finishing the Five years later script

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby sydney » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:18 pm

Just a note of critic. I think that the breaking up with Hanna comes too sudden and I cannot believe that one will break up this easily. Personally I should add some drama to it and extend the relationship with Hanna.
sydney

Postby Narcissus » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:20 pm

agreed, perfection can't be achieved quickly, take some time over it :wink:
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby ioana » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:16 am

I'm so happy, it gets better and better.. :)
ioana
Faithfull Member

Postby ioana » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:20 am

And about Hanna breaking up so fast: probably she was already in love
with someone else and that's why she took it so easy.. :roll:
ioana
Faithfull Member

Postby nicolas » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:32 pm

Thanks for all that work, this is really something!
When I first came on this website, I saw the link to FA 5 years later. I was very sceptical. Very often sequels turn out to be disappointing, but I had to admit that this Peter Svensson had done a fair piece of work, and I'm also looking forward to whatever contribution you will give.
Still: I saw the movie for the first time only just 10 days ago, and I was absolutely captivated. FA is a bautiful story, and we would all love it to go on. But it has to end some day, because people will get weary of it eventually. And for my part I prefere an open end.
nicolas

Postby kant1781 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:27 pm

Hey t.A.T.u4ever, what about the remaining parts of your story?
Don't mind the criticism, that's part of the game! Anybody who thinks he/she can do it better should step forward with some work of his/her own!

Or will we have three unfinished versions of the 5YL idea now...?
Maybe the problem is that the project is just too large. It could be more rewarding to start on a smaller scale... one small scene here, one short story there, could be beautiful to start with.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:29 pm

kant1781 wrote:Don't mind the criticism, that's part of the game! Anybody who thinks he/she can do it better should step forward with some work of his/her own!

The point of the criticism is that it's meant to be constructive. We mean to give advice, not to rip apart the fabric of what's there. You should try to consider that before jumping in and critisising us. Like with the alcohol threat, you make it sound like we're promoting drug use....
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby nicolas » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:48 pm

I did not want to discourage any atempt to continue the story, on the contrary, I'd also love to have a sequel to read.
I know my criticism was not very advising since it was pretty general and fundamental. FA is such a fragile structure, probably everybody has an own way of imagining how the story is going on.
Sharing our ideas about the future of Agnes and Elin might be a wonderful thing. Perhabs I'll even give it a go myself. But arguing which sequel is best and which one we want to be "official" would give the whole thing an unfriendly touch. So what ever sequel will be written, I'll greedily read it.
And no, I have nothing to criticize about what was written so far. Bravo t.A.Tu. 4ever (and Peter if you ever come to read this)!
nicolas

Postby sydney » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:13 am

After the last entry of t.A.Tu. 4ever it has been very quiet on her part... I would like to know what her opinion is about the criticism. The criticism was only meant positive, only to perfect the story...

t.A.Tu. 4ever, why did you stop so far?

And I agree with Narcissus, you can't criticize criticism. Criticism is there to discuss. I (like many others) cannot write a story like this, but I (like many others) can recognize a great story.
sydney

Postby t.A.T.u.4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:45 am

I didn't think what you all wrote was criticism and im glad you guys share your thoughts.I haven't continued because i've been really busy with work and school its been hard but i'll put the rest of it up very soon but im still working on the ending so just bare with me.
name-Tiffany
D.O.B-April 9, 1990
location-usa
sexuality-lesbian
music-t.A.T.u.,Missy Higgins,avenged sevenfold,evanescence,the veronicas
t.A.T.u.4ever
Gold Member

Postby kant1781 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:20 pm

Narcissus wrote:
kant1781 wrote:Don't mind the criticism, that's part of the game! Anybody who thinks he/she can do it better should step forward with some work of his/her own!

The point of the criticism is that it's meant to be constructive. We mean to give advice, not to rip apart the fabric of what's there. You should try to consider that before jumping in and critisising us. Like with the alcohol threat, you make it sound like we're promoting drug use....

Huh? What's going on here? :? "You talking' to me?" :wink:

First: I didn't criticize nobody for criticizing. Nowhere. I explicitly said that it's part of the game.

Second: All I wanted to do was to encourage t.A.T.u. who (it seemed) had broken off her efforts to go on.

Third: I wasn't sarcastic when I wrote that people who think they could equally or better write that kind of stuff should step forward, I was honest. I just wanted to encourage what ioana had in mind when she started this topic: A friendly competition. (I agree with everything Nicolas said about that.)

Fourth: About one third of my posts in this forum are criticisms (fair and encouraging criticisms, I hope) of the work of other people, while another third consist of repeated invitations to criticize my own work on FA. The phrase that I love to receive, that I *depend* on criticism, is something like a constant refrain in these posts. (The thread is a bit outdated at the moment, but it's still there.) To my mind, there should be more criticism, more discussion in this forum, not less! So there's no need to teach me about what criticism is and why it's a good thing.

Fifth: I have no idea which post in the alcohol thread you refer to, but it's obviously not mine. I accused nobody nowhere ever of promoting drug use, I promote it myself whenever I feel like it.
kant1781
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)