any other films involving lesbians?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

any other films involving lesbians?

Postby jaret » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:18 am

i may sound kind of a pevert or something, but lesbian love is so sweet... so i'd like everyone to tell me if you know any other film about lesbians that is a bit as good as FA :D
jaret

Postby Narcissus » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:04 am

Trust me, I am the only pervert around here! Ask *Blond*! lol

Other films that have high rankings here include 'Lost and Delirious' and 'My Summer of Love'
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby jaret » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:20 am

aobut you being a pervert... no comments

about the movies, thanks! :D i'll be downloading them soon!
jaret

Postby robinn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:26 pm

in my honest opinion Lost and Delirious isn't that good but probably worth watching for ... I mean, a young Mischa Barton coming of age is nice from time to time.
robinn
Silver Member

Postby jaret » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:15 pm

well, i can't download it anyway... there's only a 3880Mb torrent, and i don't have a DVD burner... but I'm downloading my summer of love
jaret

Postby darkleon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:30 pm

"But I'm A Cheerleader" is nice too, sometimes absurd but quite funny
Last edited by darkleon on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby jaret » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:03 am

thanks! the l word seems interesting, but i wont be downloading any more things for a while, my computer had a problem just 1hr ago because of that.... i think, it had not been turned off for like.... a week. I'll still download them as soon as i feel like it won't harm my PC
jaret

Postby kant1781 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:02 pm

"Lost and Delirious" is nice to watch because of the supercute actresses it features, but as a film it isn't really that great, lightyears away from FA, anyway (I agree with robinn).
Apart from "Summer of Love" (and whether you can download it right now or not :wink: ), there's also a 1996 or '97 thing called "All Over Me" (Alex Sichel, director) with Alison Folland and Tara Subkoff, which is quite good - honest, realistic, encouraging.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby robinn » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:00 pm

I tried renting My Summer Of Love, but so far it seems to be impossible in the town I live in. I don't like watching films on my computer so I think I'll buy since I hear nothing but good things about it!

thanks to this topic I found about this film so we see, posting here is usefull still! (listening to bright eyes ^O^ at the moment)
robinn
Silver Member

Postby kant1781 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:27 pm

According to Amazon, the "My Summer of Love"-DVD will appear in Germany (for rent and sale) on March 16. (If that applies to you, robinn).
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby robinn » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:55 pm

:roll:

since the film's premiere was in 2004 en it was shown in cinema's in 2004 and 2005 (at least here in Holland) i thought it was already released on DVD but that doesnt seem to be case. I can't find it on DVD order sites either so i'll have to wait a little longer, thanks kant!

btw! read your entire ssay in the train a few weeks ago, and I was surprised by the way you expressed your feelings for Få, in a positive way that is

in conversation about the film me and my friends often discussed if I think the film was realistic because in their opinion it wasn't since the romance between agnes and elin goes fast (too fast). clearly, it was shot realistic, documentary style. we've always brabbled something like "well, I think you should see it as some kind of metaphore of growing up etc. it takes ordinary people six years to grow up and follow their heart (the average length of puberty) but agnes and elin just grow up in one weekend". your essay offered more insight in these thoughts and feelings by saying that "getting out of åmål" is just getting out of a state of mind (but that was obvious) and also by saying that other tiny bits in the film, like the bridge, of course the hitchhiking scene, are best seen as metaphors in this process of getting out of amal. if i remember correctly, that part of the bridge being the huge mental stap elin had to take, wasn't precisely your idea but some other guys whose review i never read but anyway, it was your work putting these things together. it was nice to see other struggling with almost the same question.

i do have more to say about this point, but I have to go now, so time's up. and somehow i have to be extremely careful with how I put thoughts in English, being a struggling Dutch teenager myself
O-)
robinn
Silver Member

Postby Physis » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:21 am

There's a new movie coming out called "Imagine Me and You". It's a british romantic comedy and it looks like it's going to be really good. You should check it out. http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searc ... emeandyou/

You can find clips from the movie and other info @ imdb.com. Just search for "Imagine Me and You" and take a look at the message boards.

~Jane~
Physis

Postby kant1781 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:28 pm

@Physis: Yes, looks promising... and some things sound familiar! :wink: Won't open in non-English speaking Europe before March, however. Tell us how it is if you go and see it!

@that struggling Dutch teenager and onverveert Prince van Oranjen, :lol: robinn: Thank you very much for your kind comments! So you made good on your promise, I'm impressed! _O_ I'd like to respond to what you say, but I'll do that in the other thread, as it is a little off topic here.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:12 pm

i'm still wanting to go see 'imagine me & you' and 'brokeback mountain', anyone wanna go with me? lol
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:41 pm

i'd like to see 'imaging me & and' with you will ^^ i mean if i could... to be honest i didn't understand everything in the trailer but i think it would be a good experience for me :wink: (watching a film in english i mean...) maybe i'll do so, who knows... but if it was an invitation... :D
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)