MUSEic of Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love) Sequel

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

MUSEic of Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love) Sequel

Postby snaps » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:31 am

OK - I am doing you guys a favour *:)* It begins here. This will change your life! (about time too :D ) We have often discussed and written and read 'sequel' stories. In passing we may have mentioned what would be the soundtrack inclusions to such a production, but not in an organised way. What if?

You know that I am a MUSE-head, yehyeh yada yada, and I think their songs would have provided an ideal backdrop to a sequel. But THIS I assure you is different.

Allow me to introduce the work of Marina Andrienko. She has a following in hundreds of thousands. She has produced many cover versions but her most well-known are MUSE covers. I just feel that she is an evolution of how Agnes might have developed in an alternate world. To be honest, Marina is fortunate. She clearly comes from a family that can not only afford to purchase a Gibson Les Paul, Fender Stratocaster, Yamaha bass etc but also the software, camera effects to do HD split-screen and complex effects pedals as used by MUSE. I think that Agnes would have been indulged the same.

Not only is Marina beautiful, but she looks so serene, while ripping her way through complex guitar arrangements. I have selected one here as a demo. She has many others. This is her cover of 'Easily' by MUSE. My buddy Fredrik who is YOHIO's stage bass-player has attempted a bass-cover version which is an excellent repro of the original, of one of the most complex bass-lines in rock history. Here, Marina goes on better by split-screening and doing the lead guitar break as well.
Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TffybdzMXZ0
snaps
Crew Member

Re: MUSEic of Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love) Sequel

Postby fish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:57 am

snaps wrote:...one of the most complex bass-lines in rock history...

Bass played like it was a guitar. Fantastic.
Don't get to hear a bass like this very often.
A well made vid too what with the guitar in split screen and all.
Very talented.

Could I see Agnes playing like this?
Well, only if she wasn't feeling suicidal any more.
That was a real dirge. :P :lol:

Excellent vid Snaps. Thanks for posting. *:)*

Snapsie wrote:...This will change your life!..

You mean I've reached puberty at long last? :shock: :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)