any other films involving lesbians?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby darkleon » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:01 am

Kolya wrote:Um, saying that there isn't a happy ending is hardly telling the end, is it?
If you had seen the movie, that I pointed you to, you'd know that I wasn't giving away much here.

much....cos i know the direction where it leads
anyway...just put a spoiler-warning at the beginning of such a post ok?
thx!
darkleon
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:13 pm

yeah!!!!! smile movies...with lesbians may be a cartoon?!?!?! SAILOR MOON!!!!!! with Haruka and Michiru!!!! but above all of that Buffy...with wonderful Willow and Tara:):):)
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Kolya » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:25 pm

Has anyone seen "All over me", "Thirteen" or "Lilja 4-Ever"?
Those are next on my list. (No spoilers, I promise.) :D
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:37 pm

check Bound...cool movie..hope anyone hasn't mention it yet.. 8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115736/
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Kolya » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:08 pm

Mmh, yeah I know "Bound" and it's really really cool, as you said.
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:20 am

First to report Brockback Mountain got an Oscar for best directing...and 2 more...anyway honestly i've seen it and it's too slow for me too many reflections...their meetings too distant in time, but some parts are hard but sweet:) and both actors are just amazing!!bad luck none of them got an Oscar.... :cry:
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Kolya » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:37 pm

Kolya
Gold Member

Postby Sphinx » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:49 pm

oh my oh my!!! had no idea how popular is this topic :lol: ..."tipping the velvet" sound very interesting...and has good reviews 8)
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Kolya » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:15 am

It's a bit strange to search about this topic, yeah. But actually a lot of good movies have been made about it it seems. So as long as you don't go looking for Kiss of Venus* it's okay I think. :D

*Fictional title, don't search it. :wink:
Kolya
Gold Member

Postby Blue » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:18 am

Hey there..I just came across this group but I figured I would post a few of my favorite movies.
1. The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love ****** A great Movie
2. Kissing Jessica Stein One of my favorite Movies*****
3. Gia
4. The truth about Jane (a bit slow but I found it after I got into the show "Dead like me" and it was interesting to see oneof the repers playing a lesbian.
5. Better Than Chocolate (yeah also a little slow)
6. Being John Malkovich
7. Heavenly Creatures ...When I was 12 I found this book in my grandparents attic from the 40's or something titled "The Evil Friendship" and I was obcessed with it..That was the book this movie was based on. Kate Winslet was etheral in this movie.
Blue

Postby Sphinx » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:53 am

Heavenly creatures is amazing and it's based on a true story...can you imagine 2 girls living in a world on their own, with their own rules...which are not accepted in society.(i'm not realy telling right now about their sexuality rather the murder that they commited)In the book i read that after that they got separated and never seen each other again,and the speech in the court that they are above humain law...that's something :wink:
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Lisa Skagerstam » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:37 am

Hi, this is my first post here. :D

I have to recommend "All over me." It is a very well made film, and very similar to Fucking Amal in it's quality, and message. Great film. Maybe a bit difficult to find now though. I actually saw it before Fucking Amal but didn't notice the similarity til years later (after the impact Fucking Amal made on me wore off a bit.)

I'm neither a lesbian, nor a fan of lesbian films in particular, but All Over Me is right up there with Fucking Amal IMO.
Lisa Skagerstam

Postby Sphinx » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:08 am

is here any fan of lesbian films?! :wink: description sounds funny :D
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:08 pm

fan of lesbian films...? :wink: too bad i didn't see more *hihi*
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

Postby Anny » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:56 pm

i found a new lesbian-filmi want to watch "but i'm a cheerleader"

:arrow: has anyone the dvd and could copy it for me??
name: annika
d.o.b.: 08 sep 1987
sex: female
sexuality: lesbian
Anny
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)