Two questions!

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby fjordur » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:13 pm

well im not sure whether these questions have been put here before, but im going to put them here now;

did agnes really cut herself or was there an unbelievable trick behind there?
( might be a stupid question , we will see afterwards ;) )

and, what language do agnes and viktoria learn when they sit in the lunch room shortly before they were taken into a conversation with that owl-like girl ?
i supose it could be danish, am i right ?
<b><span style='color:purple'> Ein Schuss, ein Tor,ALEMANNIA! </b></span>
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:15 pm

yes it's a very stupid question... :-)
of couse Rebecka as a real person didn't ...it's a movie! it's just a trick :huh:
and well....to be exactly ...agnes, as a movie character, did
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby fjordur » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:18 pm

well yea, of course i supposed it was unreal !!! :D
but it seems so realistic, so, how did she do it then ? :unsure: <_<
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:27 pm

depends on the creativity of the crew ;) but I'm also curious about the language what was it and what's the "reve"(I don't know how do you spell it)
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:33 pm

i have read this some days ago but can't find it anymore(was in an script of a chat-session with Rebecka)
it was a fake blade an they but something in the blade and if you press the blade hard enough on the skin the fake-blood comes out
Last edited by darkleon on Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby emp » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:51 pm

darkleon wrote: i have read this some days ago but can't find it anymore(was in an script of a chat-session with Rebecka)

Yeah I remembered the same thing when I saw this thread, but I can't remember where that transcript was either! :unsure:
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:53 pm

emp wrote:
darkleon wrote: i have read this some days ago but can't find it anymore(was in an script of a chat-session with Rebecka)

Yeah I remembered the same thing when I saw this thread, but I can't remember where that transcript was either! :unsure:

Look in the menu under <a href='http://ezkidds.phpwebhosting.com/fa/subpages/html/framedownload.htm' target='_blank'>Downloads</a>, then scroll to Rebecka Liljeberg, you will find the chat with Rebecka there...
Last edited by sydney on Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby fjordur » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:07 pm

oh, now i know better !
i think i will read the chat history !
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:07 pm

ah oki thx :-)
the the chat-session:

Rebecca_Liljeberg_: vi tog lite fuskblod på en nedslipad rakhyvel och så drog jag den mot armen
( We took a little fake-blood and put it on a fake razorbladecut and then I put it on my arm )
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby emp » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:07 pm

Sydney wrote: Look in the menu under <a href='http://ezkidds.phpwebhosting.com/fa/subpages/html/framedownload.htm' target='_blank'>Downloads</a>, then scroll to Rebecka Liljeberg, you will find the chat with Rebecka there...

LOL, I looked everywhere but here :ph34r:
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:08 pm

an other question

is it the only special effect in fucking amal? ;-)
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby JustMe90 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:05 pm

i think it was french... i dont know, but at least in the german version victoria said: "bus" and angnes corrected her saying "büs". so i suppose its french, couse in french most of the "u" turn to "ü". but im not sure at all
age: 14<br>sex: female<br>sexuality: bi/ (well at the moment more) lesbian<br>what i ever wanted to say to you: hello (lol. i dont wanted to insult or something. so i wrote hello)<br>why this signature suckz: couse i made it without thinking about it a lot and its stupid and boring<br>
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby fjordur » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:56 pm

JustMe90 wrote: i think it was french... i dont know, but at least in the german version victoria said: "bus" and angnes corrected her saying "büs". so i suppose its french, couse in french most of the "u" turn to "ü". but im not sure at all

well, yea, i also have the german version as well as the swedish version
of course in french there lots of "ü" , but im sure that in FA it wasnt french, it was rather danish or norwegian , bus = something like bys ;)
besides learning french is not too popular in scandinavia
fjordur
Faithfull Member

Postby Valki 96 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:56 pm

it seemed expected that Agnes' phlebotomizing was interrupted. BUT! For me it is more interesting to know what would have been if it were not so. Would then this story have had such a happy end? :unsure:
break on through to the other side!
Valki 96
Faithfull Member

Postby wusel » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:46 pm

i'm pretty sure that the language is french... as there is not only the word "bus" but also "fugue", for "flight/disappearance" which victoria pronounces wrongly as "fug" and agnes corrects her "füg"... that is french. and i believe i remember it from the director's comments on the scenes, that josefin nyberg (victoria) didn't speak french, so the wrong pronounciation hadn't to be played but was real...
and even if agnes hadn't been interrupted, she hadn't been able to kill herself with THAT blade, as it was a safety razor. you can't cut yourself deep enough with that to kill yourself, AFAIK...
Last edited by wusel on Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>but we are so fucking cool :)</span></span>
wusel

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)