Danish theratical play (2017-)

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Danish theratical play (2017-)

Postby Eldsjäl » Wed May 09, 2018 2:23 am

You guys have most likely already discussed this somewhere but I couldn't find a thread about it so here I am. A group in Denmark under the theater associations Teater Vestvolden and HiLS DiN MOR toured across the country with a certain FÅ theratical play last year. They'll continue arranging these 2018 and onward to the next year. Judging by the information and reviews I've come across so far, it is a pretty loose adaptation of the film.

A small trailer can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ySAmDh02w

https://www.teatervestvolden.dk/fucking-aamaal/
http://www.folketeatret.dk/shows/fucking-%C3%A5maal/

This greatly reminds me by the way of the German play that came about a couple of years prior to this.

I'm actually considering attending at one of these plays. Would be interesting for sure.
Whatever. We'll go there and burn the house down. Come on. Please...
Eldsjäl
Gold Member

Re: Danish theratical play (2017-)

Postby fish » Wed May 09, 2018 5:23 am

Eldsjäl wrote:...Would be interesting for sure.

It certainly would.
There have been a number of "adaptations" of Fucking Åmål over the years, I haven't attended any of course due to where I live so I have no idea if they are quality productions or not, but I think it's great that people still remember and want to put on such shows.
May it last a hundred years. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Most of Moodysson's film's would make for great stage plays, especially Together as it's mostly set in the Commune in the 70's.

One thing that's off putting about the screenshots of the stage shows is a lot of actresses aren't that young, could they not maybe move from a high school setting to Agnes and Elin just have them as 18 to 20 year olds just finished their Hugh School life a year to two before. Elin is maybe as a layabout, who's relying on her past as miss popular in High School who doesn't have a clue what to do with her life beside drinking and boys and have Agnes who held back from going to University for a year cause she hasn't decided what she wanted to do, and her parents have moved to Amal. The story could still work around it, some women and men are still at that stage in life that they haven't figured out their sexuality and stuff and still can act quite immature. The whole story can still work.

I do like that the actresses that play Agnes on stage are just plain looking (i don't mean that as a insult). If I have one complaint, and some have bought this up before on here, that Rebecka Liljeberg was a bit of a babe to play an outcast. She would have been quite popular with the lads and ladies. I do think Agnes shouldn't be outright good looking, she should be plain and insecure and shy but behind that is a young woman with a fire in her belly. I thought Rebecka did that side of the part fantastically and you bought into her for that reason.

I like that they don't go beat for beat with the film, I think it was the German production that merged Markus into Viktoria into one bully character which is smart. Also they added the deleted scenes and wrote new scenes with P.E teacher, also put a modern day soundtrack into it. I like to see the play version mix things up to surprise us.

I'd love to see them film the stage play, add subtitles and upload it to YouTube after it's run is over.
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 am

I'd watch it too, for interest's sake, but the reality for me is that Agnes and Elin will always be Bex and Lex. *:)* *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am

Agreed.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby M83 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 pm

fish wrote:I'd watch it too, for interest's sake, but the reality for me is that Agnes and Elin will always be Bex and Lex. *:)* *:)*

Even though they be Agnes and Elin forever in film version, I'm always open minded when it comes to the Stage Play with different actresses in the role. The Danish version looks very arty, just going by the trailer. Be a interesting watch for sure.
M83
Gold Member

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 pm

This show had already heard a long time ago, which means that they take a long time. I do not know if it will be good or bad, but I'm sure it has something different that attracts it.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:41 pm

M83 wrote:I do like that the actresses that play Agnes on stage are just plain looking (i don't mean that as a insult). If I have one complaint, and some have bought this up before on here, that Rebecka Liljeberg was a bit of a babe to play an outcast. She would have been quite popular with the lads and ladies. I do think Agnes shouldn't be outright good looking, she should be plain and insecure and shy but behind that is a young woman with a fire in her belly. .

Yes :Y
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 am

Eh, I don't agree. Surely the reason she's an outcast is simply because she's relatively new to town, arty and different and they suspect her sexuality.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 am

Ian wrote:Eh, I don't agree. Surely the reason she's an outcast is simply because she's relatively new to town, arty and different and they suspect her sexuality.

Yes, :Y
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Eldsjäl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm

The script tells us something similar:

“If we were to imagine that some kind of school beauty contest took place, then Agnes would get zero votes. Not because she's ugly, it's rather the fact that she doesn't fit in.”
Whatever. We'll go there and burn the house down. Come on. Please...
Eldsjäl
Gold Member

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:47 am

Eldsjäl wrote:..., then Agnes would get zero votes. Not because she's ugly, it's rather the fact that she doesn't fit in.”

If the votes were secret, she would get only one vote :wink:
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 am

Santi wrote:...she would get only one vote :wink:

Well, she'd get my vote.
What's wrong with the rest of you. *:)* :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member