FA on Foreignfilms.com - UK release of the DVD

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby sydney » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:48 pm

In a perfect world......

a perfect world is a world where everyone is really free to do what they want to do and where people don't interfere with other peoples life. We have got a long way to go!

It has made me look at myself and my life - what has gone before and where it is heading. So, quite an introspective week for me........!

Wow! this really reminds me of my first week when I saw FA (Sorry, no corona this time, I cannot find it on the keyboard at my work ;)). The second week was a week of decisions. ;)

I haven't seen this film, but I hear that it is set in Glasgow, Scotland, so well done if you could understand the accents! My neighbour is from Glasgow and I still don't understand a word she says!

hehe, well I could understand it very well, considering the movie had dutch subtitles. <_< Maybe you should switch to Ceefax (888) when you are speaking with your neighbour. :lol:

For all Scottish visitors: My last remark was meant to be pure ironic. :D
Last edited by sydney on Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby styvisor » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:24 pm

It has made me look at myself and my life - what has gone before and where it is heading. So, quite an introspective week for me........! 

Wow! this really reminds me of my first week when I saw FA (Sorry, no corona this time, I cannot find it on the keyboard at my work ). The second week was a week of decisions.

Ha, exactly the same thoughts I had after watching the film for the first time. Can anybody remember if they had butterflies in their stomachs for days after watching FA? I know I did :)

I haven't seen this film, but I hear that it is set in Glasgow, Scotland, so well done if you could understand the accents! My neighbour is from Glasgow and I still don't understand a word she says!

hehe, well I could understand it very well, considering the movie had dutch subtitles.  Maybe you should switch to Ceefax (888) when you are speaking with your neighbour. 

For all Scottish visitors: My last remark was meant to be pure ironic. 

Just a side thought here; There was a British film which was made in and around the north of England (can't remember what it's called) from a few years back that was released in America, and because they all had really strong accents, they had to relase it with subtitles <_< All I know is it starred Ricky Tomlinson.....
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby clara » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:47 pm

Well, I received the video of FA/Show Me Love through the post and have just watched it. From now on, I shall worship at the feet of Lukas Moodysson :) And hey, I really noticed Alexandra Dahlstrom this time ;) When I had seen it on BBC4, I had missed the first ten minutes of the film so I was pleased to be able to see all of it this time. But actually, I was struck this time at how good Erica Carlsson (Jessica) is - I love how she speaks about Markus :lol: and I do recall reading that Alexandra herself thought that Erica was really good in the film.........am I right?

I haven't yet heard anything further from Momentum Pictures about the British DVD release........
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:15 pm

@Styvisor:
Can anybody remember if they had butterflies in their stomachs for days after watching FA?

It was a strange feeling idd. In any case the movie was on my mind almost constantly. This had never happened to me before.

@Clara:
I received the video of FA/Show Me Love through the post and have just watched it. From now on, I shall worship at the feet of Lukas Moodysson

Hehe! :) That's great Clara.

Imho Lukas Moodysson is the best director around and still young. the 25th of August is the DVD release of his third movie Lilja 4-ever (UK title: Lilya 4-ever) in the UK. Very different then FÅ, but also a masterpiece. And then there is his second movie (feel good movie) Tillsammans (UK title: Together). Maybe the rentals are still open. ;)

I do recall reading that Alexandra herself thought that Erica was really good in the film.........am I right?

I remember Lukas Moodysson saying this also. She did not need much of assistance. You can call it natural talent.

I haven't yet heard anything further from Momentum Pictures about the British DVD release........

No, me neither. But I guess this is good news. If we had a reaction already then I think it must be a rejection. Now it could mean that they are discussing this internally.
Last edited by sydney on Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)