Kwan lyrics

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Bob9 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:57 am

I just noticed that the finnish hip-hop group Kwan has a reference to Fucking Åmål in the lyrics of their song called Microphoneaye.

It goes like this: Oh my godda, oh my goddess that I don't live in fucking Åmal, god bless.

The whole lyrics here:
Chorus: Beatbox and Turntables, Few tracks and Microphoneaye!

I say I'm back dakety digedy daca like a sacka Black blacety hakety haca daca wacka Play with your tongue diga daga waga say, yo I gotta lyrics like bullets in the AK So ready or not, I'm coming to ya What you gonna do now? Step in to the party of mine All I neeeeeed is a rhythm divine So I can put the words on beat and drop it on the line Hippy hippy shake hippy lo hippy hi Bigedy back to trackmasters slam ziggy I Hiphop is my ambition, so I settle the score I'll be one step ahead with my sniper on your backdoor Yeah I got a message in the bottle take it from the water Read it to your sister and your brother Step inside the perfect dark of this new lifeform tonight Put the uniform on tonight

Gimme room, gimme room now, back up son You won't get the mic yo 'til I get done I warn you: do don't talk, I say say Come on baby light my fire, purple haze Higher mathematics, 106, No tricks, just a pure hiphop addictics Don't ever underestimate your enemy like Kennedy They got the poison, you don't got to remedy What's the melody coming from the temple of the Kwan dynasty? Sweet melancholy rhapsody His Infernal Majesty has arrived And I'll testify when the love and death embrace tonight Oh my godda, oh my goddess that I don't live in fucking Åmal, god bless Yo, should I wear a pink dress, should I go at all Knock the wood, knock knock a dål dål

Engine, engine number 9 Across the fader on the transit line Back little at the front - that's fine Is everybody ready for the chorus?

It goes something like this!
Bob9

Postby sydney » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:44 pm

Hej Bob9,

I have listened to the song. Great isn't it? Is there a connection between Kwan and the movie? Maybe they are just fans of the movie, but on the other hand there might be some other connection.

Thanks for this tip!
sydney

Postby vis » Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:25 pm

Is Kwan a Swedish band?
vis
Faithfull Member

Postby Bob9 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:03 pm

Kwan is from Finland. I dont think they have any other connection to the movie than that they just like it. However they got their name from the movie Jerry Maguire, but that's another story.
Oh, and it sure is a good song :)
Last edited by Bob9 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob9

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)