La Carpe

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby sydney » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:27 pm

Does anyone know more about <a href='http://www.bradfordfilmfestival.org.uk/2003/filmdetail.asp?ida=3792' target='_blank'>this</a> movie, featuring Alexandra Dahlström?

Last edited by sydney on Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:00 pm

I don't know much about it. I found <a href='http://www.chez.com/alaincine9/2002/Competition/Carpe.htm' target='_blank'>this link</a> on Oles website, but it doesn't really say a lot.

Ole has written a few words about it as well, on his <a href='http://oebfa.com/en/alexandra.html' target='_blank'>Alexandra-page</a>.
Peter

Postby sydney » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:05 pm

Yep, there is nothing much I can find on the web. I only found <a href='http://www.bradfordfilmfestival.org.uk/2003/filmdetail.asp?ida=3792' target='_blank'>this site</a> with some information in English.

It is probably impossible to get hold of a copy, but I will try it anyway. :)
Last edited by sydney on Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby sydney » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:30 pm

Yet another picture found of this movie.

sydney

Postby vis » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:39 pm

I've found some info about " la carpe " on: <a href='http://w2.amiens.com/festivalfilm/2002_jeunes_auteurs.html' target='_blank'>w2.amiens.com/festivalfilm/2002_jeunes_auteurs.html</a>

La Carpe

France 2002

Four young people gather to cook and eat a live carp. The carp escapes and disapears. The anguish grows.

Quatre jeunes gens se retrouvent pour préparer et déguster une carpe. Mais la carpe, toujours vivante, leur glisse des doigts et s'échappe. Une sourde angoisse s'installe.
R/D : Alanté Alfandari
Sc : Alanté Alfandari · Ph/C : Michel Amathieu · M/Ed : Alanté Alfandari · S : Stéphane Albinet · Mus : Nicolas Laferrerie · P : Les films d'Antoine · 13'30 · 35 mm · F · Coul/Col · Int/Cast : Alexandra Dahlström, Stéphane Chivot · Contact : les Films d'Antoine
Last edited by vis on Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vis
Faithfull Member

Postby vis » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:49 pm

And some more:

LES FILMS D'ANTOINE
Court Métrage
"La carpe"

Festival du film français de Stockholm (Suède, juin 2002),
Grenoble (juillet 2002),
Palm Springs (USA, août 2002),
Amiens (novembre 2002),
Brawnschweig (Allemagne, novembre 2002),
Edimbourg (Ecosse, novembre 2002),
Festival Pegase (Futuroscope, novembre 2002),
La nuit du court-métrage de Vilnius (Lituanie, novembre 2002),
Bradford (Grande Bretagne, mars 2003).

Diffusion TV
Cinécinécourts mars 2003

Long Métrage
"Ecoute le Temps"

En développement, scénario de Alanté Alfandari

antoine@lesfilmsdantoine.com
Last edited by vis on Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vis
Faithfull Member

Postby vis » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:55 pm

I've found this information on altavista "les films d'antoine" which is the production company.
There might be some more info, but I can hardly read french.
"Le cheval fume une pipe" is the only french I know. ;)
vis
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:11 pm

Vis, thanks for the information. I have already ordered a copy with this production company. I am very curious about this product. :)

I guess you are too? B)
sydney

Postby vis » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:33 pm

Yes, of course I am, but the problem is I don't understand french. :angry:
Maybe you could ask them if the film will be distributed here in Holland.
When I wrote "le cheval fume une pipe", I wasn't joking, this is more or less the only french I know. :(
vis
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:44 pm

Je ne parle pas Francais aussi. Mais le video est avec soustitrages de Anglais. Merde, that is very difficult. The French lessons were a long time ago. :D

I just wanted to say that the video is with english subtitles. It isn't really for sale, but for a fan they wanted to make a copy of the movie.
sydney

Postby vis » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:21 am

I just wrote them a mail.
I asked them if the film is going to be released in Holland.

I found an interview with Alexandra on alexandra-dahlström.com.
She mensioned La Carpe, but the interviewer wasn't interrested. :angry:
vis
Faithfull Member

Postby vis » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:41 pm

Well ???
Did you receive a copy?
And so if you did, what is it like?

Greetings, vis.
vis
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:11 pm

vis wrote: Well ???
Did you receive a copy?
And so if you did, what is it like?

Greetings, vis.

No I haven't received it yet. It is probably because I did not pay yet. <_< Well I am going to make the payment soon. I had a lot of things on my mind lately, so this slipped my mind. :unsure:
sydney

Postby sydney » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:01 pm

I received "La Carpe" today and watched it immediately of course. B) Thanks to <a href='mailto:antoine@lesfilmsdantoine.com'>les Films d'Antoine</a> for the copy.

First of all it was really odd to hear Alexandra Dahlström speak French. But she did it quite well actually. But I cannot really judge, because my French is not that good. The movie itself is a shortfilm like many other shortfilms. Not enough time to make the build up to the plot. But I think that Alanté Alfandari (director) managed to give you enough questions at the end to think about. The film in itself is not that creepy, but it confronts you with the way animals are treated (that's my filosofy).

Alexandra is the key person in the film and she is almost in every shot of the movie. So, I hope to give you a few screenshots in the near future, as soon as I have got permission.
Last edited by sydney on Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby sydney » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:05 pm

Thanks to Antoine of <a href='mailto:antoine@lesfilmsdantoine.com'>les Films d'Antoine</a> I can show you some exclusive pics of the shortmovie "La Carpe":

Really nice pics of Alexandra imho. Nice fact: She actually learned french to star in this film. B)

Anyway I will make a general picture section soon, where I will catagorize all photo's not directly linked to Fucking Åmål, like pics of La Carpe, Bear's kiss and Sanning eller Konsekvens for example.
Last edited by sydney on Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)