Let's help FA on IMDB

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby arkz1531 » Thu May 05, 2005 11:12 pm

Do you think I did not read all those other posts that said that over and over again?
<i><b>"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" ~Ernest Gaines</b></i>
Name: Kyle
D.O.B.:January 30, 1987
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
arkz1531
Silver Member

Postby darkleon » Fri May 06, 2005 3:12 pm

arkz1531 wrote:Do you think I did not read all those other posts that said that over and over again?

i didn't know...so i just wrote it again...and for other people
don't get a bad opinion about me...i'm not that bad :-)
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby Narcissus » Fri May 06, 2005 6:51 pm

Oh don't worry dark, we love you :P
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby arkz1531 » Fri May 06, 2005 9:27 pm

I'm sorry dark, I had read all those posts very recently and I wasn't in a good mood for some reason. But now I am in a good mood. :D
<i><b>"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" ~Ernest Gaines</b></i>
Name: Kyle
D.O.B.:January 30, 1987
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
arkz1531
Silver Member

Postby darkleon » Mon May 09, 2005 4:41 pm

woooooooooow it's number 144 in the list!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :-)
<a href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150662/' target='_blank'>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150662/</a>
Last edited by darkleon on Mon May 09, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby sydney » Mon May 09, 2005 9:04 pm

darkleon wrote: woooooooooow it's number 144 in the list!!!!

#244 ;)
sydney

Postby darkleon » Tue May 10, 2005 2:06 am

Sydney wrote:
darkleon wrote: woooooooooow it's number 144 in the list!!!!

yeah right! :-)
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby Narcissus » Tue May 10, 2005 12:49 pm

Yes. Right. He IS right, check again!
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Re: Let's help FA on IMDB

Postby PackDude » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:40 am

You guys cannot blame all of the US for voting it down! :roll:
PackDude
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:56 am

LOL Popularity contests, who cares anyway?

Treasures like FA are too good for the plebs, anyway. Best left for the discerning to seek out on their own (snobbish)

:wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby PackDude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am

Yeah, you are right. I'm finding that the more movie gems I come across, the more I realize they will never be blockbusters or popular with the populace (is that redundant? :T ). The same goes for music.

In order to really live life to the fullest, you have to deliberately break out of the mold and seek out things that are really worthwhile. You just can't always wait for them to find you.
PackDude
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:48 am

I couldn't have put it better myself. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Cheevers4ever » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:23 am

Juts been on IMDB page for Fucking Amal and it went from a 7.9 to a 7.7 seems like its taken a hit over the last year. Sad really as its fanbase has gone down a little.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby katka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Cheevers4ever wrote:Juts been on IMDB page for Fucking Amal and it went from a 7.9 to a 7.7 seems like its taken a hit over the last year. Sad really as its fanbase has gone down a little.

At our website about films (The Czechoslovak film's database) unfortunately too. :( From the original rating 85% falls to 83%... :? But still is the one of the best films all ever. While hasn't many fans and also isn't placed in any ranking too high or even in the middle, but still keeps the bar high, in our country. The problem is rather one that still saw its a few people and it's unknown film by us. :roll: :?
katka
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm

katka wrote:
Cheevers4ever wrote:Juts been on IMDB page for Fucking Amal and it went from a 7.9 to a 7.7 seems like its taken a hit over the last year. Sad really as its fanbase has gone down a little.

At our website about films (The Czechoslovak film's database) unfortunately too. :( From the original rating 85% falls to 83%... :? But still is the one of the best films all ever. While hasn't many fans and also isn't placed in any ranking too high or even in the middle, but still keeps the bar high, in our country. The problem is rather one that still saw its a few people and it's unknown film by us. :roll: :?

I think its down to two things 1/ The films fans which is a small cult has probably done all its voting and the film hasn't gone on sadly to become a bigger cult movie as it should have done. 7.7 is still great and is only second to Lilya4ever as moodysson best rated film which is a 7.8. So not all bad.

and 2/ Moodysson career has taken a bit of a hit Critically and commercially ever since After Lilya 4 ever, you have to remember Moodysson was one of the top directors in europe at the time His first three films (Fucking Amal,Together and Lilya 4 ever) were critical and commerical success's and he was seen as the new Bergman and the new saviour of Swedish Cinema. A Hole in my heart and container are under 5 mark on IMDB while Mammoth his first English speaking film with Michelle williams was met with little fanfare and went straight to dvd pretty fast. So His first three films ratings have gone down hill cause of those films hopefully his return to his bright fun side with his next feature will bring up these ratings once again.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)