My favourite scene

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby *blond* » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:59 am

my mum's the english one. my dad is a wild aussie but :D
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:06 pm

Explains his reaction towards snow then :P
Last edited by Narcissus on Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby julien1843 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:29 pm

wusel wrote: for me it's difficult to say which scene is my favourite, as i like/love the whole film... but maybe i choose the two last scenes as my favourites: the toilet scene with the literal coming out ;), and of course the chocolate milk scene...

me too :wub:
julien1843
Faithfull Member

Postby julien1843 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:53 am

after watched it 4 times (nearly 5) my favorites scenes are :
-in the car
-the end, begin in the toilet
-when agnes and johan are on their bed looking elin on the picture, then in the end when elin in watching agnes on the picture and agnes whatching elin, that's really an important moment, and that's beautifull with the music... :wub: :wub: :wub:
julien1843
Faithfull Member

Postby jopower » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:49 pm

hum..

my favourite scene is when agnes and elin want to go in Stockholm... and then of course the scene in the car :ph34r:

I like when agnes is thinking about elin, who's thinking about agnes too...!... whaou.. with the music.. i loveee

whouun I love agnes :ph34r:

PS: i'm sorry if my english is bad :P

ciaoo
<span style='color:blue'>- Elle pleure, insensé, parce qu'elle a vécu ! <br>Et parce qu'elle vit ! Mais ce qu'elle déplore <br>Surtout, ce qui la fait frémir jusqu'aux genoux, <br>C'est que demain, hélas ! Il faudra vivre encore ! <br>Demain, après-demain et toujours ! - comme nous !</span>
jopower

Postby julia_wolkowa » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:15 am

My favourite scene is in the car. :P
julia_wolkowa

Postby chrisdiamanti » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:43 am

the chocolate milk scene provides balance, as elin's first scene involves her high value of that stuff, and the final one has a 'nothing special' gloriousness that cannot by any religiosity be surpassed, the essence of it being that these are girls with simple, sensual concerns, and even after the battle for their unconventional love has been won, they'll be girls with simple, sensual concerns.
chrisdiamanti

Postby gorgon » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:17 am

My favourite scene is the first one the so-called "onskelista" or something like that. I mean the movies hasn't started yet and you already hear Agnes typing, then the cam makes a closeup to her face and then to what she's written and exactly when one is supposed to be reading the last lines Drifter starts and the scene is cut not without having read the last line: I love Erin (Jag alskar Erin? <_< ) ahhhhhh such a good movie!
Last edited by gorgon on Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if you don't actually get what I meant. My English is not the bestest...
gorgon

Postby julien1843 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:37 am

gorgon wrote: My favourite scene is the first one the so-called "onskelista" or something like that. I mean the movies hasn't started yet and you already hear Agnes typing, then the cam makes a closeup to her face and then to what she's written and exactly when one is supposed to be reading the last lines Drifter starts and the scene is cut not without having read the last line: I love Erin (Jag alskar Erin? <_< ) ahhhhhh such a good movie!

Elin ! ;)
julien1843
Faithfull Member

Postby Chief_Wiggum44 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:57 pm

My favorite scene is the last one where Elin is talking about the hot chocolate and Agnes is smiling this incredible meaningful smile. It somehow reminded my of Chaplin's "City Lights" where he is smiling also such a wonderful smile at the end of the movie.
I think this was REALLY the best way to end the movie, not with words but with a small but powerful mimic which sums up all feelings of the whole movie, so to speak.
The same was also made in the movie "Magnolia".
Chief_Wiggum44

Postby Narcissus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:34 pm

my amazing powers of deduction tell me......that you.....are......American?

:P
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Chief_Wiggum44 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:56 pm

No, I'm from Austria, but I'm a huge Chaplin -Fan (but not such a huge fan of modern american film -"art"). :P
I've seen "Fucking Amal" the first time yesterday, they played it at 1:00 am (shame on Austrian TV), I just wanted to go to bed but after I have seen only a few minutes I couldn't turn of the TV; now I'm a bit tired ;) .
Last edited by Chief_Wiggum44 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief_Wiggum44

Postby Narcissus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:21 pm

ah, its just the spelling and the username...never mind lol :lol:
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:36 pm

Chief_Wiggum44 wrote:I think this was REALLY the best way to end the movie, not with words but with a small but powerful mimic which sums up all feelings of the whole movie, so to speak.
The same was also made in the movie "Magnolia".

Well I'm thrilled - I always thought I was the only one who saw this similarity between FA and Magnolia! You've got a good eye, ChiefWiggum! I tried to make the comparison between the two films and also a third (Lost in Translation) in something I wrote about FA... maybe you're interested to look if you agree with it: It's in section 7 of "What It's All About" which you may find here: <a href='http://www.people.freenet.de/what-its-all-about/' target='_blank'>What It's All About</a>

Concerning the favourite scene, I agree with what chrisdiamanti said about the O'boy scene (I especially agree with that what is said in that scene is not "meaningless", as some have claimed, but rather brings Elin's change of personality full circle), but the bests scene is still the coming out scene before. Just because it is the most important and the most moving scene of the entire film, and because it is where Rebecka and Alexandra are at their best. Their performance after Elin said "yes" is the undeniable climax of everything. (For a closer description of why I think so, see section 6 of the essay named above... :ph34r: )
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby loveagnes » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:08 am

I love the birthday scene where Agnes wakes up and her parents give her the cake. Right there you see TRUE happiness pouring out of her. It's so beautiful.
I love Agnes!
loveagnes

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)