new få music video

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby common svensson » Tue May 10, 2005 11:20 pm

hi,

after watching få countless times i finally decided to make a music video of it. You can download it here:

<a href='http://www.achim-der-angler.de/fa/fa_anything_she_does.zip' target='_blank'>http://www.achim-der-angler.de/fa/fa_anyth...ng_she_does.zip</a>

Just right-click on the link and choose "save as...". You should have Windows Media Player 9 or later installed.

Maybe the music is not everyone's taste, i hope you like it, though.

please let me know what you think!
common svensson

Postby arkz1531 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:22 am

nice video and music! what song was that and was it by?
<i><b>"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" ~Ernest Gaines</b></i>
Name: Kyle
D.O.B.:January 30, 1987
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
arkz1531
Silver Member

Postby Narcissus » Wed May 11, 2005 12:26 am

fantastisch!
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby common svensson » Wed May 11, 2005 9:00 am

the song's called "anything she does" by genesis (from the album "invisible touch"). it seemed to me like a somewhat lively 80's pop-version of broder daniel's "whirlwind", that's why i used it here.

thanks for the positive feedback :)
common svensson

Postby julien1843 » Wed May 11, 2005 11:30 am

Thanks! My dream still a clip with whirlwind :wub:
julien1843
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:23 pm

Hej commonsvensson, this is a *wonderful* job! I used to own that Genesis record when I was 13... I'm sure I haven't listened to that song for nearly 15 years now and had completely forgotten about it. But, surprisingly, it fits great - just like that bloody Foreigner tune in the film... Love your editing (it has the right pace), and especially the ending is beautiful! (You owe us the kiss, however!)
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby common svensson » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:39 pm

Hi kant1781,

thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like the ending. It was fun putting together the scenes and looking at how the result turned out; especially mixing up the story a little, like for example making Elin's dream to appear like Agnes' fantasy... And you're right, the Foreigner tune is cheesy as hell, but it oddly works. I think Lukas' choice of music here was an early sign of madness :blink: But anyway, he's the kind of director who can use that music and still makes us love the movie.
Regarding the kissing scene, ok, I didn't include this one (wouldn't have fit into the whole 'Agnes longing for Elin'-theme of the video...). But I don't think this was my last video... "bara vänta lite" B)

@julien1843: a whirlwind video would be cool, that's for sure. I'll try to do something about that, but it won't happen in the near future, as I'm so sloooow...
common svensson

Postby kant1781 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:37 pm

common svensson wrote: I didn't include this one (wouldn't have fit into the whole 'Agnes longing for Elin'-theme of the video...).

Frankly admitted! In fact it's great how you combined material from the entire film in a way that makes this video something like a prequel to the actual story, as your fine ending makes clear, an introduction that stops just where the real-life story between A and E begins. But that only means that we want a sequel from you to cover that as well! The difficult thing question is which song would be suited for it...

(B.t.w., how did you change the picture on the locker??? Looks amazing!)
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby common svensson » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:13 pm

Your compliments really build me up! Actually, I've already thought about some things, the question is, however, if it works out the way I planned... I hope to have the second video finished by the end of the month (beware, I'm known for breaking deadlines...). I'll try my best...

kant1781 wrote:(B.t.w., how did you change the picture on the locker??? Looks amazing!)

That was quite easy, I just asked Rebecka to do a reshoot of that scene ;) ... No, seriously, I used a software called "Adobe After Effects" (I love that program). It has a built-in tracking function, which helps you to track the movement of significant spots in a Video, like the four corners of the picture on the locker. The data of the tracked four corners can then be used to distort a new image, in order to match the new image's corners with the tracked corners. The result is a replacement of an object in the original video - in this case, the replacement of the locker picture with elin's picture. Unfortunately, automatic analysing of tracking data is never that clean, depending on the source material. That means you have to do a lot of manual tweaking to make the replacement look convincing. In fact, it took me a couple of hours to change these few seconds of footage. If you look close enough, you can still see some wobbling in the picture, which is due to messy tracking points. But this little error usually goes unnoticed, as you can only see it for a few moments. Here you can see a longer version of the replaced footage:
<a href='http://www.achim-der-angler.de/fa/tracking.zip' target='_blank'>http://www.achim-der-angler.de/fa/tracking.zip</a>
There is a part with extreme unnatural wobbling, which - of course - isn't included in the final video. I hope my explanation makes some sense...
Last edited by common svensson on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
common svensson

Postby kant1781 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:49 pm

Your explanations definitely do make sense, thanks!

I hope to have the second video finished by the end of the month (beware, I'm known for breaking deadlines...).

Right, so I'll be waiting! :P
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby common svensson » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:07 am

hi everyone,

yes, I'm still around :D . I've been very busy lately, and the cutting of the new video - of course - took longer than expected. I'm glad the whole thing is done now, you can see & discuss the result under the new topic "få music video - brace yourself". See you in the new thread!

ps: sorry for the double posting, this message is just meant as a notification for the people who have a subscription to this topic...
common svensson

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)