Fucking Åmål fan-fiction by Nemo_Me

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Fucking Åmål fan-fiction by Nemo_Me

Postby oeb » Tue May 30, 2006 3:59 pm

Nemo_Me has continued her fan-fiction - it's got it's dedicated page on the site and you can also download/ view it in PDF-format.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:47 pm

Nemo_me, you have to forgive us all, because we're all a bit slow at the moment... me for certain. Lots of nasty things keep me away from this forum, and even though I check in regularly, I don't have the time to contribute much. But here comes my thumbs-up: ^O^ Beautiful continuation of your sequel, and I like it as ever. It only has one fault: It's too short! I hope you continue and push the story further ahead with the next installment. I'll be waiting...
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby robinn » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:34 pm

good to see the members are still alive and contributing to the sites all over the internet.

I can't read nemo_me's fanfiction right now but i'm definitely going to as soon as possible. although I am confused... i know there's an old fanfiction written by Peter (on the rebecka liljeberg forum) that was never finished... is that true? and kolya did one too, didn't he? and the new one's made by nemo_me? am I right?

I get a little confused, mixing up storylines and such. can someone point it out clearly for me please?

RobiN!
robinn
Silver Member

Postby oeb » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:02 pm

I believe all fan-fictions are seperate storylines, but I might be mistaken. If there is interest, I can make pages for the two other fan-fictions on the site aswell.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby Rimfaxe » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:00 pm

I would be glad if you would make a site for the other two as well...
and thanks for making this one
DOB. 19 06 90

Music: Finntroll!!!

Sexuality: lesbian
Rimfaxe

Postby bartolomeo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:32 pm

OEB, WE ALL WAITING...

be quick or be dead!!!
bartolomeo

Postby kant1781 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:58 pm

robinn wrote:i know there's an old fanfiction written by Peter (on the rebecka liljeberg forum) that was never finished... is that true? and kolya did one too, didn't he? and the new one's made by nemo_me? am I right? I get a little confused, mixing up storylines and such. can someone point it out clearly for me please?

Ta-damm! Här är jag! 8) As it happens I did a little research on this... To answer your question, here's a small lecture on Fucking Åmål sequels. (Forgive me! O-) )

All in all, I know of seven such sequels (needless to say, none is finished, they are all fragments, between 2 and 15 pages long!)
I will not give my opinion on their quality, which varies greatly.

There are two types of sequel projects. We can call the first the "5 minutes later"-type, and the other one the "5 years later"-type.
That means, the first type continues the story right where the film breaks off, either literally "five minutes later", or starting again with the next day in school or something. The second type takes the story up again after a lapse of time of five years. As far as I know, there are four texts of the first kind, three of the second.

The oldest script of the "5 minutes later"-type seems to be a quite long text written by one Matic Azman (from Slovenia, I think) in the rebecka-liljeberg.com-forum back in 2002. You can still find it here, , even after rebecca-liljeberg.com has apparently disappeared, thanks to droopy:
http://rebecka.jsmf.net/viewtopic.php?t=74
Secondly, there's Nemo_me's current text which Ole features, and which is of course of the same type. Let's hope that it keeps growing!
Then there are two more sequels of this kind, both of which however are unavailable right now:
Yvette Boulanger wrote the beginning of a 5ML-sequel in the end of 2005 on this website
http://what-love-is.tripod.com/
but since January 2006 it is down and I doubt if it will ever be up again.
The last is a private thing that was once sent to me. I still hope I can convince the author to make it public soon.

Now, for the second type, the "5 years later" type, of course the most famous of these is Peter Svensson's script which was first published in the rebecca-liljeberg.com forum in 2002 and which Sydney featured on the old fucking-amal.com site. You can find it here:
http://rebecka.jsmf.net/viewtopic.php?t=128
(Read some of the frantic comments the script received, they're hilarious!)
It seems to have been agreed that Peter's script was of such a high quality that other authors have always tried to continue his script rather than to start from scratch.
So there are two attempts to continue the "5 years later" script, and both were put up in this forum (where you'll easily find them by scrolling down): The first one is by Tiffany (t.a.t.u4ever), which broke off very soon (in September 2005). The second one is by Kolya. It is by far the longest and I am - as everyone knows - particularly fond of it. The latest installment is only a few weeks old and there has been a long discussion about it here in the forum.

If somebody knows of something I've been missing, tell us please!
Last edited by kant1781 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby oeb » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks for the overview kant1781! I've planned some technical/ design updates of the website, so the other fan-fictions will be added after those are completed (and I'll have to get permissions from the authors of course).
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:56 pm

Just a small update: One of the fan-fics that is not hosted on this site, written by Yvette Boulanger, has been continued after a six-month break. It seems to be headed for a rather strange direction, but judge for yourself:
http://what-love-is.tripod.com/
kant1781
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)