My favourite scene

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby lady_young » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:58 pm

What are our favourite scenes in FA?

I love scene, when Elin calls to Johan and tells him, that she loves someone else... and then... Agnes is laying on her bed and looking at her ceiling, just like me. Then Elin does the same, and the music! Great. And the Elin takes the school's photo album and she looks at Agnes's photo. Ahhhh... And then Elin goes to her, but she broke the window... And then (then, then, then... re there any different words in this text?!) in school... when Agnes goes and Elin takes her to the loo. OH MY GOD! A love moment, when Agnes asks Elin, "Did you really mean what you said before?"... moment of silence and the best word, that Elin says in all film - "AHA". Ahhhh... I LOVE THIS SCENE!

(sorry, I don't know if I should write in Past or Present Simple... ehhh... English... yeah! :P)
lady_young

Postby oszczakiewicz » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:18 pm

I love all movie but this scene is just...so electryfying and woderfull.
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby lady_young » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:49 pm

..............................................exactly
lady_young

Postby kvaks » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:52 am

lady_young wrote:moment of silence and the best word, that Elin says in all film - "AHA".

I think she says "ja", meaning "yes", only she drags it out in a hesitating manner, so it sounds more like "aaaha". I'm just saying that in case the translation to your language got it wrong. :)
kvaks

Postby lady_young » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:42 am

THX. It's good to know. :D
lady_young

Postby Bomberpilot » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:41 pm

My favourite part was when Agnes and Elin came out of the closet and everyone was so surprised. And then Elin's great line: "Get ouf the the way, we want to fuck!" or something, I don't know if that's what she said in English, I just have the German version. Anyway, I love it!
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby Narcissus » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:36 am

I love the chocolate milk scene, and I know I'm not the only one. :D

It adds a sweet end to a very emotional movie, which is why it's my fave!! :)
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:33 pm

Narcissus wrote: I love the chocolate milk scene, and I know I'm not the only one. :D

Yeah, I loved the end, it's so great to watch Elin talking about the chocolate milk while Agnes just watches her and smiles.

Another great ending ending would have been Agnes and Elin walking out of the school into nowhere and then just end it.
But I also love the way Moodysson actually ended it.
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby hook » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:51 pm

Bomberpilot wrote:
Narcissus wrote: I love the chocolate milk scene, and I know I'm not the only one.  :D

Yeah, I loved the end, it's so great to watch Elin talking about the chocolate milk while Agnes just watches her and smiles.

Another great ending ending would have been Agnes and Elin walking out of the school into nowhere and then just end it.
But I also love the way Moodysson actually ended it.

....Oh God!!! I REALLY LOVE THAT SCENE...It's so so sweet... i love Agnes' face...
...her smile......
and then...It's a really wonderful ending 'cause it let you imagine..and that's great...you've got no Idea..of how many fantasies I did....

love, so much love to all of you... :D B) :ph34r:

-hook-
Image"I Am A Weak Heart.A Weak Heart To Break"
hook
Gold Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:39 pm

What I probably didn't like at all about the ending was that the scene when they're leaving the school was ended so abruptly. Probably they could have faded the music out or let the girls walk a bit more or something.
But overall it's great!
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:18 am

I can't really separate the movie to my favourite scenes..The whole movie is my favourite scene..each scene means something special to me.
Anyway the chocolate scene is brilliant! :P
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby FuckingAmalAddict » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:19 pm

lady_young wrote:OH MY GOD! A love moment, when Agnes asks Elin, "Did you really mean what you said before?"... moment of silence and the best word, that Elin says in all film - "AHA". Ahhhh... I LOVE THIS SCENE!

Exactly! That's it! The best scene in the whole film!!!
FuckingAmalAddict

Postby oszczakiewicz » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:34 pm

WHole movie is great but all scenes when Agnes and Elin are together on screen are amazing.ANd when Agnes asks Elin "Did you really mean what you said before?"...i agree with you all...greatness!
In my opinion this movie blows away every other movie.Why? Cause it`s magical!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:54 pm

oszczakiewicz wrote: WHole movie is great but all scenes when Agnes and Elin are together on screen are amazing.ANd when Agnes asks Elin "Did you really mean what you said before?"...i agree with you all...greatness!
In my opinion this movie blows away every other movie.Why? Cause it`s magical!

There are some better movies, but this one is definately one of the best! What an underrated masterpiece! I just downloaded the Swedish trailer and I just love it so much, I could watch it over and over. What a wonderful language!
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby fjordur » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:34 pm

well, my favourite scene is the scene when agnes' father comes in and reaches her a cup of tea, its a real privilege to have such a carin' and sensitive father, i miss to have such one, but thats alright~~
i also adore the scene in which agnes is standing on her window with tears in her eyes listening to elin who is asking for the toilet, its a nice one.
<b><span style='color:purple'> Ein Schuss, ein Tor,ALEMANNIA! </b></span>
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)