fiction. :Y
:lol:
Santi
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)