Johann

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby iand » Tue May 10, 2005 7:54 pm

There's not much about Johann on this forum. I think he's a really great character. At first you think he's a bit of a creep, the way he hangs around Elin, but later you feel really sorry for him. Or do you? Other people I've spoken to don't like Johann at all.
iand

Postby julien1843 » Wed May 11, 2005 11:39 am

ian wrote: There's not much about Johann on this forum. I think he's a really great character. At first you think he's a bit of a creep, the way he hangs around Elin, but later you feel really sorry for him. Or do you? Other people I've spoken to don't like Johann at all.

I think in the same way as you about Johan ;)
julien1843
Faithfull Member

Postby Anny » Wed May 25, 2005 10:57 am

i think he is an idiot! it shows that boys have no idea what girls are about and it doesn't matter to them as long as they are beautiful... that's the truth so i think this character fits well to the story. i think about this scene where Elin, Jessica, Marcus and Johann sit on in the living room and watch tv an the two boys are talking about their mobile phenes. then Elin comes in and she has an argument with Marcus about what he thinks what girls are interested in Johann says nothing to defend his girlfriend. these are prejudices but as i said it fits to the story so it's ok...
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Wed May 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Anny wrote: Johann says nothing to defend his girlfriend.

This scene shows conflict between the different sides of the poor boy. Johann Is a character that needs a leader, and follows everything that Marcus says, he looks up to him. So when the two people he cares about take different sides of an argument, he's torn between defending his girlfriend or defending his best friend, which is why he doesn't say anything; he doesn't want to make things worse. But he's in a position where somebody WILL get hurt. and staying quiet and not taking sides was probably, given the situation, the only thing a person like himself could think to do.
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)