This movie....

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby darkleon » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:33 pm

it's so much affecting to me
nearly everytime i watch it i feel with theme
the love, the pain...
everything is so perfectly "real"
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby JustMe90 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:16 pm

this weekend im gonna watch it for second time. this time with my parents. but i dont wanna watch the film with them couse i think im gonna start crying or something... and thats embarrasing. this film has touched my soul, so i feel like its a personal thing...
age: 14<br>sex: female<br>sexuality: bi/ (well at the moment more) lesbian<br>what i ever wanted to say to you: hello (lol. i dont wanted to insult or something. so i wrote hello)<br>why this signature suckz: couse i made it without thinking about it a lot and its stupid and boring<br>
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby Narcissus » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:44 pm

I could never watch it with my parents, they just don't understand things like I do.
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Sphinx » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:44 pm

I will probably get an opportunity to see Fucking Amal in the cinema:PI joined a sort of Movie Disputable Club and the boss will try to get a copy of this movie.I'm so excited!!Wide-screen!!Och my!!Agnes and Elin will be so bigggg :lol:
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby JustMe90 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:12 am

hey thats gonna be nice. youre lucky! :D
age: 14<br>sex: female<br>sexuality: bi/ (well at the moment more) lesbian<br>what i ever wanted to say to you: hello (lol. i dont wanted to insult or something. so i wrote hello)<br>why this signature suckz: couse i made it without thinking about it a lot and its stupid and boring<br>
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby Anny » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:37 pm

Hey!

I'd like to say something about the film so I will write it here (I didn't want to make a new topic of it...)

I watched it only once but that was enough to make me really think about my life! I watched it maybe two weeks ago in the night, what means I was nearly asleep before the film started. I don't know why but I had to look at the clock every two minutes and thought "Now there are still ... minutes and til now NOTHING happeded!" Then there were still two minutes left and suddenly there was the end of the film! The whole night I had to think of all the things one could make in two minutes... But the next day when I told my friend of the film, i realized, how wonderful this end is!! (I think the problem was, that there was a photo in the tv-magazine which was very very small and I thought it was Elin and Agnes lying together in bed! The next day I saw that it was not Agnes but Johan... But now i know that it would have been very (i don't the word.. "lahm" halt) when they had have sex at the end... (I think then would it also not be for 12-year old children ;) ) But I wonder why they don't even kiss each other in the toilet...

The most funny scene for me was when Elin and Jessica were on a children's playground and Jessica said "oh you're standing on an "A"-gulli (it was that way in the German translation, I don't know whether that is right...) and she said "A stands for Abtreibung, Arbeitslosigkeint, Ausschlag, Asthma..." (all the bad things) But I knew: of cause "A" stands for "Agnes" :lol:

So this is my opinion of the story! And now as I thought long time about it I LOVE IT!!! (You'll surely know this feeling...)
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby emp » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:57 pm

I agree, if they had sex at the end, that just wouldn't suit this film. But yeah, in that closet, it could have been more than that hair thing, I guess one quick kiss would have been appropriate.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:18 pm

Do you think there should be second part?Like Fucking Amal 2?I read the beginning to the script that's on this webside but I'm not convinced.... <_< and yes I'm glad there was no sex at the end it made the movie much more gentle and delicate.
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby JustMe90 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:04 pm

i think its better without sex. couse normally there are a lot films about homosexual teenagers that only talk about sex and very few feelings. i think this end makes the film better. it dont needs sex to be very sweet and lovely. but there would have been a kiss in the toilet. i was thinkig "now theyre gonnna kiss each other" all the time. but it didnt happen. but its ok the way it is.
i dont know if i want that there will be a second part. if it is as good as the first i will get a bigger fan. but the 2 films normally are worse than the first. so i think (even if it hurts to know that there´s not gonna be a second movie and we have to live with only 1 film) its better if there wont be a second part. the script is good and maybe the film would be great... but i dont know...
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby Anny » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:57 pm

I think if there was a 2nd part I'd rather kill myself than watch this film!!! It's the same with my favourite book "the little prince" I know that there is a 2nd part but I'll never read it!! First point because it's not written by the same writer than the first part and second point is that would destroy the wonderful open end at the end of the first part like it is also by FA! I read the first few lines of "FA 5 years later" but I think when I read it to the end that would destroy all my feelings about the first part! I think an open end is much better than a happy end because everyone can think what's most logical to him! (The people who though that's the real love would like that Elin and Agnes stay together till death and the people who think that such a love will never be lucky will think that they have an argument a few days later and part) You know what I mean? Everyone has a different opinion about this topic and so the film should be only a thing to make you think about that topic more clearly! So I think things are good as they are! You can't make something that's (almost!) perfect better! And when you saw something that's not the way you dreamed about it all your dreams will be broken for ever and you'll never watch the first part again because you know that they'll part a few days later (for example).

That's my opinion!
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby emp » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:41 pm

Hmm I read the whole "2nd part" script and it didn't really destroy my feelings about the movie. It's because when you read the script, it's something completely different than watching the movie. So those two can't really connect, I think. Maybe if the 2nd part was a real movie, then maybe.....but I just took the script as plain text :)
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)