My favourite scene

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Bomberpilot » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:37 pm

Agnes' father is really wonderful, every father should be like him!
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:12 am

"also adore the scene in which agnes is standing on her window with tears in her eyes listening to elin who is asking for the toilet, its a nice one"

Yes!Great scene.
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby freee » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:16 pm

i like the `last scene `where they re coming out of the toilet but its too short there should be more time
freee
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:43 pm

freee wrote: i like the `last scene `where they re coming out of the toilet but its too short there should be more time

I'm a bit confused about that scene.I don't think something like that could have happened in Poland....It's more likely to happen in Sweden...anyway I adore this scene too.
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby emp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:49 pm

Sphinx wrote:I'm a bit confused about that scene.I don't think something like that could have happened in Poland....It's more likely to happen in Sweden...anyway I adore this scene too.

What do exactly do you mean, what couldn't happen?
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:56 pm

Poeple in Poland aren't so open-minded..so it's quite impossible for lesbian couples to deal with our fucking full of prejudices small towns society.I bet They would rather hide their relationship.No words like "ELIN: Could you please make way for us? We are going to fuck." would be said. :(
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby fjordur » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:53 pm

well, in my opinion polish are rather open-minded than germans or swedish for example, they dont have this certain germanic coldness and silence, ive been to poland , so i wonder about sphinx statement, but i guess he knows better than i ;)
<b><span style='color:purple'> Ein Schuss, ein Tor,ALEMANNIA! </b></span>
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:03 am

fjordur wrote: well, in my opinion polish are rather open-minded than germans or swedish for example, they dont have this certain germanic coldness and silence, ive been to poland , so i wonder about sphinx statement, but i guess he knows better than i ;)

I'd prefer "she" :D
Yes we are worm nation but with our straight rules unfortunatelly:PEspecially the older part of the nation:p
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:35 am

fjordur wrote: well, in my opinion polish are rather open-minded than germans or swedish for example, they dont have this certain germanic coldness and silence, ive been to poland , so i wonder about sphinx statement, but i guess he knows better than i ;)

@Fjordur: i just saw your signature about Allemania... Then I went to your profile. It's unbelievable but we live about 10 km's from each other. I live in Roermond and you across the border in Heinsberg. How small this world is... :)

I think that Poles in the city are very open minded, but in the country it is the other way round probably...
Last edited by sydney on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby oszczakiewicz » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:35 am

"I think that Poles in the city are very open minded, but in the country it is the other way round probably"

Yes and no.

Poles are fucked up!

It depend in what city you have been and what sort of people you have met and you haven`t met real polish hooligans. One day in a center of a city they attacked me and tryed to take my wallet but i managed to runwawy.There was so many people and nobody helped me!
Lesbians are more accepted than gays.
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:28 am

I think lesbians are more accepted everywhere! I mean, girls mostly don't care if you're gay or lesbian, it's the boys who tell you that being gay is so sick, but they don't have anything against lesbians most of the time. Guess why?
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby fjordur » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:39 pm

Sydney wrote:
@Fjordur: i just saw your signature about Allemania... Then I went to your profile. It's unbelievable but we live about 10 km's from each other. I live in Roermond and you across the border in Heinsberg. How small this world is... :)

really ?!?
Ive been to Roermond last saturday , I went to a shop in the city because my friend wanted to buy himself some weed, the shop is called skunk or something like that !!!!
Its really cool to see how small the world is, as you said !!!

to sphinx, sorrie, i didnt guess you were a girl ;)
ive been to poland because i am 1/4 polish
<b><span style='color:purple'> Ein Schuss, ein Tor,ALEMANNIA! </b></span>
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:10 pm

Bomberpilot wrote: I think lesbians are more accepted everywhere! I mean, girls mostly don't care if you're gay or lesbian, it's the boys who tell you that being gay is so sick, but they don't have anything against lesbians most of the time. Guess why?

I suppose because of thet strange kind of stereotyp that's stuck in people's mind about gays...it is quite hard to say if some girl is a lesbian or not due to her appearance..meanwhile when a boy seems to be a bit feminine he is said to be gay.That's sick!

fjordur:That's ok I don't mind,how could You know :P
I've noticed that a lot poeple from here have been to Poland that's cool!
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby slarti » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:44 pm

Best Scene?
Obviously the last one. It's just so cute, as the rest of the movie is too. And it is a happy-end i really liked watching.

I kinda "like" the Scene when Agnes tries to slit her wrists too. Not that it's a fun thing to watch, but I guess it's one of the most moving Scenes ever.
slarti

Postby sydney » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:49 pm

fjordur wrote: really ?!?
Ive been to Roermond last saturday , I went to a shop in the city because my friend wanted to buy himself some weed, the shop is called skunk or something like that !!!!
Its really cool to see how small the world is, as you said !!!

B)

Skunk it is yes... Skunk is on the same street as the "azijnfabriek" where I watch most of the "alternative movies" on wednesday or thursday. I also saw Lilja 4-Ever there...

... for the fourth time :lol:
sydney

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)