This movie....

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby emp » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:11 pm

...is probably the best I have ever seen. My favorite movie is the LOTR trilogy, but you can't really compare those two. FA is in a completely different category. I never found any movie as touching as this. I'm not gay, but I don't have a girlfriend either, I never really cared about that. But after watching FA, it was kinda difficult to fall asleep, and after I woke up, the first thought was about FA again. The movie made me thinking about my life and made me a bit sad. I just wish I would find love like those girls did.....
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby Narcissus » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:28 pm

I think all of us felt like that when we saw it, and it's why we were all drawn to here.
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby freee » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:32 pm

yes u re right i ve ssen it and i wanted to scream : `` I WANT LOVE``
i m not gay too but i love this movie and i love rebecca :) she s so cool and she...
freee
Faithfull Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:47 pm

I felt exactly like you! I could barely sleep in the night I had seen it. And the next day in school I just thought about the movie!
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby emp » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:02 pm

Yeah, it really surprised me, how much it influenced me. I mean, most of the movies I see, it's like I either do like it or don't like it, then forget it or remember it, maybe remember some scenes or quotes and think "Yeah that was funny.". This one is different. It's like this movie spreads out of its 90 minutes and invades my whole mind, stuck in there. I got to watch this again....
Last time I felt somehow similiar was after watching American Beauty, but this time it's really big. So I'm just surprised what a movie can do...
Last edited by emp on Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby freee » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:31 pm

U re all right man i i i love this movie it is in u i m thinking every second about it !!
freee
Faithfull Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 pm

Yeah! Me too and you know about it.Maybe none of us know what real love is?
And Rebecca is just to sweet
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby hook » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:04 am

Yeah! I felt exacltly the same as you... I can remeber perfectly that night of three years ago...I was on my sofa, awake, at 2.00 am..when I saw her...Agnes...breaking down everything...God...I loved that film from the first minute...I HAD TO WATCH ALL, ABSOLUTLEY AND AGAIN...i had to wait 4 years...FOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i thought I would go crazy....Until I found a marvellous guy who sent me the film and soundtrack....
I rember also the day afeter...I felt strange, but so so happy...and I didn't stop any minute...to think of that film....and not now too....
so I have only one word.... :

PETER...THANK YOU SO MUCH..!!!! YOU WERE, ARE, WONDERFUL..... :D :lol:
Image"I Am A Weak Heart.A Weak Heart To Break"
hook
Gold Member

Postby slarti » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:23 pm

I've seen the movie this Sunday, and since then, I could not stop thinking about it.
I wrote a rough review for one of the Boards I frequently visit, and just started to rewrite it into something more suiting for the movie.
Pupils at school just stared at me, while I sat there and wrote.

I consider myself very interested in movies, I like to watch them, but no other movie ever had me think about it for some days, let alone a whole week.

And it so fucking Rocks, that German television shows Moodysons films. although my Maths-teacher would rather have me awake in his lessons. (Films start at 11 PM, and don't finish before 1 in the morning, wich is bad an the next day at school, but the movies are worth it.
slarti

Postby Sphinx » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:05 pm

I'm so proud of myself :P Since I 've got the copy of the movie over 10 people saw it and fall in love with it.There's no power no strenght to prevent You from simply giving all Your heart to this movie. :P
I'm addicted and I'm so happy about it.
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:01 pm

slarti wrote: I've seen the movie this Sunday, and since then, I could not stop thinking about it.
I wrote a rough review for one of the Boards I frequently visit, and just started to rewrite it into something more suiting for the movie.
Pupils at school just stared at me, while I sat there and wrote.

I consider myself very interested in movies, I like to watch them, but no other movie ever had me think about it for some days, let alone a whole week.

And it so fucking Rocks, that German television shows Moodysons films. although my Maths-teacher would rather have me awake in his lessons. (Films start at 11 PM, and don't finish before 1 in the morning, wich is bad an the next day at school, but the movies are worth it.

Yeah, the next 2 mondays I will look pretty messed up in school! :lol:

And to Sphinx: I also showed the movie to a couple of friends and they also loved it. I bet they would've never seen it, because not a lot people know it where I live but now most of them do! :)
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby fjordur » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:25 pm

its makes me curious to see how almost all members of the board share the same experiences..
when i saw it i could sleep fine, but the next day i woke up i also firstly thaught about the movie and when i went to school it was running in my head all the time, i felt consequently "bothered" by the movie ;)
one thing makes me a little angry, i couldnt talk to anyone about the movie because usually people around me dont watch such movies, a waste.
<b><span style='color:purple'> Ein Schuss, ein Tor,ALEMANNIA! </b></span>
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Postby emp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:29 am

fjordur wrote: its makes me curious to see how almost all members of the board share the same experiences..
when i saw it i could sleep fine, but the next day i woke up i also firstly thaught about the movie and when i went to school it was running in my head all the time, i felt consequently "bothered" by the movie ;)
one thing makes me a little angry, i couldnt talk to anyone about the movie because usually people around me dont watch such movies, a waste.

Exactly, I'm hate the fact I can't talk about it with anyone too. FA is one big miracle, just look how similiar all the experiences are. People can't sleep and get it out of their heads, guys wanna become lesbians....unbelievable.
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:41 am

Yeah, I don't think this is your typical movie, it's something really, really special, although if you clearly think about it it's just a normal movie. What a confusing world. :(
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:08 am

Fucking Amal = Masterpiece
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)