question about the locker-scene

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby darkleon » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:10 pm

victorie says: "good picture"
but...WHY?
what is her intention to say that?
is it ironic and the boys just didn't understand?
or is it meant to be mean and its just poor acting from Josefine Nyberg?
i think i don't really understand this small scene (the conversation between victoria and the boys)
and in the german dupped version its sound like the one buy says something mean to her but int he english script it looks like the boy is that saying to an other boy...
how is that scene meant by lucas??

what do you think???
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby styvisor » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:55 pm

Victoria was saying "good picture" to try and fit in with the "gay-bashing" of Agnes due to her being kissed by Elin, as she was no longer the butt of peoples joke's due to her disability. Plus she was trying to get her pounds worth after being insulted by Agnes at Agnes' birthday party by saying that she had been touched up by Agnes.... But due to Victoria's disability she would never be with the in crowd, and thats why the boy's ignore her when she tries to talk to them and they ignore her (thats what I reckon anyway :P )

I think Lukas had that scene just to show the pettyness and prententiousness of adolesence, and how spiteful they can be to any person who doesn't fit into a specific clique (again that's what I reckon anyway B) )
styvisor
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)