FA on wikipedia.org

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby emp » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:11 pm

OK, it's done - <a href='http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A1ska_je_l%C3%A1ska' target='_blank'>link</a>. I also added the link to it to the english article (which I basically translated). I guess I'm gonna extend it a bit more later.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:35 pm

emp wrote: OK, it's done - <a href='http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A1ska_je_l%C3%A1ska' target='_blank'>link</a>. I also added the link to it to the english article (which I basically translated). I guess I'm gonna extend it a bit more later.

why did you add the IMDb-assessment??
i think its not good because if you look at the assessment in detail (click on vote and scroll down)
american/regular voters voted 6.6/6.9 and thats probably because of its not dubbed to their language so they pull the whole assessment down :-/
of course in that case they count too, but the assessment hasn't to be noticed in the article? :-)
do you get my point?
just an idea...
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby emp » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:10 pm

darkleon wrote: why did you add the IMDb-assessment??
i think its not good because if you look at the assessment in detail (click on vote and scroll down)
american/regular voters voted 6.6/6.9 and thats probably because of its not dubbed to their language so they pull the whole assessment down :-/
of course in that case they count too, but the assessment hasn't to be noticed in the article? :-)
do you get my point?
just an idea...

Yeah, I get it, but it's a regular rating nonetheless, although screwed up by American voters. I changed the sentence to: The assessment is very positive in most cases, e.g. on IMDb, the movie has a user rating of 8.0/10 at the moment (detailed statistics reveal that US voters gave the film an average rating of 6.6 a brought the overall rating down - reason for a rating that's so different from the rest of the world is unknown). Most of both proffesional reviewers and internet users agree that it's a very realistic story about growing up and the love itself, not only the lesbian love.
Last edited by emp on Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happend".<br>"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that was given to us."
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby darkleon » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:43 pm

emp wrote:
darkleon wrote: why did you add the IMDb-assessment??
do you get my point?
just an idea...

Yeah, I get it, but it's a regular rating nonetheless, although screwed up by American voters. I changed the sentence to: The assessment is very positive in most cases, e.g. on IMDb, the movie has a user rating of 8.0/10 at the moment (detailed statistics reveal that US voters gave the film an average rating of 6.6 a brought the overall rating down - reason for a rating that's so different from the rest of the world is unknown). Most of both proffesional reviewers and internet users agree that it's a very realistic story about growing up and the love itself, not only the lesbian love.

mmh don't know
is a assessment/own opinion at all permitted in an encyclopedia??
i think it should be neutral

and is it really important what is written on imdb?
respectively what users vote?
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby emp » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:47 pm

darkleon wrote: mmh don't know
is a assessment/own opinion at all permitted in an encyclopedia??
i think it should be neutral

and is it really important what is written on imdb?
respectively what users vote?

But I think it's pretty much neutral....it says something about how is it rated throughout on the internet and I base it on the biggest movie site. It also gives you some facts on the voting statistics. I could have written it like "Most of the users, including me, say this movie is just GREAT. Because this movie is soooo realistic and so nice. You really have to see for yourself. And the idiots from USA gave it 6.6 on IMDB, morons."
;)
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby emp » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:14 am

A czech admin reviewed the page, corrected some mistakes, but didn't say anything about the assessment part, so I guess that's allright.
BTW I love wikipedia, I already wrote a second article, great feeling :rolleyes:
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby darkleon » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:25 pm

emp wrote: BTW I love wikipedia, I already wrote a second article, great feeling :rolleyes:

yeah i like it too, although creative writing is not my case
so i try to translate, corrects mistake or whatever i like to :-)
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby JustMe90 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:33 pm

hey, ill try to translate the text to spanish.
age: 14<br>sex: female<br>sexuality: bi/ (well at the moment more) lesbian<br>what i ever wanted to say to you: hello (lol. i dont wanted to insult or something. so i wrote hello)<br>why this signature suckz: couse i made it without thinking about it a lot and its stupid and boring<br>
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby JustMe90 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:39 pm

i just wanted to do it but it dindt work. its a bit strange
age: 14<br>sex: female<br>sexuality: bi/ (well at the moment more) lesbian<br>what i ever wanted to say to you: hello (lol. i dont wanted to insult or something. so i wrote hello)<br>why this signature suckz: couse i made it without thinking about it a lot and its stupid and boring<br>
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby darkleon » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:45 pm

JustMe90 wrote: hey, ill try to translate the text to spanish.

cool!
if you have finished just write it hear so i can put i link to all other articles
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby emp » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:57 pm

JustMe90 wrote: i just wanted to do it but it dindt work. its a bit strange

How come? What what was the problem?
emp
Faithfull Member

Postby JustMe90 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:07 pm

dunno. i just dont know how to do it on the shitty spanish site. i have already published some stuff in the german wikipedia (about marilyn manson) but the spanish wikipedia is different... ill try it again today
JustMe90
Silver Member

Postby emp » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:05 am

JustMe90 wrote: dunno. i just dont know how to do it on the shitty spanish site. i have already published some stuff in the german wikipedia (about marilyn manson) but the spanish wikipedia is different... ill try it again today

That's strange. I think all wikis run on the same engine (maybe even on one server). It was probably just a temporary problem. When I was adding the FA article to the czech wiki, I saw a message about some temporary database lockdown. It was OK in an hour.
emp
Faithfull Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)