Let's help FA on IMDB

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby emp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:26 am

From what I understood from the FA IMDB forums, it used to be in the Top 250. Then some stupid US voters came along (if the vote statistics are true), probably saw the title in the Top 250, thought "Such an offensive title, let's get it out." and voted 1/10.
Lots of people here are saying that they introduced all their friends to this movie and they loved it. So introduce them to IMDB as well ;) . Let's put Fucking Amal back where it belongs - to the Top 250!
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby kvaks » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:54 pm

Voting campaigns, if detected, may lead to the deletion of ALL votes and a temporary voting suspension. That happened to the Norwegian movie "Flåklypa Grand Prix" after a campaign to get it into the Top 250 some years ago.

BTW, I'm not sure if FÅ ever was in the Top 250, but I know it used to be in the Top 50 Romance movies. (http://www.imdb.com/chart/romance) It looks like it's just barely not in that list at the moment.

Edit: Besides, "For this top 250, only votes from regular voters are considered", so it would be of little use anyway.
Last edited by kvaks on Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvaks

Postby Sphinx » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:17 pm

I voted...my single vote is not much but I feel better I did it! :D
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby emp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:51 pm

kvaks wrote: Voting campaigns, if detected, may lead to the deletion of ALL votes and a temporary voting suspension. That happened to the Norwegian movie "Flåklypa Grand Prix" after a campaign to get it into the Top 250 some years ago.

BTW, I'm not sure if FÅ ever was in the Top 250, but I know it used to be in the Top 50 Romance movies. (http://www.imdb.com/chart/romance) It looks like it's just barely not in that list at the moment.

Edit: Besides, "For this top 250, only votes from regular voters are considered", so it would be of little use anyway.

You're right, I noticed that thing about regular voters too :( OK, so it would at least pump it's average rating up. And I didn't really mean it as a voting campaign, it's just that I know so many people who don't vote for their favorite movies on IMDB and that's a shame. So just to make sure everyone who has seen it has voted for it.
BTW it really pisses me off how the rating is affected by those 1/10 votes. I don't think there actually is a movie that would deserve a 1/10. And the lowest possible vote for FA I can think of would be like 3/10, and that's only if the voter is a homophobic retard...
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby freee » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:55 pm

what is going on here with voting ... ? tell me
freee
Faithfull Member

Postby emp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:18 pm

freee wrote: what is going on here with voting ... ? tell me

<a href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150662/' target='_blank'>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150662/</a>
If you register on IMDB you can vote for movies, 1/10 - 10/10. There is a ladder of the best 250 movies, based on this voting system. So I basically wanted to get FA back into the Top 250, but because only the votes from the regular voters are considered, it's not so easy. But go and vote anyway!
Last edited by emp on Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby freee » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:33 pm

ok
i voted 10 (OF COURSE!!)
freee
Faithfull Member

Postby emp » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:47 pm

freee wrote: ok
i voted 10 (OF COURSE!!)

Good ;) , keep voting for other movies you see too, and maybe you become a regular voter (I'm not really sure what a regular voter means, but I guess it's not like 10 votes a day).
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:42 am

"From what I understood from the FA IMDB forums, it used to be in the Top 250. Then some stupid US voters came along (if the vote statistics are true), probably saw the title in the Top 250, thought "Such an offensive title, let's get it out." and voted 1/10"

I have heard about it.

Fucking IMDB users!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:33 am

I have voted there for quiet a while for every movie I've seen, so I hope they consider me a "regular voter".
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby Narcissus » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:14 pm

I don't think that orchestrating a voting session on Fucking Åmål is really worth it, as long as I love it, then I don't care what other people think because its MY opinion over theirs.
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:30 pm

Narcissus wrote: I don't think that orchestrating a voting session on Fucking Åmål is really worth it, as long as I love it, then I don't care what other people think because its MY opinion over theirs.

Well, that's true!
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Life is great, without it you'd be dead!</span></span></span>
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby freee » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:56 pm

Bomberpilot wrote:
Narcissus wrote: I don't think that orchestrating a voting session on Fucking Åmål is really worth it, as long as I love it, then I don't care what other people think because its MY opinion over theirs.

Well, that's true!

yes ok but when FA gets a good place other people watch it and view the wonder of LOVE
freee
Faithfull Member

Postby Bomberpilot » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:37 am

freee wrote:
Bomberpilot wrote:

Well, that's true!

yes ok but when FA gets a good place other people watch it and view the wonder of LOVE

Now that's also true! :D
Bomberpilot
Gold Member

Postby emp » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:59 am

Yeah and the main thing is, that FA bloody deserves to be in there! 8.0/10 rating is very good....but it could be much higher! Damn those US and male 45+ voters :angry:
emp
Faithfull Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)